John Stewart to debate O'Reilly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: John Stewart to debate O'Reilly

Oh boy...that would be interesting. I have a feeling ..never mind a feeling..I'm sure that Stewart would wipe the floor with O'Reilly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Why would a serious political commenter like O'Reilly bother with a gag writer?

Jon Stewart should have learned from  his disastrous interview with Chris Wallace that he is out of his element. He is a talented gag writer and comedian, not an intellectual, despite what stoned college students might think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jon Stewart should have learned from  his disastrous interview with Chris Wallace that he is out of his element. He is a talented gag writer and comedian, not an intellectual, despite what stoned college students might think.

[/QUOTE]

O'reilly is a serious self promoter.  No one on Fox is a serious anything.  They're all in on the joke, all except for you.

O'reilly is a serious political commentator like Rick Flair was a serious wrestler.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh boy...that would be interesting. I have a feeling ..never mind a feeling..I'm sure that Stewart would wipe the floor with O'Reilly.

[/QUOTE]

Well, with all due respect, I think it will be the opposite.  Stewart comes from the world of satire, and he is pretty funny, but it is hardly a trainign ground for defending your ideas, it is in fact a liberal bubble.  O'Reilly has been tackling the hard issues for years, constantly debating people with whon he disagrees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

O'reilly is a serious self promoter.  No one on Fox is a serious anything.  They're all in on the joke, all except for you.

O'reilly is a serious political commentator like Rick Flair was a serious wrestler.

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  Keep telling youself that, after all three million viewers a night can be wrong.  We know that you and Angry lock in on MSNBC every night, making up half the viewership.

TRUTH TO POWER!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, with all due respect, I think it will be the opposite.  Stewart comes from the world of satire, and he is pretty funny, but it is hardly a trainign ground for defending your ideas, it is in fact a liberal bubble.  O'Reilly has been tackling the hard issues for years, constantly debating people with whon he disagrees.

[/QUOTE]

I think you would be surprised. Indeed Stewart comes from the world of satire...but if you've ever heard speak him "off camera" you would know he has an absolutely brilliant mind..

O'Reilly..although the cream of the FauxNews crop...still has a rather closed mind..and thinks the only way he can get his point across is by yelling.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[/QUOTE]

That's ok because Stewart isn't a serious political commentator either so it works out perfectly. 

I will say Stewart is going to eat O'Reilly for lunch. Oh...let me guess....you thought I would defend O'Reilly didn't you? Oopsie!

[/QUOTE]

No..Stewart never pretends to be a serious political commentator...he is a brilliant satirist and I'd like him to continue. The problem seems to be that he is so good as what he does that there is a certain cohorty that takes him seriously.

Actually..Pink..I am not the least bit surprised that you think Stewart would wipe the floor with O'Reilly. I've never gotten the sense that you are really a Foxnews person ( I could be wrong)..but even though you and I occasionally disagree..I think you are a fair minded person.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I read that this is a PPV for $4.95 and that's $5 more than I'd pay.  I agree with Pink, Stewart will wipe the floor with O'Reilly.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It really depends on whether it's for laughs or for real.  if it's for real, Stewart will do really well.  Stewart has too much respect for O'Reilly to destroy him like he did to the CNN bozos a few years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you would be surprised. Indeed Stewart comes from the world of satire...but if you've ever heard speak him "off camera" you would know he has an absolutely brilliant mind..

O'Reilly..although the cream of the FauxNews crop...still has a rather closed mind..and thinks the only way he can get his point across is by yelling.

[/QUOTE]

Both Stewart and O'Reilly are brilliant.  I think where the difference comes in is not ideology, by exposure.  Stewart stays in the bubble, talks primarily to those who agree. O'Reilly, and I know you hate him, constantly subjects himself to competing opinions.  I think that makes O'Reilly the favorite, content aside.  He is prepared.

Now, to content:    I expect Stewart to arm himself with the Obama story line. I expect O'Reilly  to arm himself with how the people are impacted.  I don't expect O'Reilly to come at him with the Romney story line.  I think that will put O'Reilly in the power seat.  I suspect the left thinks O'Reilly will follow the conservative/Romney/Republican line.  He won't.  If you wathc him regualrly, you will see that isn't his approach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

serious political commenter like O'Reilly

A serious political commenter? He repeats Fox News talking points, proclaims everyone who disagrees a "pinhead," and declares Mission Accomplished.

He manages to be even less credible than a f**king comedian - passed his prime, for that matter.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, is it Chris Mathews or Ed Shultz you are quoting?  I really wan to know.

I know it's not that nice guy Rachel Maddow.  He's too high-brow for that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Should be a more interesting affair than the Beck-Spitzer debate a few days earlier....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A serious political commenter? He repeats Fox News talking points, proclaims everyone who disagrees a "pinhead," and declares Mission Accomplished.

He manages to be even less credible than a f**king comedian - passed his prime, for that matter.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still haven't figured out the difference between a guy and gal? No wonder homosexualty makes you feel uncomfortable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still haven't figured out the difference between a guy and gal? No wonder homosexualty makes you feel uncomfortable.

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BillO'Reilly and Jon Stewart have agreed to face off in a made-for-Internet 90-minute debate next month.

''The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium'' will be offered for $4.95 as a live streaming event or download. Debate will be held at George Washington U.'s Lisner Auditorium. Half of the net profits will be donated to ''a number of charitable causes,'' according to the news release announcing theevent.

and the other half?

Afraid I'll miss it.  Oh well

[/QUOTE]

O'reilly is likely giving his half to the wounded warrior project. Stewart will give his half to Obama.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

and the other half

Uh. That goes to the people doing the work, and the people providing a forum. You know, how business works?

[/QUOTE]

The quote referred to.

Half of the net profits will be donated to............

The folks providing and working on the forum get paid from gross receiepts, so it looks like O'Reilly and Stewart have a chance to make a good profit for 90 minutes of work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and the other half

Uh. That goes to the people doing the work, and the people providing a forum. You know, how business works?

[/QUOTE]

The quote referred to.

Half of the net profits will be donated to............

The folks providing and working on the forum get paid from gross receiepts, so it looks like O'Reilly and Stewart have a chance to make a good profit for 90 minutes of work.

[/QUOTE]

O'reilly may have misspoke, but he said half of the profits would go to charity, not half the gross.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The liberal intellectual leader vs a nitwit Fox talking head. Sounds like a fair fight to me!

25. This post has been removed.