Joe Biden gaffe number 9,534 in a series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Joe Biden gaffe number 9,534 in a series

It should only be a headline if Clueless Joe ever gets through a speech without embarassing himself...

Vice President Joe Biden spoke Tuesday at the U.S.-Africa Business Forum, during a week where political and business leaders from 51 separate African nations were gathered in Washington.

Biden seemed to think the continent of Africa was itself a country; he actually referred to it twice as a nation.

“There is no reason the nation of Africa cannot, and should not, join the ranks of the worlds most prosperous nations,” Biden said....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Joe Biden gaffe number 9,534 in a series

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It should only be a headline if Clueless Joe ever gets through a speech without embarassing himself...

Vice President Joe Biden spoke Tuesday at the U.S.-Africa Business Forum, during a week where political and business leaders from 51 separate African nations were gathered in Washington.

Biden seemed to think the continent of Africa was itself a country; he actually referred to it twice as a nation.

“There is no reason the nation of Africa cannot, and should not, join the ranks of the worlds most prosperous nations,” Biden said....

[/QUOTE]

He speaks, he gaffes and just one beat away

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The Villages...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ

Good to know this man is a heartbeat away.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's a gaff because Biden said "nation of Africa" instead of "nations of Africa"????  Here's a real gaff by a VP - "There is no doubt that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction" or "potatoe" (an oldie but a goodie).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

He has an extensive track record DWL

Including this one (if you consider this sort of this a "gaffe")

“Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”

--

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I love Joe Biden...gaffes and all.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love Joe Biden...gaffes and all.

[/QUOTE]

And you have every right to do so. I'm sure there were people who loved Dan Quayle too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

I'll take a gaffer over a liar any day of the week.

And in my opinion, Joe Biden has the greatest political quote of all time:   "Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'll take a gaffer over a liar any day of the week

So you'd take Biden over President Obama?

"Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value"

Show me what you personally contribute to with your own money and I'll tell you what you value.

--

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a gaff because Biden said "nation of Africa" instead of "nations of Africa"????  Here's a real gaff by a VP - "There is no doubt that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction" or "potatoe" (an oldie but a goodie).

[/QUOTE]

Here's a real gaff by a VP - "There is no doubt that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction"

Ah...you seem to have forgotten a few others who said the same thing

Pelosi

Albright

Gore

Kennedy

Kerry

Clinton

Well....you get the idea ; )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value"

Show me what you personally contribute to with your own money and I'll tell you what you value.

[/QUOTE]

Nearly every penny I earn goes toward supporting my family......Now feel free to judge me.

But the quote isn't about individuals like me, its about politicians whose proposals and voting record doesn't match their rhetoric.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Nearly every penny I earn goes toward supporting my family......Now feel free to judge me.

You feel like it's important to support your family. I'm alright with that.

its about politicians whose proposals and voting record doesn't match their rhetoric.

Yeah, no kidding.

--

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take a gaffer over a liar any day of the week

So you'd take Biden over President Obama?

--

[/QUOTE]

SB... I would take Biden over Obama in a New York minute. The only reason Obama got my vote ( the first time around) was because he picked Biden as his VP. Obama was certainly NOT my choice for the democratic nominee...and I could not live with John McCain's views on health care.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Joe Biden's honesty is refreshing sometimes. He admitted that the Obama economic policy was authored by a Wall Street billionaire crook, whom they trusted ....explains a lot, doesnt it?

Biden, 2009:

"I literally picked up the phone and called Jon Corzine and said Jon, what do you think we should do," Biden said. "The reason we called Jon is that we knew that he knew about the economy, about world markets, how we had to respond, unlike almost anyone we knew. It was because he had been in the pit -- because he had been in the furnace. And we trusted his judgment."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

My favorite Biden gaffe is when he asks a man he's honoring to stand up, only to discover he's in a wheel chair.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ah, Dan Quayle. The gift that just still keeps on giving.

Politicians are always fair game, but he made too darn easy. 

He railed against a fictional female television character who was having a baby. The story ends up, among other places, on the front page, upper fold, of the NYTimes. 

Among other things, somebody should have told him he was no match for comedy writers.

Sections
Shortcuts