John F Kennedy, how times have changed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: John F Kennedy, how times have changed

Chief ..... doesn't the poor deserve a lifeline too .... I'm not sure but I think you have to be pretty poor to qualify for them ..... now if somebody does qualify for one of them and they waste their free minutes on bs ... that is their fault ...... I don't want to pay for that ..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Chief ..... doesn't the poor deserve a lifeline too .... I'm not sure but I think you have to be pretty poor to qualify for them ..... now if somebody does qualify for one of them and they waste their free minutes on bs ... that is their fault ...... I don't want to pay for that ..

There are stories of people getting multiple phones and getting phones without qualifications. Here's one:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354867/me-and-my-obamaphones-jillian-kay-melchior

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

But as with any federal program with too much funding, too little oversight, and perverse financial incentives, Lifeline has become infamous for rampant fraud and abuse. There have been news reports about recipients flaunting dozens of subsidized phones. And in February, the Wall Street Journal reported on an FCC audit of the top five Lifeline providers, which found that “41% of their more than six million subscribers either couldn’t demonstrate their eligibility or didn’t respond to requests for certification.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

JFK great saying !

"Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You But What you Can Do For Your Country"

Obama  saying !

"Ask Not what you can do for your country but what can the Gov. can give to you"

When did the president make this statement?  Since you used parenthesis ( " ), I assume this was a direct quote that you cite.

Sections
Shortcuts