Late entry to Friday Funnies.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Late entry to Friday Funnies.

And now, for the REST of the story:

http://m.ketknbc.com/w/main/story/95609804/

AUSTIN, TEXAS (DPS) - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today received information that individuals planned to use a variety of items or props to disrupt legislative proceedings at the Texas Capitol.

Therefore for safety purposes, DPS recommended to the State Preservation Board that all bags be inspected prior to allowing individuals to enter the Senate gallery, which the State Preservation Board authorized.

During these inspections, DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint. All of these items - as well as significant quantities of feminine hygiene products, glitter and confetti possessed by individuals - were required to be discarded; otherwise those individuals were denied entry into the gallery.

In the interest of the safety and security of Texas legislators and the general public, these inspections will continue until the conclusion of Senate business.

That's hilarious if you think that being doused in urine and feces is a laugh riot.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I think it is a laugh riot that GUNS are allowed in the Texas legislature.

As I understand it Andie, the Texas legislature only allows people with a valid concealed carry license to enter the building with a weapon. Anyone that doesn't have that has to go through the normal security check process. The result is that a number of Texas legislators carry a weapon with them at all times.

So, pretend that you're a deviant bent on performing a mass killing, a budding Jarred Lochner if you will. Are you going to choose a place that you know is heavily defended and is likely to result in your instant death before you can do much harm or are you going to choose a lightly defended area such as the proverbial "gun free zone." Psychos are psychotic but theyr'e not stupid, they're going to go where the resistance is going to be minimal.

I think that, in general, the Texas legislature is pretty safe for the time being. I might avoid movie theatres that say that they're gun free zones though. Just sayin.

--

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

So it is now official...the lunatics are running the asylum..at least in Texas. I guess this explains the odd hashtags on my twitter feed last night...lol

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

AUSTIN, TEXAS (DPS) - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today received information that individuals planned to use a variety of items or props to disrupt legislative proceedings at the Texas Capitol.

Therefore for safety purposes, DPS recommended to the State Preservation Board that all bags be inspected prior to allowing individuals to enter the Senate gallery, which the State Preservation Board authorized.

During these inspections, DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint. All of these items - as well as significant quantities of feminine hygiene products, glitter and confetti possessed by individuals - were required to be discarded; otherwise those individuals were denied entry into the gallery.

In the interest of the safety and security of Texas legislators and the general public, these inspections will continue until the conclusion of Senate business.

That's hilarious if you think that being doused in urine and feces is a laugh riot.

--

Wait...are you trying to say Airborne posted another misleading thread??? Say it isn't so....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

--

Obviously, it would be terrible for a Texas legislator to be doused with urine or feces.  So the common sense move is to remove all possible vehicles of this behavior, even if it infringes on the rights of lawful and responsible tampon holders.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

even if it infringes on the rights of lawful and responsible tampon holders.

I hear ya bro. You really never know when you might need an emergency tampon while screaming at the legislators at the Texas statehouse.

--

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Unless, of course, you're Carrie. Then you're really going to need a tampon.

--

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]even if it infringes on the rights of lawful and responsible tampon holders.

I hear ya bro. You really never know when you might need an emergency tampon while screaming at the legislators at the Texas statehouse.

--

[/QUOTE]

Roughly 1600 times throughout the life of every woman who steps through those doors.  How many times has a Texas legislator stopped a Jared Loughner - type no-good varmint from shooting up the capitol?

You might want to re-think the pragmatism angle.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

You might want to re-think the pragmatism angle.

I think that maybe you're not completely understanding the situation here. They were confiscating tampons amongst a number of other items because they had received credible evidence that these items were going to be used as projectiles. Only the people trying to gain entry into the gallery were searched and had items confiscated. They can come and go as they please and probably aren't spending the entire day there anyway.

It's hard for me to imagine that this would have cause anyone any hardship at all but maybe one of the ladies around here can correct me if I'm not makig sense as this is not my field of expertise.

--

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

You're right, psychopaths go where their target is. If their target are politicians then the capitol bldg is the place to be, armed for the job.

Otherwise it's just another pathetic attempt at a false equivalency.

[/QUOTE]

How many mass killers were CHL holders?

To get a CHL you must pass an extensive federal/state and local back ground check, take a manatory "safe gun operations and the law" class; maintain your CHL on you at all times and the operative word is "concealed" If someone can see it; it is not concealed.

It's not like they are wearing gun holsters with it tied to their leg.

Dont be a dweeb!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]They can come and go as they please and probably aren't spending the entire day there anyway

Well no....that's entirely the point. If they actually need the tampon, they don't go as they please. They go the second they need one because the one that had was taken from them. 

I have a much better idea: get some cops there and arrest anyone who does start throwing things.

[/QUOTE]

I agree but, that response certainly would stop the intent of "disrupting the process".