Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly:
    In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : BTW MT and Matty - Second Degree Murder requires neither malice or intent... Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. I would say fair minded people could agree that leaving a person, still alive, in a car you drove off of a bridge and not getting assistance in a timely manner rises to the above description of SECOND DEGREE MURDER!
    Posted by brat13

Ouch....that'll leave a mark!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Why you would willfully confuse personal feelings toward a person you've never met is beyond me.
    Posted by Mattyhorn

Gee....I've been saying that about the Left in regards to Bush for years now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : BTW MT and Matty - Second Degree Murder requires neither malice or intent... Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. I would say fair minded people could agree that leaving a person, still alive, in a car you drove off of a bridge and not getting assistance in a timely manner rises to the above description of SECOND DEGREE MURDER!
    Posted by brat13

1.) At least alcohol was not involved.... (good one!)
    2.) Lighten up.. We're talking the "K" word here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from njbill. Show njbill's posts

If the Michael Vick case has taught us anything, it's that people make mistakes and sometimes deserve a second chance, even when there's blood on their hands.

Michael Vick actually served time for his crimes. Not Aquaman.... No way would he allow his "legacy" to be tarnished by a jail sentence so he bought his way out. Any one of us would have rotted in a jail cell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : The motive was to save his career! Watson! Killing dogs and killing a woman are VERY different and it amazes me you would try to equate the two. BTW, I have met Kennedy but because I didn't have skirt on he didn't spend much time with me.
    Posted by brat13

No, I would say both situations displayed incredibly, monumentally poor judgement.  Your point about malice aforethought is well-taken, and it goes without saying that both Kennedy and Vick benefitted from their celebrity status.  Yes, if they were ordinary schmoes, there would probably be little chance of getting them off.

But strictly in terms of second chances, I believe that Kennedy has repented for his gross error by serving the public of the commonwealth and country for 40 years since that time.  And whatever you think of his positions, and though at times he was better than others, that service cannot be taken away from him.  Not that it won't stop people from trying, but....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

No, I would say both situations displayed incredibly, monumentally poor judgement.  Your point about malice aforethought is well-taken, and it goes without saying that both Kennedy and Vick benefitted from their celebrity status.  Yes, if they were ordinary schmoes, there would probably be little chance of getting them off.
    -------------------------------

Only one of them got off.

Hello!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

BOSTON (AP) - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Wednesday he would support changing state law to allow him to appoint an interim successor to Sen. Edward Kennedy's seat while a special election is held.

The law states that NO temporary appointment can be made prior to the special election.

Why do we even have laws in the first place if Dems are just going to ignore them to fit their own political agendas instead of letting the law stand and having the people decide who will represent them???

I think it's a poor idea even in MA right now to change a law and behave in a manner that directly denies voters the opportunity to choose their own Senator.

Not smart......dems have to wake up to the fact that people are fed up with government...even in MA. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

No, I would say both situations displayed incredibly, monumentally poor judgement.  Your point about malice aforethought is well-taken, and it goes without saying that both Kennedy and Vick benefitted from their celebrity status.  Yes, if they were ordinary schmoes, there would probably be little chance of getting them off. ------------------------------- Only one of them got off. Hello!
    Posted by GreginMedford

Sure...Mike Vick went to jail for a while.  And Ted Kennedy has been excoriated throughout his life and career by haters and constituents alike.  Which is closer to hell on earth, do you think?

Ted Kennedy was a deeply flawed man, not even the most talented among his siblings and not very impressive from the start. He was rich and powerful and influential, but I wouldn't on my worst day want to walk in his shoes and experience that much loss and pain. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

BOSTON (AP) - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Wednesday he would support changing state law to allow him to appoint an interim successor to Sen. Edward Kennedy's seat while a special election is held. The law states that NO temporary appointment can be made prior to the special election. Why do we even have laws in the first place if Dems are just going to ignore them to fit their own political agendas instead of letting the law stand and having the people decide who will represent them??? I think it's a poor idea even in MA right now to change a law and behave in a manner that directly denies voters the opportunity to choose their own Senator. Not smart......dems have to wake up to the fact that people are fed up with government...even in MA. 
    Posted by macnh1

I agree.  Bad move.

I know why he's doing it, but he should have resisted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : No, I would say both situations displayed incredibly, monumentally poor judgement.  Your point about malice aforethought is well-taken, and it goes without saying that both Kennedy and Vick benefitted from their celebrity status.  Yes, if they were ordinary schmoes, there would probably be little chance of getting them off. But strictly in terms of second chances, I believe that Kennedy has repented for his gross error by serving the public of the commonwealth and country for 40 years since that time.  And whatever you think of his positions, and though at times he was better than others, that service cannot be taken away from him.  Not that it won't stop people from trying, but....
    Posted by Mattyhorn

Matty, wrong again... Vick spent more time in jail than anyone ever has for the crimes he was convicted of. Basically the proverbial book was thrown at him to make him an example. Most convicted of those crimes spend @12 months in prison.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : Sure...Mike Vick went to jail for a while.  And Ted Kennedy has been excoriated throughout his life and career by haters and constituents alike.  Which is closer to hell on earth, do you think? Ted Kennedy was a deeply flawed man, not even the most talented among his siblings and not very impressive from the start. He was rich and powerful and influential, but I wouldn't on my worst day want to walk in his shoes and experience that much loss and pain. 
    Posted by Mattyhorn

Your comparing jail with excoriation and dogs with a young girl.

You really should stop that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

BOSTON (AP) - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Wednesday he would support changing state law to allow him to appoint an interim successor to Sen. Edward Kennedy's seat while a special election is held. The law states that NO temporary appointment can be made prior to the special election. Why do we even have laws in the first place if Dems are just going to ignore them to fit their own political agendas instead of letting the law stand and having the people decide who will represent them??? I think it's a poor idea even in MA right now to change a law and behave in a manner that directly denies voters the opportunity to choose their own Senator. Not smart......dems have to wake up to the fact that people are fed up with government...even in MA. 
    Posted by macnh1

Gee, Harry Reid called Governor Patrick today.  What a coincidence!  Its gonna happen.  Dems will yawn and ask what the big deal is.  Changing the powers of the executive branch based on the party of the occupant is the most goddamned unamerican concept I can think of.

But thats just small potatos for the slimeball democrats.

Mordez-moi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In Response to Re: Kennedy wants his senate seat filled quickly : Gee, Harry Reid called Governor Patrick today.  What a coincidence!  Its gonna happen.  Dems will yawn and ask what the big deal is.  Changing the powers of the executive branch based on the party of the occupant is the most goddamned unamerican concept I can think of. But thats just small potatos for the slimeball democrats. Mordez-moi
    Posted by GreginMedford

I heard the MA Legislature and Governor are hiring an outside consulting firm to help sort it out.  R. Blagojevich and Associates out of Chicago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Representative Carl Sciortino

" Carl - Rep. (HOU)Sciortino" <Carl.Sciortino@state.ma.us>
    Dear Representative,
    Changing the scope of power of the governor based upon the political party of its occupant is the most blatant and anti-American abuse of power imagineable.  Elected officials supporting this rules change should be remembered and treated as such.
    Thank you as always,
    G

Sections
Shortcuts