Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : "Pseudo-accidental death"? Really Matty? It was MURDER and he got away with it because he is a Kennedy and Democrat in Massachusetts, PERIOD! He cared as much for Mary Jo as he does for Massachusetts and the working man!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Really?  And what was the motive, Sherlock?  (That last sentence makes no sense at all.)

If the Michael Vick case has taught us anything, it's that people make mistakes and sometimes deserve a second chance, even when there's blood on their hands.

Why you would willfully confuse personal feelings toward a person you've never met is beyond me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Hey, I got a dying wish also. I want to be a MILLIONAIRE. Can someone grant me that?

I figure that since Kennedy works for me (a citizen of Massachusetts) I can ask for something also.

What a joke Ted "The Murderer" Kennedy is?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

My HC death wish is to be in Vegas with 3 nymphoos on a waterbed.

Sweet dreams my prince

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtangent. Show movingtangent's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : "Pseudo-accidental death"? Really Matty? It was MURDER and he got away with it because he is a Kennedy and Democrat in Massachusetts, PERIOD! He cared as much for Mary Jo as he does for Massachusetts and the working man!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Good to see you getting over smething that happened before most of us were born.  I bet your dad never drove intoxicated in the 60s.

But, it was not murder.  Lacked intent and malice.  Turn down the hyperbole a notch or two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

If the Michael Vick case has taught us anything, it's that people make mistakes and sometimes deserve a second chance, even when there's blood on their hands.
    ---------------------

Thats about as poor an analogy as I can think of.  Vick went to jail.  Ted went to congress

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : Good to see you getting over smething that happened before most of us were born.  I bet your dad never drove intoxicated in the 60s. But, it was not murder.  Lacked intent and malice.  Turn down the hyperbole a notch or two.
    Posted by movingtangent[/QUOTE]

Well, according to Ted there was no heavy drinking going on. Its was just a bunch of married guys with their single admins renting a cottage on Martha's Vinyard after a boat race...playing charades and having punch and cookies I guess.

I agree, definitely not murder. I think its the lying and the cover up that bothers people. In terms of punishment, in a way he has been punished more imho, although it is by his own doing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Ted Kennedy

What does Bob Barker have to do with this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtangent. Show movingtangent's posts

Lucifer Pardo is saying "come on down"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theoldhorse. Show theoldhorse's posts

You toadies will vote when the elites say so. You are presented with a Democrat slate and you re-elect us every time. That’s Democracy! It means we make the decisions for you, including whether to allow you to vote, or not to vote. For example, we presented you with the opportunity to eliminate the income tax, and you dutifully voted to keep it. There are times when we decide it is not in our best interest to vote, such as when quick action is needed to protect Democracy, when one of our life members passes on, or runs for another office, like the Presidency. Or during times of revolt, like when radicals refused to accept the Democrat vote of the Massachusetts Supreme Court. We could not allow a vote that would return us to that dreadful 227-year period of blatant marriage discrimination against homosexuals. So, we the Democracy, will decide what to do should Senator Kennedy not complete his 48 year term boldly speaking for the Peoples Democracy of Massachusetts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtangent. Show movingtangent's posts

Feel better?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

So, we the Democracy, will decide what to do should Senator Kennedy not complete his 48 year term boldly speaking for the Peoples Democracy of Massachusetts.
    -----------------------

And change the rules every time the party of the Governor changes.

Kinda the point, but nice rant

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

[QUOTE]And the people will decide. Kennedy's suggestion is that the appointee can not run in the election.
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't support the plan either unless Kennedy had NOT MADE IT CLEAR that the temporary senator actually be temporary. This person should follow on the MOST important thing that the state of MA should NEVER be without TWO senators.

The temporary senator should not run in the special election....that would be unfair.

I find this to be just more reason to jin up more BS from the RW......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : I wouldn't support the plan either unless Kennedy had NOT MADE IT CLEAR that the temporary senator actually be temporary . This person should follow on the MOST important thing that the state of MA should NEVER be without TWO senators. The temporary senator should not run in the special election....that would be unfair. I find this to be just more reason to jin up more BS from the RW......
    Posted by PS911fan[/QUOTE]

...and who will keep that person from running, you PS???  Menino who promised to stop years ago???

