Kerry and Rice?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Kerry and Rice?

Name anyone in government right now as qualified as John Kerry to be Secretary of State?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

John Kerry served the country with distinction and valor as member of the military and has been a valued and respected Senator for Massachusetts.  I really had not thought of him as SECDEF material since State seemed to be his desire, but I am sure he ups the ante regarding other potential candidates and the bar they would need to clear to be on par with him.

Rice will not be confirmed for State, unfortunately she is one of the scapegoats for the Banghazi fiasco.  It would make more sense for Kerry to go to State as his confirmation would be a lock, if he is going to join the admin.  I am sure Scott Brown is calling him to offer encouragement to take the job. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John Kerry served the country with distinction and valor as member of the military and has been a valued and respected Senator for Massachusetts.  I really had not thought of him as SECDEF material since State seemed to be his desire, but I am sure he ups the ante regarding other potential candidates and the bar they would need to clear to be on par with him.

Rice will not be confirmed for State, unfortunately she is one of the scapegoats for the Banghazi fiasco.  It would make more sense for Kerry to go to State as his confirmation would be a lock, if he is going to join the admin.  I am sure Scott Brown is calling him to offer encouragement to take the job. 

[/QUOTE]

Kerry is a coward and you know this.

Can't wait for his fellow team mates to testify.

Rice just finished 5 weeks of lying to the world and now she gets rewarded ?

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a payoff

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kerry is being tapped for Secretary of DEFENCE. You know, the same John Kerry that tossed his medals.

[/QUOTE]

Is the Secretary of DEFENCE in charge of making signs in the shape of picket fences and/or leading DE FENCE chants at Football and Basketball games?

In an unrelated story, I heard Kerry might be Obama's choice for Secretary of DefenSe.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kerry will take any Cabinet postion in order to call it a day, he really has not been very engaged since his defeat in 2004.  Kerry certainly has not followed Teddy's path to be a great senior senator.

One has to wonder why the Obama Administration would still be letting Rice's name to be in play when it just sets up more Benghazi debate.

I'm sure Brown is fully supporting Kerry's transition to cabinet.

Globe is already targetting Markey (why, too old and Sr in House to jump ship now, he would be junior Senator to Warren?), Capuano (bloody them up Mike would be fun to watch), Lynch (now we know he wants it). 

Of the three against Brown the only real competiton woud be Lynch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kerry will take any Cabinet postion in order to call it a day, he really has not been very engaged since his defeat in 2004.  Kerry certainly has not followed Teddy's path to be a great senior senator.

One has to wonder why the Obama Administration would still be letting Rice's name to be in play when it just sets up more Benghazi debate.

I'm sure Brown is fully supporting Kerry's transition to cabinet.

Globe is already targetting Markey (why, too old and Sr in House to jump ship now, he would be junior Senator to Warren?), Capuano (bloody them up Mike would be fun to watch), Lynch (now we know he wants it). 

Of the three against Brown the only real competiton woud be Lynch.

[/QUOTE]

Kerry would be better at State as foreign affairs has been his most recent focus.  That also takes the Benghazi issue out of the confirmation hearing process.  Any number of people can take Defense, even a moderate Republican (if any still exist).