4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Joe Biden Meeting With Video Game Industry On Guns

I hate to say something that might give the liberals any ideas, but why don't we simply apply the same gun rules to games that we apply to society?

You use an illegal gun, clip or weapon in a game, you go to jail.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

WASHINGTON — Looking for broader remedies to gun violence, Vice President Joe Biden is reaching out to the video game industry for ideas as the White House seeks to assemble proposals in response to last month's massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.

Biden is scheduled to meet with video game representatives Friday as the White House explores cultural factors that may contribute to violent behavior.

The vice president, who is leading a task force that will present recommendations to President Barack Obama on Tuesday, met with other representatives from the entertainment industry, including Comcast Corp. and the Motion Picture Association of America, on Thursday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/joe-biden-video-games_n_2454915.html

But, but, wait....I thought video games and violence in tv and movies had nothing to do with mass shootings??? I know that's what many resident libs have stated on BDC. 

[/QUOTE]

You should look for what Biden says, he is the one heading the task force.  Besides, there are plenty of right wing conservative republicans who will use the same agrument to stop stricter gun laws.  My favorite is: " guns don't kill, people do". People with guns kill people.

[/QUOTE]

And people with knives, bats, hammers, etc kill people also. I'm seeing a common denominator here...as in people.

[/QUOTE]

Yea but people cannot kill with the above mentioned items from across the street.  You cannot propel a magazine full of knives, bats or hammers.  No one is saying that guns should be taken away from responsible people.  Tougher back ground checks need to be done, loopholes at gun shows need to be eliminated.  If you think this is taking away your rights, then you are a clown.

[/QUOTE]

Did I say it was taking away my rights? The answer would be NO.

I don't even own any guns. 

What is "tougher background checks"? That sounds like political speak. Here is what the FBI shows in regards to background checks for all gun purchases through a licensed dealer

The following categories of individuals are deemed ineligible to purchase weapons:

• Convicted felons
    • People convicted of domestic assault or abuse
    • Dishonorably discharged veterans from the military
    • Illegal immigrants
    • People under indictment for felony charges
    • The mentally ill or insane
    • People with outstanding misdemeanor or felony warrants

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much your tone is that you don't want anyone messing with gun rights.  Assault rifles in the wrong hands caused mulitple deaths, as we have recently seen.

[/QUOTE]

More hammers kill people than "assault" rifles, whatever those are.

I expect you to be the first to call for a ban on "assault" hammers, whatever those are.  Come on.  Rush down to the nearest Home Depot RIGHT NOW.  Hang out in front with a sign that says"

"END THE SENSLESS HAMMER VIOLENCE"

Your platform should be a mandatory background check and mandatory waiting list for hammers.  Also, carpenters need to be required to check their hammers in at the union hall, lest they or someone they know roam around at night and get hammered.

Roofing hammers ought to be outlawed completely.  First, because they look menacing, second we know how violence prone roofers are.

Oh, BTW:  Is Lizzie Warren committing a hate crime becasue she is always saying we are getting "hammered"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought video games and violence in tv and movies had nothing to do with mass shootings??? I know that's what many resident libs have stated on BDC.

If you already know what "many resident libs" have stated on this subject, then what are you confused about?

[/QUOTE]

I think the confusion comes form trying to figure out the logic liberals are using to promote gun control, as it doesn't make sense, yet we still are trying to understand, being bitter bible/gun clingers.

You see, for liberals, it is not really about gun control.  In reality, I imagine they could care less. It about be pompous and looking down their nose at the little people, you know, the one's trying to protect their families who don't get to live in swell places like you.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think we should all join togoether and do whatever it takes to protect the profit margins on the gun industry.  With the war in Iraq over, the war in Afghanistan winding down, increased use of drones to fight the war on terror, and cuts in defense industry looming on the horizon, the Gun manufacturers are starting to feel the squeeze on revenues.

So lets join the NRA (the moutpiece of the Gun Industry) and help spread fear that Obama is going to ban ALL FIREARMS in an effort to increase gun sales.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts