Juror Who Found Zimmerman Innocent Cashing in With Book Deal, Called Martin "A Boy of Color"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Juror Who Found Zimmerman Innocent Cashing in With Book Deal, Called Martin "A Boy of Color"

One of the jurors who found George Zimmerman was not guilty on charges of manslaughter

is now trying to cash in on her experience. Media Bistro reports that Juror B37 and her husband (who

is an attorney) has signed with a literary agent. The intent is to write a book on the Zimmerman case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Juror Who Found Zimmerman Innocent Cashing in With Book Deal, Called Martin

So what? Does that alter the facts of the case? No. 

There was a time 25 years ago when HR people at the Fortune 500 company I worked for referred to "persons of color" and "non-persons of color".

Now someone says "boy of color" and you are complaining ? After the last 6 months when TM supporters were trying to portray him as a boy themselves???

I guess some facts got in the way and you are sllnging some more B.S.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

The juror's literary agent, last name Martin (no relation) said the following:

“It could open a whole new dialogue about laws that may need to be revised and revamped to suit a 21st century way of life. The reader will also learn why the jurors had no option but to find Zimmerman Not Guilty due to the manner in which he was charged and the content of the jury instructions.”

It is currently unknown whether or if the the juror and her husband will give any interviews to the media or reveal their identities. All of the jurors, who were women, have r emained anonymous.

But some details are known about Juror B37, as Gawker’s Hamilton Nolan notes.A video of lawyers questioning the juror reveals that she is a mother of two who owns a lot of animals.

But more importantly, the juror hates the media, and thought there were “riots” in Sanford, Florida after Trayvon Martin was killed. There were no such riots.

Juror B37 referred to Martin’s killing as “an unfortunate incident that happened.” She also described Martin as “a boy of color.”

This is one of the six people the Martin family looked to for justice in the killing of their 19 year old son.

A woman who believed there were riots in Sanford county when there were none. A woman who described the killing of their son as an "unfortunate incident". And a woman who referred to their son as a "boy of color". And though she HATES the medis she is the first...ans maybe the last...juror to step forward and cash in with a book deal. Gee, I would love to have her on a jury if a loved one of mine was killed.                                       

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

The facts of the case remain unaltered, your wishes that they were different are imaterial.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

The facts of the case remain unaltered, your wishes that they were different are imaterial.

Hansori,

The "triers of fact" are the jury. These are the only facts that legally matter.

I am just highlighting one of those six members of that jury (17%) who were chosen to determine what the legal facts were in the criminal trial.

This verdict will remain unaltered since the prosecution does not have the right to appeal in the U.S.

Btw, I have never stated what I felt the verdict should have been.

Sections
Shortcuts