KEITH KNIGHT ON KKK SCHOOLS

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: KEITH KNIGHT ON KKK SCHOOLS

Maybe the team name will be the Red Skins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm sure that they'll be able to find a more acceptable democrat to name the school after.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'm sure that they'll be able to find a more acceptable democrat to name the school after.

Have any suggestions, SB, before they do?

Can launch a social media campaign to do so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I suggest they rename it in honor of this fine democrat who was re-elected forever

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side… Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Maybe we should rename the schools that are named after Thomas Jefferson and George Washington too while where at it.. I mean, they did some pretty mean and racist things during their time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Jimmy Carter, his racism was whitewashed much more thoroughly than Byrd's was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

So to the contrarians, should the school NOT be renamed?  It is the local districts perogative, so why do people seemingly have a problem with it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Who's opposed to changing the name?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Name it after Obama and get it over with.

More interestingly, what will their mascot name be?

The Mediocres?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

So to the contrarians, should the school NOT be renamed?  It is the local districts perogative, so why do people seemingly have a problem with it?

No, it is an extremely poor choice for a school name, and it should be changed.  

Next question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Why wait until August?

Probably because basketball season is going on. Messy to change the team name in mid-season, I guess.

But they could wear plain white tee shirts. I wonder if there's any brothers on the team?....if not , they are probably in last place.....right?...we all know white men can't jump.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Why wait until August?

Probably because basketball season is going on. Messy to change the team name in mid-season, I guess.

But they could wear plain white tee shirts. I wonder if there's any brothers on the team?....if not , they are probably in last place.....right?...we all know white men can't jump.

are you race-baiting?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

Name it after Obama and get it over with.

More interestingly, what will their mascot name be?

The Mediocres?

How about the Messiahs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/alternet-comics-keith-knight-kkk-schools

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Someone at alternet should probably be told that the school in question is 60 percent black so their depiction of kids in kkk outfits is pretty repugnant.

Sections
Shortcuts