Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution!

In Response to Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution!:
    [QUOTE]I did serve in the military and my daughter did 2 tours in Iraq also. I challenge you to show any evidence that the Republicans when they were in power held votes without actually counting and following the congressional processes to insure fair and accurate voting??? It's easy to make allegations but, there is a congressional record so if you were not making it up it should be fairly easy to prove. I'll wait...............
    Posted by sk8ter2008[/QUOTE]

I think Ayn meant OUR military, Boater.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution! : I think Ayn meant OUR military, Boater.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]

Typical lefty try to slander when you have no rebuttal. You know Myself and my daughter were in the US military but, I understand your insecurities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]And yet, you seem to have felt threatened enough by this level of dissent to ignore it, and quote the Senate figures instead, when all previous discussion involved the House. It's easy enough for you guys to paint one Dem as a crackpot, but when Republicans vote against it, even before the abuses start, that's just a little too tough for you to face up to, isn't it? And then the re-authorization only passed 251 - 174, while the Republicans were still in charge. Getting harder for you to paint that many people as loons, isn't it?
    Posted by catmantwo[/QUOTE]

The current POTUS and SecState voted to reauthorize. 

Have a nice day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

[QUOTE]What the fcuk are you talking about? Threatened? Crackpot? Loons? Did you mean to reply to someone else who was talking about such things? All I've been talking about is how the vote went and that it was overwhelmingly voted in favor of by BOTH sides of the aisle. Not sure what you're rambling about. Talk to someone else about that shiite. 
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

I was quite well aware of who I was addressing. You are the one who asked;
    [QUOTE] Is that the same Patriot Act that was voted in favor 98 to 1???
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]
    aren't you?

The House vote after the hearing in question, on reauthorization of the so called "Patriot Act", was 251-174. Hardly what most would consider "an a55-whooping landslide", and that margin was only possible because the Republicans cheated, by closing down the hearing to keep the other side from being heard.

Your feeble attempt to change the context of my post to your advantage is just another of the many right-wing tactics I'm all too familiar with. But if you would rather abandon this conversation now that I've neutralized your strategy, that's fine by me, because;

That was the sound of a b!tch slap being administered...Surprised

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]I am assuming that you served in the US Military like Jack Murtha?  Or are you just a typical Republican faker?  Send other peoples' kids to get their butts blown off? If you did serve, I apologize.  If not, typical.  Jack Murtha has earned the right to say whatever he wants.  But that makes no difference to the fakers - I mean, look at how Cindy Sheehan was vilified (yes, she was a pain in the a r s e).  But, I'm sorry, losing a son entitles you to say whatever TF you want.
    Posted by aynrand3[/QUOTE]

Ayn,  You still feel Cindy can say whatever she wants?

"My only wish is that the energy we had at Camp Casey would not have been wasted. All we did is elect Democrats," she said. "Our energy was co-opted."

Sheehan, who in 2008 voted for Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney for president, said she is not disappointed by President Obama's performance in office, for she never had any expectations for him in the first place.

"It's been change in the wrong direction," said the one-time youth minister at a Catholic church in Vacaville, California. "Many people thought that since George Bush is gone, all of our problems are gone, too. Well, he (Obama) is still sending troops to Afghanistan. He didn't fulfill his promises in Iraq. We still have the military industrial complex and the 'robber class' on Wall Street that we've given permission to to send our children to be killed in wars."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution! : If it happened how you state (with no evidence) then it was childish and they should be more professional but, it is hardly the same thing as holding a vote and not counting the vote or even having enough people present for a vote and then telling the objectors "too bad I decide what's fair". Is it really all about who did it first with you?

sk8ter, in fairness this happens 100 times a session. It is called voice vote and the outcome is pre-determined. It also protects the members from having to "go on the record".

Not sure if this is what the Murtha things was but it does happen where they don't count the votes after a vote.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]I was quite well aware of who I was addressing. You are the one who asked; aren't you? The House vote after the hearing in question, on reauthorization of the so called "Patriot Act", was 251-174. Hardly what most would consider "an a55-whooping landslide", and that margin was only possible because the Republicans cheated, by closing down the hearing to keep the other side from being heard. Your feeble attempt to change the context of my post to your advantage is just another of the many right-wing tactics I'm all too familiar with. But if you would rather abandon this conversation now that I've neutralized your strategy, that's fine by me, because; That was the sound of a b!tch slap being administered...

