Legalizing Medical Marijuana- Ballot Question #3

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Legalizing Medical Marijuana- Ballot Question #3

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe in saving the best for last..so as we go into the final week (thankfully!!) before the election..should we talk about legalizing marjuana for medicinal use? Is this a no-brainer?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and not just for medicinal use. Think of how much marijuana would help people like jmel, skeeter and NOMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Yes, and not just for medicinal use. Think of how much marijuana would help people like jmel, skeeter and NOMO.

Good point Troll.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good point Troll.

[/QUOTE]

Awwww,.......... Do you need some medical marijuana too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Massachusetts is overflowing with stupidity, last thing we need is an influx of stoners.

Yes. Much better to have drunks and heroin junkies.

Fortunately people with your wrong-headed antiquated view(s) are finally in the minority. I give it 10-20 years before the dinosaurs in congress finally wake up to smell the Blueberry.

The only arguments your ilk still has is that "pot is bad because the government made it illegal" (a non-argument), and "we should be afraid to change from tradition" (a non-argument).

Pot is unquestionably far safer than alcohol. People consume less alcohol if they consume pot. Hence, the alcohol industry teams up with interested parties like District Attorney Asssociation(s) to spread misinformation about it.

The bottom line is it's better for you, can in fact be harmless if you eat or vaporize it, and impairs your mental/physical functioning far less than alcohol. There is no logical reason for anything less harmful than alcohol to be illegal.

And of course, as with alcohol, prohibition merely subsidizes drug crime.

Fear, misinformation, and propoganda: The only "arguments" for prohibition.

[/QUOTE]

Any weedmaster will have an arms legnth of pro's for voting yes on 3. 

Now we'll have weedmasters, drunks and heroin junkies out there. Why stop there, what else can we make legal? Why not make all drugs legal? 

Pot is no safer than alcohol, both are demons. 

[/QUOTE]

How many people have been killed by people driving under the influence of marijuana???  None

Alot of people who have had chemotherapy need and could use medical marijuana . For one it takes away the nausa that is caused by chemo and two it helps them get up an appetite that they wouldnt normally have if they didnt use medical marijuana. Plus there are other ways to injest marijuana that doesnt involve taking in the tar and other things that go with smoking it. Ever heard of a vaporizor?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

Not surprisingly, marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off.

And chronic abusers of alcohol are in far worse shape. That's all I'm saying.

[/QUOTE]

I seriously Cant believe im agreeing with you WDYWN. Ive been a casual smoker of marijuana for years and ive never become addicted and felt like i NEED marijuana to live my life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not surprisingly, marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off.

[/QUOTE]

It's not a contest. We're talking about things that impair judgement. Many (not saying you) think pot is totally harmless. It ain't. That's all I'm saying.

Legalize it...hell legalize all drugs for all I care. People want to fcuk themselves up that's not my business. While we're at it legalize gambling and prostitution. Enough of this puritan bullsh!t.

[/QUOTE]

Your really going to far with this Marijuana is not other drugs, Marijuana comes from the earth, you dont have to do sh!t to it to feel its affect like cocaine and heroin all drugs you have to synthizize to bring out it chemical properties. Which i believe is what makes Mary jane non habit forming. Maybe mentally addicting. Go to a rehab center and tell them your addicted to marijuana and see if they dont look at you like your an idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

[/QUOTE]

How many people have been killed by people driving under the influence of marijuana???  None

[/QUOTE]

I assume you have actual proof of this right?

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, that was my next question.

[/QUOTE]

Yea here you go.

• Marijuana kills 0. There has never been a recorded death due to marijuana at any time in US history.
    • All illegal drugs combined kill about 4,500 people per year, or about one percent of the number killed by alcohol and tobacco. Tobacco kills more people each year than all of the people killed by all of the illegal drugs in the last century.
    •  

Source: NIDA Research Monographs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Why spend 18 Billion dollars a year trying to fight the use of marijuana, When we could make and legal and make money off it???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cookie-rojas' comment:

Smoking a joint wouldn't have helped their suffering.

How would you know unless they smoked a joint and found out? The people who hold your view, but then come down with a terminal illnesss and smoke a joint report it makes them feel better. Hence the push to legalize medicinal marijuana.

You don't think it's some vast conspiracy, do you?

Oh....wait..... 

[/QUOTE]

Master of pulling lines out of context, no problem there, if it helps make your argument have a party.

From the votes here, I'm guessing it gets passed, makes me no never mind.  I used to smoke like Bob Marley, until I decided to spend my money and time on other things, like my wife, my kids, my house, my kids college, braces, golf clubs, etc.

Did I mention I used to smoke like Bob Marley?  Look at where it got him?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I seriously Cant believe im agreeing with you WDYWN. Ive been a casual smoker of marijuana for years and ive never become addicted and felt like i NEED marijuana to live my life.

[/QUOTE]

And I've been a casual drinker of alcohol for years and never became addicted or felt I NEED alcohol to live my life. But guess what...many others do. Just because YOU didn't become addicted or felt you NEEDED marijuana doesn't mean there aren't those who do.

[/QUOTE]

Sure and theres that person that feels they NEED booze to live there life. Your always gonna have people that feel like they NEED Weed or NEED alcohol to live there lives. I dont get what your arguing here, Your saying its ok for Alcohol to be legal and have its heavy users but Weed cant be legal cuz it will have its Addicts?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.