Joe Biden Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Joe Biden Thread

I count 6 threads with Palin's name in the title. I just felt it necessary to give Biden at least 1...should he change his name to "The other VP Candidate"? I never seen such one sided discussion over a VP in all my years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from capps. Show capps's posts

Joe Biden Thread

Joe who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Joe Biden Thread

I like the way he still uses the declarative, "Man", even when giving stump speeches or interviews to people like Tom Brokaw.

"I mean, this is what politics in Washington has come to. Look, man...."

Surely that's one of the reasons Obama chose him as running mate. I'm still waiting for him to accidentally use the f-word on camera. Maybe at the debate...I can dream.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Joe Biden Thread

Joe is wishing he wasn't the pick at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

Joe Biden Thread

I don't think the election is going to be a landslide for either party but we voters allow this foolishness to take center stage. It really shouldn't matter whether or not you hunt, write books about yourself, have family members that make mistakes or any of these other non-issues taking center stage. What really matters is the degree of honesty, overall good judgement and firm belief in this country's hard won system of government, economics and lifestyle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]Joe is wishing he wasn't the pick at this point.[/Quote]

Care to qualify that statement? He didn't seem very regretful on Sunday.

Maybe we should ask the GOP VP pick what she thinks. Ooops!! We can't, because the McCain campaign won't allow it. Typical GOP wimps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

Joe Biden Thread

I think he should put on a pantsuit, change his name to Hillary, and have some testicles implanted.

Either that, or step aside and let Hillary take the VP slot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Joe Biden Thread

Palin has been the "new" voice, so Biden hasn't raised any eyebrows. Did hear though that Biden's son is also being deployed to Iraq? Not that you'd hear it from him. But Mrs. "Leave my kids out of it" Palin takes every opportunity to remind us of her son's upcoming deployment.

Perhaps he's just biden' his time?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from funkmeister. Show funkmeister's posts

Joe Biden Thread

BIDEN HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THEN MCCAIN!!!!! NOT TO MENTION.......he has a REAL education!!! Not the military brainwashed education...Be afraid Righties, at least the left has a VP that is allowed to talk....oh, and by the way OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN, and be prepared to see Palin look really frieken stupid during the debate....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]Sounds like she love her son.

Why does Joe hide his hero son?[/Quote]

Just like McCain hides his...??

And newsflash: not all soldiers are heroes...nor are all police officers...firefighters...mothers...fathers...doctors, etc. Most are just average.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Joe Biden Thread

bump

FOR JOE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwp320. Show dwp320's posts

Joe Biden Thread

Is he the one who said that Hillary should have been chosen over him? That guy? Is he the same one who said Obama wasn't qualified about a year ago? I think I've heard of him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from grampy18. Show grampy18's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]BIDEN HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THEN MCCAIN!!!!! NOT TO MENTION.......he has a REAL education!!! Not the military brainwashed education...Be afraid Righties, at least the left has a VP that is allowed to talk....oh, and by the way OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN, and be prepared to see Palin look really frieken stupid during the debate....[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from grampy18. Show grampy18's posts

Joe Biden Thread

5x4 , You forgot to mention that Biden has mor experience than Obama.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]

Care to qualify that statement? He didn't seem very regretful on Sunday.

Maybe we should ask the GOP VP pick what she thinks. Ooops!! We can't, because the McCain campaign won't allow it. Typical GOP wimps.[/Quote]

Matty,

I think you stepped into on this one. Yesterday during a quick stop in Nashua, NH Biden stated that he may not have been the best choice and Hillary by some accounts would have been a better choice for VP. Now I like Joe and he does make me feel safer in the event of a 3:00 AM phone call, but he does highlight the fact that the DNC ticket is upside down, its not his fault that he is more qualified to be POTUS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]Palin has been the "new" voice, so Biden hasn't raised any eyebrows. Did hear though that Biden's son is also being deployed to Iraq? Not that you'd hear it from him. But Mrs. "Leave my kids out of it" Palin takes every opportunity to remind us of her son's upcoming deployment.

Perhaps he's just biden' his time?[/Quote]

Biden very clearly talked about his son being deployed and the DNC. His son Beau Biden Delaware's AG, is a reservist Major and is being deployed, Beau introduced Joe to the convention and apoligized for not being able to campaign for Dad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Joe Biden Thread

People in general are more familiar with Joe Biden, if not his DC accomplishments,then at the very least, his name. The many discussions of Sarah Palin are based on her being a complete unknown, thrust into the spotlight as the nomination for second in command of a presidential election. I don't see it going away any time soon and especially once the debates begin. If McCain's pick was Romney or another known MALE politician, there would not be all these discussions

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skier7303. Show skier7303's posts

Joe Biden Thread

Why would we hear about Joe Biden?

All Biden does is hit the campaign trail everyday and talk about real issues facing Americans.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that neither the media, nor the electorate care much for that anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]he's been doing the same thing since '73, the same year skylab launched by the way... don't hear much about that either i guess.[/Quote]

skylab fell out of orbit in 1978

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]why care about stuff like that when you have Sarah Palins hairdo and her unfettered power to overrule the Supreme Court?[/Quote]

i can't wait until she rewrites the bill of rights

;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]why care about stuff like that when you have Sarah Palins hairdo and her unfettered power to overrule the Supreme Court?[/Quote]

Yeah, so much for the Separation of Powers I guess. I thought I would have heard something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]Just goes to show how afraid the left is about the McCain/Palin ticket. They can't help themselves, and they don't even realize that the more negative they sound, the more voters will go with McCain/Palin. They are totally beside themselves, and they are going crazy with fear and hate, true Liberals.

McCain/Palin in a landslide, well, Bama-nation will probably carry MA, but hey, can anyone say 49-1![/Quote]

How does pointing out how unqualified Palin is make Democrats afraid of her??? The only thing I am frightened of is that there are so many Republicans who think it's more important to know how to shoot than to know anything about the important foreign and domestic policy issues.. No matter who wins this election, I think this country is headed for problems when so many people have their priorities mixed up..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tangent. Show tangent's posts

Joe Biden Thread

Biden is probably about as well known as Palin to most Americans, Biden is just more well known to the press... sure he ran for president in 1988 and 2000, but nobody really noticed either time. The only other exposure most people would have had with Biden was his televised nomination hearings on Clarence Thomas' nomination. Riveting guy, as in his hair plugs.

I don't think I have anything bad to say about him. He is a lot more personable than Obama, which is the same for Palin with McCain. Should be an interesting debate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]The right to hand jobs from cute MILFs[/Quote]

Give that man a cigar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Joe Biden Thread

[Quote]Sounds like she love her son.

Why does Joe hide his hero son?[/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts