Latest Hollywood propaganda dud, "White House Down" features heroic black President fighting evil right wing coup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Latest Hollywood propaganda dud, "White House Down" features heroic black President fighting evil right wing coup

Hollywood's pay back for all those special interest tax breaks the Democrats have given them.... According to Hollywood’s latest masterpiece, “White House Down,” America’s suicide will arise from racist right-wing sociopaths, hateful bloggers, NSA hackers, and weapons-manufacturing companies. Once again, Hollywood can’t bring itself to acknowledge America’s real enemies – the ones who actually kill American soldiers, diplomats and civilians.

Instead, it turns fellow citizens with a differing view into bloody-minded monsters. In "White House Down,” Columbia Picture’s new film directed by Roland Emmerich and written by James Vanderbilt, pro-military citizens and right-wingers – the destroyers of the peace – are the culprits. The evil villains actually were spawned from the “manufacturers of weapons” and the “military industrial complex” that will “do anything for power.” The bad guys also included a “right power hate-blogging” citizen, a “right-wing sociopath” who once blew up his local post office for employing too many African Americans, an ex-Delta Force member, an NSA hacker (sound familiar?), a power-thirsty Speaker of the House, and the Secret Service’s Head of Presidential Detail whose Marine son died overseas.

[Isnt this a made-for-TV movie, which plays on MSNBC every day?]

Why the domestic terror? President Obama, er "Sawyer" chose to withdraw troops from the Middle East and transfer money spent on war into funding for education, healthcare, infrastructure overseas and other noble liberal causes. Obama, er, Sawyer maintained that the “number one source of violence is poverty in the world” and his plan to redirect money would destroy poverty, and thus violence. Besides, he argued, military bases there are really only “for show.”[This is Cartoon Network level leftist propaganda, with the sublety of a sledgehammer, but no matter.]

Infuriated, the right-wingers demanded the war continue to keep their “buddies,” or “American companies who do business with the American military,” happy. When the Speaker voiced the defense industry’s concerns, President Sawyer retorted, “corporations are in bed with radical regimes.” Surprise, surprise, the film places President Sawyer – or, by another name, President Obama –as savior of the day.

Actor and Obama worshipper Jamie Foxx says he didn't ask President Barack Obama for any specific advice on playing the commander in chief, but admits he did use him for a bit of inspiration. "I watched him closely, and as a comedian, that's my job to sort of take the little things. It's not a direct impersonation of President Obama, but it was cool. It was really cool to watch him and bring a little bit of that flavor," said Foxx.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2013/07/01/usual-suspects-white-house-down-villains-racist-right-wing-militarists#ixzz2XuEsWmAN

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Latest Hollywood propaganda dud,

OP...nothing to see here

Airborne....good to see he's still making sweeping generalizations of conservatives. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Pretty darn funny. Getting worked up into such a lather over a summer action movie.

CLC, watch your vital signs. They have at home monitors that are really easy to use as well as accurate.

I suggest the wrist monitors over the arm band ones. They also will give you your pulse/heart rate. Some will have right on them the proper range for the top and bottom number for your blood pressure. No need to go to CVS or your MD. Can keep a journal to see what pushes your BP up with a home monitor handy. Some people keep one at their place of work as well. (A watch with a second hand is all you need to take your pulse.)

About $40 for a proper one at Wal-Mart.

Cannot say if such things cause you to engage in any self destructive habits, like eating too much or the wrong foods, etc. But emote here and not on your loved ones. Much healthier for all concerned. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

OP...nothing to see here

Airborne....good to see he's still making sweeping generalizations of conservatives. 

46&2,

You know you would miss the heck out of him if he took a leave of absence.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

Pretty darn funny. Getting worked up into such a lather over a summer action movie.

CLC, watch your vital signs. They have at home monitors that are really easy to use as well as accurate.

I suggest the wrist monitors over the arm band ones. They also will give you your pulse/heart rate. Some will have right on them the proper range for the top and bottom number for your blood pressure. No need to go to CVS or your MD. Can keep a journal to see what pushes your BP up with a home monitor handy. Some people keep one at their place of work as well. (A watch with a second hand is all you need to take your pulse.)

Cannot say if such things cause you to engage in any self destructive habits, like eating too much or the wrong foods, etc. But emote here and not on your loved ones. Much healthier for all concerned. 

Pretty darn funny watching the progressive react to the OP.  Kinda sounds like you want to say you don't car, but you do...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I would think you'd be more upset by the movie that recreates Jesus as some superpowered alien, who is sent to Earth to save us all from our horrible sins whilst wearing skin tight blue spandex. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Why should it be a surprise that an ideology so far removed from reality would have such trouble distinguishing between "fiction" and "non-fiction"...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

It probably isn't a dud to it's target 14 yr old male audiance.

