James Carville: Where's the message?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Did anyone catch this? Apparently James Carville feels if the DNC is trying to convey some kind of message, they are doing a good job of hiding it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkleen2002. Show mrkleen2002's posts

Day one of the convention is always about positive, uplifting feelings. Give it some time - it will get nice and juicy starting tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I watched CNN last night from 8-11 and Carville was on with a panel of pundits. It's interesting to note that on the CNN website under Convention Coverage: Analysis that all the pundits are listed except Carville, was he censored?

Carville was upbeat and animated early in the night talking about the DNC message on gettng out of Iraq, the economy and energy policy. Half way through while ex GOP Rep. Leach was speaking, a real sleeper he was beside himself saying the the Dem's need to get on message and start hammering the GOP. Later in the night he was disengaged from the discussing with his head hanging low, saying that the Dem's were frittering away one of the four nights.

He is one guy who doesn't think that things are going well for the DNC. Now tonight it's about Hillary, Obama is losing traction at his own convention, very interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

I hope Mr Obama can find the convention.

Obama from a home in Kansas City: I'm 'here in St. Louis'
    By Chad Livengood • clivengood@news-leader.com
    • August 25, 2008
    >
    function NewWindow(height,width,url)
    {window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width);
    }

type="text/javascript">
    gsl.recommendCountHrefEnabled='true';

>
    function NewWindow(height,width,url)
    {
    window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width);
    }
    function snl_click(social_utility)
    {
    u=location.href;
    t=document.title;

if(social_utility == "facebook")
    {
    window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&t='+encodeURIComponent(t),'sharer','toolbar=0,status=0,width=626,height=436');
    }
    if(social_utility == "digg")
    {
    window.open('http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(t));
    }

if(social_utility == "delicious")
    {
    window.open('http://del.icio.us/post?v=2&url='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(t));
    }

if(social_utility == "reddit")
    {
    window.open('http://reddit.com/submit?url='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(t));
    }

if(social_utility == "newsvine")
    {
    window.open('http://www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed&save?u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&T='+encodeURIComponent(t));
    }
    return false; 

DENVER — Last week, Republican John McCain didn't know how many homes he owns.
    Tonight, Democrat Barack Obama didn't know what town he was in.
    In a live satellite speech tonight to the Democratic National
    Convention in Denver from a home in Kansas City, Obama said: "I'm here
    with the Girardo family here in St. Louis."

Then came a graphic across the television screen that said Obama was in Kansas City, Mo.
    Then 7-year-old Sasha Obama asked: "Daddy, what city are you in?"
    "I'm in Kansas City, sweetie," Obama said, correcting his earlier geographic reference.
    Obama was at the home in Kansas City tonight to watch his wife Michelle's keynote address, according to his campaign.
    Obama is hosting a town hall meeting on Tuesday at the American Airlines facility in Kansas City

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[Quote]I watched CNN last night from 8-11 and Carville was on with a panel of pundits. It's interesting to note that on the CNN website under Convention Coverage: Analysis that all the pundits are listed except Carville, was he censored?

Carville was upbeat and animated early in the night talking about the DNC message on gettng out of Iraq, the economy and energy policy. Half way through while ex GOP Rep. Leach was speaking, a real sleeper he was beside himself saying the the Dem's need to get on message and start hammering the GOP. Later in the night he was disengaged from the discussing with his head hanging low, saying that the Dem's were frittering away one of the four nights.

He is one guy who doesn't think that things are going well for the DNC. Now tonight it's about Hillary, Obama is losing traction at his own convention, very interesting.
    [/Quote]

He certainly has enough credibility, where if he says something like that, people are going to take notice. I know I did. Hillary really needs to come up big tonight, although it is kind of hard to un-ring a bell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Night 2, DNC convention starts to hit its stride. Warner was good, but boring. Patrick had a message but networks didn't cover it. Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer was on fire and CNN got most of it. Clinton delivered and Carville was a happy camper.