Kerry provides proof that American's have a right to be stupid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Kerry provides proof that American's have a right to be stupid

I thought Kerry was a bad choice for Secretary of State.  I'm sure it was in return for a big political favor.  I think he's a pompous windbag that consistently puts his foot in his mouth.  I've never seen anybody talk so much, say so little, and still manage to embarass himself. 

How Obama thought a man with such poor speaking skills was a good choice to present out country overseas is beyond me.  In my opinion, Kerry is the epitomy of the limousine liberal.  He means well and tries to do the honorable thing (serving in Nam for example) but ultimately makes bad choices.

Funny how the Repubs decided to make a stand on Hagel and let Kerry sail through.

Don't get me wrong - Kerry as a politician is still preferable to just about any Republican.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Kerry provides proof that American's have a right to be stupid

"Politics" in Washington it's all about favors and who get the most for the pack.

The people and our business is just a necessary inconvienence for them and they will posture and say the things constituents want to hear but, in the end it's whats best for them and their power base that is not voters!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

As a left leaning guy, I think Kerry needs to retire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I agree. I was pretty surprised at the choice of Kerry and immediately assumed it was political favor. Of course..I am cynical enough to believe that about most political appointments.
    I think Huntsman would have been a great choice.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

"American's have a right to be stupid"

Glad to see a patriotic American fulfilling the dream.

You are speaking of yourself?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Agreed that he's not Sec. State material.

Huntsman might have been a good idea. Had somewhat similar experience, is a reasonable fellow, and is articulate.

Right skill and it would have fallen in line with Obama's Lincoln team of rival approach.

I'm not sure what's in store for Huntsman, but he is remaining politically active and signed on with an Amicus brief to SCOTUS concerning Prop 8.  Like Christie, he's not a speaker at CPAC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Huntsman would have been a solid pick, but that opportunity likely went at the window when he quit his ambassador post to run against Obama. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

When Kerry said "American's have a right to be stupid" I believe he was quoting Justice Learned Hand.  In the recent speech in which he made that remark he was praising America's great tolerance for dissenting viewpoints.  Indeed, it is this great tolerance (one that originated with our Founding Fathers in Boston) that made America great.

This is one thing we can ALL agree with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I am pretty sure the right to be stupid falls within the pursuit of happiness.  More than a few people act stupid in that goal.  Just look at reality T.V.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

He spoke at my wife's graduation from Bridgewater State in 1984, he was an azz-hole then.

Still is.......and a horrible American too boot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

and I thought Biden couldn't be topped As the liberal gaffe machine.

but, as far as Americans having the right to be stupid, he is a living example.  Maybe he'll get stuck in Iraq.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

I am pretty sure the right to be stupid falls within the pursuit of happiness.  More than a few people act stupid in that goal.  Just look at reality T.V.

If we can end the right to bear arms and The right not to buy insurance, I guess Obama supporters are just exercising their right to be stupid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

but, as far as Americans having the right to be stupid, he is a living example.  Maybe he'll get stuck in Iraq.

Except it's not a liberal gaffe though the far right wants it to be.  Just watch the entire speech and you'll see he is praising America for its tolerance. 

The far right always try to make something out of nothing but the only people you'll succeed in convincing is yourself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to portfilio's comment:

[QUOTE

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Except it's not a liberal gaffe though the far right wants it to be.  Just watch the entire speech and you'll see he is praising America for its tolerance. 

The far right always try to make something out of nothing but the only people you'll succeed in convincing is yourself.

[QUOTE]

Case in point: This thread.  With a foot in the door... look at all the stuff that's getting packed in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Actually, ironically, I'm more worried about Secretary Kerry embarrassing the president than Secretary Hagel.  Even more so, Ms. Heinz.

There you go, loyal opposition.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Kerry's entire career is living testimony to Kerry's statement.

Sections
Shortcuts