Seems to me CLC should change his handle to CurrentConservativeCrackup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Pretty darn funny watching the progressive react to the OP.  Kinda sounds like you want to say you don't care, but you do..."

Exactly. Try and pretend Hollywood only cares about 'entertainment' and has no liberal agenda ...riggght. "White House Down" has no political message...riggght...

And when the rare conservative-leaning movie gets made, then andonly then libs blood pressure goes sky high, then they admit they care.
    Like where the movie 'Zero Dark Thirty' dared to show coercive interrogation, some libs tried to blackball it from the Oscars.
    The recent remake of "Red Dawn"? The liberal WaPost movie reviewer had a stroke, claiming this entertainment was "red meat for tea party patriots"....Pretty darn funny. Getting worked up into such a lather over a summer action movie !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Truly touched by all this sincere concern for my blood pressure and overall health.

Impressed how specific medical diagnoses can be ascertained from mere words typed on a computer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"Pretty darn funny watching the progressive react to the OP.  Kinda sounds like you want to say you don't care, but you do..."

Exactly. Try and pretend Hollywood only cares about 'entertainment' and has no liberal agenda ...riggght. "White House Down" has no political message...riggght...

And when the rare conservative-leaning movie gets made, then andonly then libs blood pressure goes sky high, then they admit they care.
    Like where the movie 'Zero Dark Thirty' dared to show coercive interrogation, some libs tried to blackball it from the Oscars.
    The recent remake of "Red Dawn"? The liberal WaPost movie reviewer had a stroke, claiming this entertainment was "red meat for tea party patriots"....Pretty darn funny. Getting worked up into such a lather over a summer action movie !

Red Dawn? Talk about a dud. The original AND the remake. Making money off the scared conservative with the commie threat. Did you stock up on guns and hide in your basement?

Here's your wiki moment for ZDT. Seems like the vast hollywood librul conspiracy liked it enough.

Zero Dark Thirty received wide critical acclaim and was nominated for five Academy Awards at the 85th Academy Awards, includingBest PictureBest Actress (Chastain) and Best Original Screenplay. The film won one, for Best Sound EditingZero Dark Thirtyearned four Golden Globe Award nominations, including Best Picture – DramaBest Director, and won one Best Actress – Drama for Chastain.

Maybe you should just keep wishing for them to remake Magnum Force and Dirty Harry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

And when the rare conservative-leaning movie gets made, then andonly then libs blood pressure goes sky high

The recent remake of "Red Dawn"? The liberal WaPost movie reviewer had a stroke,

Impressed how specific medical diagnoses can be ascertained from mere words typed on a computer.

Ya, funny about that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Hollywood actors Martin Sheen, Ed Asner and David Clennon led an effort to punish ZDT for "promoting torture"...
    op-ed from The Huffington Post.

The saddest effect of the anti-ZDT camp is its swerve toward a new McCarthyism. I admit that it's not the most adept analogy, but it's altogether too disproportionate to make comparisons between the anti-ZDT camp and the denunciations of artists by the early Leninists, Stalinists, and Maoists that escalated into the exiling, imprisonment, and execution of artists. But we should remember that it was such slides of the left into wholesale fascism that set even the most benign factions of the left back politically in America and Europe for over half a century. Which is why I ask Sheen, Asner, Clennon and their supporters to consider how they are helping to fracture the left with their censoring of art from the awards it deserves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Medical?  No.

Psychological?  Maybe.

Because how can you be a paranoiac if everyone is against you, right...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Red Dawn? Talk about a dud. The original AND the remake. Making money off the scared conservative with the commie threat. Did you stock up on guns and hide in your basement?"

Um, isnt this what you and other libs just accused me of doing? Mocking a movie because it has a political agenda? And claiming it was paranoid to believe movies may have a political agenda?

Self awareness, not a strong suit among progressives...

I will use a quote used above from the venerable concerned citizen:

"Is there anything these knutes don't view through ideological lenses?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

"Red Dawn? Talk about a dud. The original AND the remake. Making money off the scared conservative with the commie threat. Did you stock up on guns and hide in your basement?"

Um, isnt this what you and other libs just accused me of doing? Mocking a movie because it has a political agenda? And claiming it was paranoid to believe movies may have a political agenda?

Self awareness, not a strong suit among progressives...

I will use a quote used above from the venerable concerned citizen:

"Is there anything these knutes don't view through ideological lenses?"

I was mocking you about Red Dawn because it's a horribly acted  fictional movie with an even more moronic premise. I cant believe you even mentioned it in the same post as the quasi non-fictional ZDT. Concerning ZDT, I understand you were just ignorant of the accolades it received from the same people you indict as hateful towards anything RW. It's to be expected from someone who lives in an echo chamber.

