Justice is Blind????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Justice is Blind????

http://www.upworthy.com/justice-is-blind-i-seriously-doubt-this-14-year-olds-mom-who-caught-this-on-a-cell-phone-agrees?c=ufb1

What do you think?

Was justice blind in the case of this 14 year black teenager who is set to go to trial later this month?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Justice is Blind????

What the hell? They arrested a kid for having an attitude, are you kidding me? Jobs need to be lost in that police department and I'd start with the apologist for the officers in the video.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I agree, if that is the case.  I wonder if we are hearing the whole story, or an edited version.  Just wondering, not insinuating anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I agree, if that is the case.  I wonder if we are hearing the whole story, or an edited version.  Just wondering, not insinuating anything.

skeeter,

I understand given Zimmerman/Martin, etc. Good question deserves a non-judgmental response.

But in this "incident" I truly think thank goodness for the cellphone video as well as the statements from their own mouths that to me just digs their hole deeper.

If they had anything at all, IMO I think they would have it in the public domain by now. 

I cannot imagine myself at 14 being treated that way by my local police with my mother looking on. But then again, I was a white girl, in a very white suburb from a so-called "nice" family. 

Even if so inclined, police do not grab, etc., 14 year kids like that. Hence the title, "Justice is Blind???".

End result. End result should be criminal case thrown out. Officers thrown off the force. Judge referred to appropriate committee.  Civil suit(s) against all concerned. Not just for what happened here but to serve notice to the authorities there that this conduct will not fly in future as well as to show public how to stand up for your rights in that jurisdiction...and your children's rights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

WHen I see this kind of police behavior, I wonder why there is so much noise about the NSA and the Patriot Act, etc. Not that there shouldn't be noise about that, but this is blatant abuse of power by police. They make stuff up, they lie. WHo cares if they get your phone call metadata if you are going to get your butt kicked like this by the cops.

Cops: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

skeeter,

I understand given Zimmerman/Martin, etc. Good question deserves a non-judgmental response.

But in this "incident" I truly think thank goodness for the cellphone video as well as the statements from their own mouths that to me just digs their hole deeper.

If they had anything at all, IMO I think they would have it in the public domain by now. 

I cannot imagine myself at 14 being treated that way by my local police with my mother looking on. But then again, I was a white girl, in a very white suburb from a so-called "nice" family. 

Even if so inclined, police do not grab, etc., 14 year kids like that. Hence the title, "Justice is Blind???".

End result. End result should be criminal case thrown out. Officers thrown off the force. Judge referred to appropriate committee.  Civil suit(s) against all concerned. Not just for what happened here but to serve notice to the authorities there that this conduct will not fly in future as well as to show public how to stand up for your rights in that jurisdiction...and your children's rights.

I googled this incident, and found on other sites they report he was gesturing and pumping his fists at the cops. Not saying that warrants the takedown or the charges, but it is possible he wasn't just standing there.

Here's another 14 year old arrested. Crime? Wearing a politically incorrect t shirt. Are your knickers all in a twist over this arrest as well?

http://news.yahoo.com/14-old-kid-arrested-over-pro-nra-shirt-071819724.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

I googled this incident, and found on other sites they report he was gesturing and pumping his fists at the cops. Not saying that warrants the takedown or the charges, but it is possible he wasn't just standing there.

Here's another 14 year old arrested. Crime? Wearing a politically incorrect t shirt. Are your knickers all in a twist over this arrest as well?

skeeter,

Here is the incident you cited, as reported by the Daily Caller.

The Daily Caller  June 18, 2013

The West Virginia eighth-grader who was suspended and arrested in late April after he refused to remove a t-shirt supporting the National Rifle Association appeared in court this week and was formally charged with obstructing an officer.

As CBS affiliate WTRF reports, 14-year-old Jared Marcum now faces a $500 fine and a maximum of one year in prison.

The boy’s father, Allen Lardieri, is not pleased.

“Me, I’m more of a fighter and so is Jared and eventually we’re going to get through this,” Lardieri told WTRF.  “I don’t think it should have ever gotten this far.”

“Every aspect of this is just totally wrong,” Lardieri added.  “He has no background of anything criminal up until now and it just seems like nobody wants to admit they’re wrong.”

Officials at Logan Middle School in Logan County, West Va. maintain that Marcum, who has since completed eighth grade, was suspended for one day because he caused a disruption after a teacher asked him to remove a shirt emblazoned with a hunting rifle and the statement “protect your right.”

“She said, ‘Are you supposed to wear that in school?’” Marcum had previously explained in an interview with local station, WOWK-TV. “I said, ‘I don’t see why I shouldn’t.’”