If uncle Teddy was sincere and really cared about following the law that HE had put into place...then he would resign as of 5 months from now and let the election process begin now.  He won't because he's a dishonest, self-serving corrupt hack.  I think Pelosi should pay him a visit and talk to him about his end of life options.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : Really?  And what was the motive, Sherlock?  (That last sentence makes no sense at all.) If the Michael Vick case has taught us anything, it's that people make mistakes and sometimes deserve a second chance, even when there's blood on their hands. Why you would willfully confuse personal feelings toward a person you've never met is beyond me.
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

The motive was to save his career! Watson!

Killing dogs and killing a woman are VERY different and it amazes me you would try to equate the two.

BTW, I have met Kennedy but because I didn't have skirt on he didn't spend much time with me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : Really?  And what was the motive, Sherlock?  (That last sentence makes no sense at all.) If the Michael Vick case has taught us anything, it's that people make mistakes and sometimes deserve a second chance, even when there's blood on their hands. Why you would willfully confuse personal feelings toward a person you've never met is beyond me.
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

Matty, the last sentence sums up Kennedy's career. He scareeewed Mary Jo then left her for dead. He has done the same to the middle class in this country.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : Good to see you getting over smething that happened before most of us were born.  I bet your dad never drove intoxicated in the 60s. But, it was not murder.  Lacked intent and malice.  Turn down the hyperbole a notch or two.

So it isn't malice to walk away KNOWING she was alive and NOT reporting it for more than 9 hours? No, no malice there... As for intent, I bet if it was fully investigated (as it should have been) saving his career would have been the motive. A pregnant secretary while married to another woman, even in Massachusetts for a Kennedy, would have been a career killer.

And NO my father never killed anyone in the 20's, 30's, 40's 50's 60's or 70's. Your point is what?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Is it fair to assume that with his passing the proposed law will not be changed?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Is it fair to assume that with his passing the proposed law will not be changed?
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

It will be passed on voice vote unanimously as a tribute to Kennedy. It will be passed before he is put in the ground "in his honor"!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Yesterday I called for Ted's resignation.  I never thought he would take me so seriously.

Let the people decide his seat.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

BTW MT and Matty - Second Degree Murder requires neither malice or intent...

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life.

I would say fair minded people could agree that leaving a person, still alive, in a car you drove off of a bridge and not getting assistance in a timely manner rises to the above description of SECOND DEGREE MURDER!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : It will be passed on voice vote unanimously as a tribute to Kennedy. It will be passed before he is put in the ground "in his honor"!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

OMG.. Has nothing to do with Ted anymore.. It's ALL about the Messiah and his drive to "redistribute".. wealth, rights, healthcare.......

Wonder if someone will challenge it in court..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : OMG.. Has nothing to do with Ted anymore.. It's ALL about the Messiah and his drive to "redistribute".. wealth, rights, healthcare....... Wonder if someone will challenge it in court..
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

As of 1:00 AM 8/26/2009 it has become ALL about Ted! They will call it the "Ted Kennedy Democratic Process for Legislative Appointment" bill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

The nation will never be the same... It will be safer

Tissue ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Truth-Serum. Show Truth-Serum's posts

I just read an account of the details of that fateful night back in July 1969. That poor girl, seeking out the last bit of air as evidenced by her face being found pressed up against the highest part of the car, while the young senator from the highly regarded pedigree was saving his own life and then concentrating on saving his own political career. Today we shouldn't remember this man as a lion, but rather, if we must, we should remember this man for the shameful and criminal actions of his that night. We should instead devote our memories and prayers to that lovely 28 year old girl that was so quickly left behind by this man and his willing accomplices throughout his life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[QUOTE]I just read an account of the details of that fateful night back in July 1969. That poor girl, seeking out the last bit of air as evidenced by her face being found pressed up against the highest part of the car, while the young senator from the highly regarded pedigree was saving his own life and then concentrating on saving his own political career. Today we shouldn't remember this man as a lion, but rather, if we must, we should remember this man for the shameful and criminal actions of his that night. We should instead devote our memories and prayers to that lovely 28 year old girl that was so quickly left behind by this man and his willing accomplices throughout his life.
    Posted by Truth-Serum[/QUOTE]

....and then in his later years, he got a dog and named him "Splash."  Nice.