Jeb Bush: I won't rule out 2016 White House run 'but I won't declare today'

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Jeb Bush: I won't rule out 2016 White House run 'but I won't declare today'

Bush v Clinton in 2016?

Hopefully voters want some new ideas and new names, not retreads...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey Jeb, I have a voice too.

My voice says this:

Are you out of your mind?

I want to share my beliefs, too.

My belief is that anyone who even thinks about voting for a memeber of the Bush family should be declared legally insane.

The Republican party has lost it's way....well, that I can almost agree with, except what "way" are you talking about? The way to fool most of the people most of the time? ...or the "WAY" to fix elections so that it looks like you won?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Why not?  Keep the trend going...

...five consecutive gop administrations with a Bush in them.

The repubs wanted their own version of american royalty.  They got it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The biggest question about Mr. Bush:  Will his viability outlast Poppy's?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Ooooh deary.  Libbies are scared

Not as scared as some on the far right at the prospect of nominating another "moderate".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

Right back at ya ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4

I'm rubber ... you're glue !

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Ooooh deary.  Libbies are scared

Not as scared as some on the far right at the prospect of nominating another "moderate".

You got me there.  The republicans always put up these lame moderates that lose. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Funny you say that because there are some wingnuts in NH who believe there is a shadow amendment to the Constitution. Ya can't make up stuff this stupid"

If I recall NH has 400 members in its House, some are quite the characters..

But interestingly, there is a "ghost" amendment to the US Constitution, which also would have been the 13th Amendment.

Google the "Corwin Amendment". In theory, can still be ratified...bonus for Airborne: some wingnut in Texas in 1963 raised the issue of ratifying it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd like to see the opposite of 2012 in 2016 - where the field is loaded with moderate conservatives like Rubio, Christie, Bush, Jindal, Daniels, etc.  They split the blue state republican votes, and then there's one Bachman / Palin who gets all the redneck votes, and eventually the nomination.

That would be fun.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

Jeb Bush trying to lock down the nativist vote for 2016.

Trouble Brewing? Jeb Bush Backs Off Past Support For Path To Citizenship

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said on Monday that his immigration plan will not include a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, backing off his previous support for a policy that pro-reform activists consider a centerpiece of comprehensive reform.

“Our proposal is a proposal that looks forward,” Bush said, “and if we want to create an immigration policy that’s going to work we can’t continue to make illegal immigration an easier path than legal immigration. I think it’s important that there is a natural friction between our immigrant heritage and the rule of law. This is the right place, I think, to be in that sense.”

His latest statement appears to be a shift from as recently as last year, when he told Charlie Rose in a  June 2012 interview that he backed a path to citizenship, but would tolerate a lesser legal status for undocumented immigrants if necessary.

“You have to deal with this issue. You can’t ignore it,” Bush said at the time. “And so, either a path to citizenship, which I would support and that does put me probably out of the mainstream of most conservatives; Or a path to legalization, a path to residency of some kind, which now hopefully will become — I would accept that in a heartbeat as well if that’s the path to get us to where we need to be which is on a positive basis using immigration to create sustained growth.”

Bush’s co-author, Goldwater Institute director Clint Bolick, is also on the record backing a path to citizenship, writing in 2007 that such a policy was a critical prerequisite to bringing Latino voters to the GOP.

For years, the former Florida governor has been a vocal advocate for immigration reform, even while his party shifted rightward, culminating in Mitt Romney’s uber-hawkish “self-deportation” position in the 2012 presidential campaign. But Bush’s latest comments suggest that as party leaders begin to ease to the left, they may overtake his position along the way.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/trouble-brewing-jeb-bush-backs-off-past-support-for-path-to-citizenship.php

Hardly nativist; the view respects the law and the economic benefit of immigrants to the country.  I listened to his interview along with Bolick on NPR this morning.

Jeb Bush would be a great 2016 candidate, his only problem is the Bush name which will just garner a lot of negative press from the whining left, we'll get endless stories how Jeb stole the election for W.

Jeb Bush is a social moderate who embraces the conservative fiscal roots of the party, self reliance and a smaller Federal government.  His view on immigration should be the mainstream position.  Legal status for those already here so they can come out of the shadows; but no direct tie to an easy path to citizenship or a reward for illegal activity.  Under a legal working status these "legals" could then start the legal immigration process from their home of origin, but at the end of the line.

This recognizes the economics and value for immigrant workers.  The immigration policy should be adjusted to favor skills sets are needed for the country and social/family sponsorhips should be limited to immediate family husband/wife children; not extended to siblings and parents.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Why not?  Keep the trend going...

...five consecutive gop administrations with a Bush in them.

The repubs wanted their own version of american royalty.  They got it.

They have a long way to go before they catch up with the political silver spoon Kennedy clan.  Although the Clinton's are trying to make a run for it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I thought he already ran, oh wait, that was Romney.