In a move The Daily Caller can only characterize as courageous, Marcum returned to school after his suspension wearing exactly the same shirt. Students across the rural county showed their support for Marcum by wearing similar shirts on that day as well. (RELATED: Eighth-grader arrested over NRA shirt returns to school in same shirt)

There are no accounts of any additional arrests or suspensions when Marcum returned to school.

Lardieri has claimed that police in Logan City (pop. 1,779) threatened to charge Marcum with making terroristic threats during the incident that led to his arrest.

In legal documents obtained by the CBS station, the arresting officer, James Adkins, reportedly fails to inform the court about any terrorist threats or any violent action. Instead, Adkins asserts that the 14-year-old boy did not follow his orders to stop talking. This verbosity somehow prevented Adkins from performing his police duties.

“In my view of the facts, Jared didn’t do anything wrong,” Ben White, Marcum’s attorney, opined, according to WTRF.  “I think Officer Adkins could have done something differently.”

White has previously asserted that his client was exercising his free speech rights by wearing the shirt.

The school district’s policy doesn’t prohibit shirts promoting Second Amendment rights.

Logan police and the prosecuting attorney, Michael White, declined to answer questions.

First...I do not wear "knickers". Ever. Not even when playing golf or cricket.

Second, I posted this to my Twitter feed and to my FB page.

Third, IMO I do not think it rises to the level of the original incident of this post.

Fourth, kindly share the other sources that state the 14 year old youth was acting in the manner you described in your post when you have a chance. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter,

skeeter,

Here is the incident you cited, as reported by the Daily Caller.

The Daily Caller  June 18, 2013

The West Virginia eighth-grader who was suspended and arrested in late April after he refused to remove a t-shirt supporting the National Rifle Association appeared in court this week and was formally charged with obstructing an officer.

As CBS affiliate WTRF reports, 14-year-old Jared Marcum now faces a $500 fine and a maximum of one year in prison.

The boy’s father, Allen Lardieri, is not pleased.

“Me, I’m more of a fighter and so is Jared and eventually we’re going to get through this,” Lardieri told WTRF.  “I don’t think it should have ever gotten this far.”

“Every aspect of this is just totally wrong,” Lardieri added.  “He has no background of anything criminal up until now and it just seems like nobody wants to admit they’re wrong.”

Officials at Logan Middle School in Logan County, West Va. maintain that Marcum, who has since completed eighth grade, was suspended for one day because he caused a disruption after a teacher asked him to remove a shirt emblazoned with a hunting rifle and the statement “protect your right.”

“She said, ‘Are you supposed to wear that in school?’” Marcum had previously explained in an interview with local station, WOWK-TV. “I said, ‘I don’t see why I shouldn’t.’”

In a move The Daily Caller can only characterize as courageous, Marcum returned to school after his suspension wearing exactly the same shirt. Students across the rural county showed their support for Marcum by wearing similar shirts on that day as well. (RELATED: Eighth-grader arrested over NRA shirt returns to school in same shirt)

There are no accounts of any additional arrests or suspensions when Marcum returned to school.

Lardieri has claimed that police in Logan City (pop. 1,779) threatened to charge Marcum with making terroristic threats during the incident that led to his arrest.

In legal documents obtained by the CBS station, the arresting officer, James Adkins, reportedly fails to inform the court about any terrorist threats or any violent action. Instead, Adkins asserts that the 14-year-old boy did not follow his orders to stop talking. This verbosity somehow prevented Adkins from performing his police duties.

“In my view of the facts, Jared didn’t do anything wrong,” Ben White, Marcum’s attorney, opined, according to WTRF.  “I think Officer Adkins could have done something differently.”

White has previously asserted that his client was exercising his free speech rights by wearing the shirt.

The school district’s policy doesn’t prohibit shirts promoting Second Amendment rights.

Logan police and the prosecuting attorney, Michael White, declined to answer questions.

First...I do not wear "knickers". Ever. Not even when playing golf or cricket.

Second, I posted this to my Twitter feed and to my FB page.

Third, IMO I do not think it rises to the level of the original incident of this post.

Fourth, kindly share the other sources that state the 14 year old youth was acting in the manner you described in your post when you have a chance. 

Cool!

consistency is good.  And, there was no takedown involved.

i would be not only interested in behavior with this other case, but what type of dog he was playing with.

I am suspicious that we are not getting all the facts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

"I am suspicious that we are not getting all the facts."

Since he is going to to trial on the 26th, that should be a good time for all of the facts to be presented. I should think..

Sections
Shortcuts