Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

July 27, 1953

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

July 27, 1953

60 years ago today The Korean War ended .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: July 27, 1953

I think I saw that on M.A.S.H.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

A cessation of hostilities. Technically the war never ended.

--

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I myself can't thank them enough for their service and sacrifices

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

Uncle Jack got his 3rd Purple Heart, 10, 11 and 12th Bronze Stars and second Silver over there.  He said his 4 years in Europe was a vacation compared to Korea

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to GregStillinMeffa's comment:

Uncle Jack got his 3rd Purple Heart, 10, 11 and 12th Bronze Stars and second Silver over there.  He said his 4 years in Europe was a vacation compared to Korea

Wow...thanks for sharing Greg. I wish this site had a "like" or "favorite" button. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I think I saw that on M.A.S.H.

--

I loved...loved..that show. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GregStillinMeffa's comment:

Hat's off to your Uncle Jack ....

Sections
Shortcuts