If the vote was 251-174 then they only closed the hearing AFTER the votes were counted right? That is 425 of the 435 reps that cast votes. That is an average number of total votes cast since many reps don't bother to show up for votes unless there will be face time. Sounds like they stopped the droning on AFTER the vote which would have had no affect on the vote.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution! : sk8ter, in fairness this happens 100 times a session. It is called voice vote and the outcome is pre-determined. It also protects the members from having to "go on the record". Not sure if this is what the Murtha things was but it does happen where they don't count the votes after a vote.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

It's fine for certain votes or if it's for that reason and everyone agrees but, Murtha was challenged and the objections were clear and his respojnse was "I decide" which is 1. untrue, the constitution is the deciding factor backed by congressional rules. 2. he is obviously drunk with power and bullying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Murtha has no respect for democratic values or our constitution! : It's fine for certain votes or if it's for that reason and everyone agrees but, Murtha was challenged and the objections were clear and his respojnse was "I decide" which is 1. untrue, the constitution is the deciding factor backed by congressional rules. 2. he is obviously drunk with power and bullying.

OK. Can't argue with either point!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

2. he is obviously drunk with power and bullying.
    ----------------

Or, you could just drop the last 4 words

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

[QUOTE]If the vote was 251-174 then they only closed the hearing AFTER the votes were counted right? That is 425 of the 435 reps that cast votes. That is an average number of total votes cast since many reps don't bother to show up for votes unless there will be face time. Sounds like they stopped the droning on AFTER the vote which would have had no affect on the vote.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Umm...no. The hearing in question was in June 2005, in anticipation of the votes for re-authorization, which took place in July 2005 and February 2006. The Republicans ended the hearing which consisted of witnesses who had been previously scheduled, for which timetables for questioning had been established, and so forth. But they didn't like what they were hearing, so they took their ball and went home.

The only reason I even brought up the later vote totals was in response to Dexter's feeble attempt at discrediting the debate by citing the vote in the Senate 4 years earlier than the timeframe in question, while the example I cited involved a hearing in the House, preceding a much closer vote.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]Umm...no. The hearing in question was in June 2005, in anticipation of the votes for re-authorization, which took place in July 2005 and February 2006. The Republicans ended the hearing which consisted of witnesses who had been previously scheduled, for which timetables for questioning had been established, and so forth. But they didn't like what they were hearing, so they took their ball and went home. The only reason I even brought up the later vote totals was in response to Dexter's feeble attempt at discrediting the debate by citing the vote in the Senate 4 years earlier than the timeframe in question, while the example I cited involved a hearing in the House, preceding a much closer vote.

Looks to me Dexter also cited the vote for 2006 which was still a majority after 5 years of having the Patriot act in place. If, after living with the Patriot Act for 5 years, the congressmen and women needed this hearing to inform them on how they should vote then those people aren't worthy of their elected positions.
    If the vote was much closer then you'd have somewhat of an argument but the vote wasn't all that close.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]the current POTUS and SecState voted for reauthorization. too easy
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

That's got to hurt!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

That's OK t, I can take it.

The vote for reauthorization had an increase of 250% voting against it in the House, and that's even after changes were made, out of concern about past abuses. Obama and Clinton voting for it neither earned them any points in my eyes, or swayed my opinion of it. Heck, Billary might just as well switch parties as far as I'm concerned. They've always been too conservative for me. Obama is just turning out to be too much of a wimp.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

[QUOTE]Looks to me Dexter also cited the vote for 2006...
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

Actually, that was me. And that was the vote in July 2005. I couldn't find the February 2006 vote.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, maybe the next time it comes up the House will only pass it by 40 votes and you can get the Senate closer to 8 to 1 approval. Woo hoo! then again, those midterms might not work out so well for ya. Party on Garth
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a little early yet at this point, but I'd be willing to lay down some general bets along those lines. Considering my record at predictions for the last 2 elections, I figured I'd have to shark some newbies! LOL

btw, did Quest ever spend the day posting in the buff? Because, as I recall, Hillary did not turn out to be the Dem nominee.

Party on Wayne

20. This post has been removed.