In other words, reboot and try again. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

OP...nothing to see here

46&2,

You know you would miss the heck out of him if he took a leave of absence.

[/QUOTE]

I do enjoy his a55hatery....almost as much as I enjoy him (as well as WDYWN) having me on ignore. If they only realized how much of a favor they have done me. Shhhh...

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

I would not think the Ignore button would work entirely if that is the case.

Plenty of us hit Reply, so if they do not have the other poster on Ignore, your post will be read in any case.

Would have respected your "Shhhh", but I am pretty sure you already know this. It is not like you do not know your way around the forums. :)

ps...If memory serves WDYWN directed at least one post at you since my return. But then, my memory is not what it used to be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agenda or not, the entire premise of the film is absurd.  Any suspension of disbelief begins there.  It might as well be a cartoon.

It's like calling Bugs Bunny a liberal...it makes no sense and just makes you look foolish.  Again.

Furthermore, if you don't understand that a movie like "White House Down" is first-and-foremost created to make millions of dollars, then you really don't understand how or why movies are made.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pretty darn funny watching the progressive react to the OP.  Kinda sounds like you want to say you don't car, but you do...

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

I care about the well being of every poster in the forums regardless of their POV. That is me being dead serious.

I also care a lot about movies. Always have. 

But I am not at all in a lather about this film. Saw a couple of clips. Read a review. Wait until it hits cable. Not worth the time, energy or money to see in a theater for me and mine.

IMO just run of the mill summer action flick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

But, but, but Pinkeye is always so quiet when conservatives like CLC make sweeping generalizations about non-conservatives. Hmm wonder why that is? Oh wait, theres a word for it...I think it starts with an "H" and ends with "ypocrit".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agenda or not, the entire premise of the film is absurd.  Any suspension of disbelief begins there.  It might as well be a cartoon.

It's like calling Bugs Bunny a liberal...it makes no sense and just makes you look foolish.  Again.

Furthermore, if you don't understand that a movie like "White House Down" is first-and-foremost created to make millions of dollars, then you really don't understand how or why movies are made.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo...lol...but then again the target audience is teenage boys. Not sure why CLC is getting all worked up about this one. Oh..but wait..he's not. He's just copying/pasting someone else's faux outrage.

I wonder..CLC..have you even seen the movie? Or are you just believing what some paid blogger tells you to believe?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

CLC,

" Self awareness, not a strong suit among progressives... "

I must be an anomaly among progressives...though I highly doubt it. Family, friends and medical doctors have urged me for YEARS to try to live more in the present. That there is such a thing as being  too self-aware for one's own good, for one's health. 

I was not kidding about not letting a film actually affect you physically. I get awfully passionate about a lot of things, including politics. Not always good for my health. Trying to take a more Zen like approach to life without losing my core being. Cannot write posts very well if you end up in the hospital...or worse. A movie is to be critiqued, seen or not seen, but not allow it to make your head explode. Meditation is something you might give a whirl. Yoga as well. Even golf. Cannot think about anything else when you are trying to hit that little ball.

Believe Mark Twain said it first.in defining golf. "A good walk spoiled."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

I do enjoy his a*****y....almost as much as I enjoy him (as well as WDYWN) having me on ignore. If they only realized how much of a favor they have done me. Shhhh..

46&2,

I would not think the Ignore button would work entirely if that is the case.

Plenty of us hit Reply, so if they do not have the other poster on Ignore, your post will be read in any case.

Would have respected your "Shhhh", but I am pretty sure you already know this. It is not like you do not know your way around the forums. :)

ps...If memory serves WDYWN directed at least one post at you since my return. But then, my memory is not what it used to be.

He is on ignore, and yes I can unfortunately still see what he posts when someone replies to him.

While you were gone, he devolved solely into throwing around insults and basically trying to say provocative things in order to elicit a response. If sucessful, he would then say something like 'BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAA    I touched a nerve!'

Even:

"I do enjoy his a******y....almost as much as I enjoy him (as well as WDYWN) having me on ignore. If they only realized how much of a favor they have done me. Shhhh.."

is an attempt to get me to respond to him.

After enough of the chidish idiocy I decided he wasn't worth my time. Of course that didn't stop him from responding to my posts for a few months after I told him he was on ignore.

I suppose I'll have to wait until the next time he gets himself banned by behaving like a 5th grader in a middle aged man's body to put him back on ignore.

It's like someone else's child running up and down the restaurant throwing food. I can't grab the kid and discipline him. It's up to the staff.....           the adult thing to do is ignore the brat.

[/QUOTE]

WDYWN,

Okie dokie as my late FIL loved to say. 

Thanks for filling me in. Much appreciated.

Sections
Shortcuts