Late entry to Friday Funnies.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Late entry to Friday Funnies.

I think the point was to not allow these folks the opportunity to disrupt the proceedings. Allowing them the opportunity to toss things at the legislators while in session is probably not conducive to effective government.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"I have a much better idea: get some cops there and arrest anyone who does start throwing things."

Ah yes...let's wait till someone gets urine or bloody tampon thrown on them and THEN step in. Much better idea. A little urine or blood from someone is no biggie right?! Sigh.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"If they want to confiscate paint and jars of urine, that's one thing. However, confiscating tampons ensured that a portion those most affected by the unconstitutional legislation they intended to discuss couldn't observe proceedings for terribly long."

Um...they weren't going to confiscate them from their vagina's. And I believe (females correct me if I wrong) that many womens' bathroom's sell tampons. Lastly, from what I've read and from my wife, depending on flow, a woman can get 4-8 hours from one tampon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Does it seem hilarious to anyone else that we have a bunch of men here arguing over the availability and proper usage of tampons?

--

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]You might want to re-think the pragmatism angle.

I think that maybe you're not completely understanding the situation here. They were confiscating tampons amongst a number of other items because they had received credible evidence that these items were going to be used as projectiles. Only the people trying to gain entry into the gallery were searched and had items confiscated. They can come and go as they please and probably aren't spending the entire day there anyway.

It's hard for me to imagine that this would have cause anyone any hardship at all but maybe one of the ladies around here can correct me if I'm not makig sense as this is not my field of expertise.

--

[/QUOTE]

The OP says they were confiscating tampons upon entry into the capitol building - not just the gallery.

But that's really beside the point.  The point is that Texas law-makers are confiscating feminine hygiene products under the guise of public safety, but allowing firearms into the building.  The point is they are saying my holster is constitutionally protected, but your vag1na is up for grabs.   And where and when are they saying these things?  During a debate on abortion restrictions.

I know you don't get it.  Tomorrow you'll be complaining about a media-created war on women.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts