Legalizing Medical Marijuana- Ballot Question #3

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Legalizing Medical Marijuana- Ballot Question #3

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

Just pointing out that weed too can be addicting

Depends what you mean by "addicting".

Neither THC nor any of the other components in marijuana has been shown to have any chemically addictive properties.

The word "chemically" there is operative, since the term "addiction" has been broadened in recent times to include things such as video games, and the internet. I am very skeptical of that use of the term "addiction" because it simply isn't the thing in question causing the addiction. It is the person simply lacking self-control and killing too many demons in World of Warcraft.

Where as substances with chemically addictive properties alter a human being's physiology to produce craving, and then literal chemical dependence on the substance whereby its withdrawal produces physical symptoms.

Studys have shown that Quitting smoking marijuana is easier than quitting cigarettes or even quitting drinking.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The point is, Pot is less addicting Less harmfull and less fatal than Cigarettes and alcohol. So why shouldnt it be legal.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Just pointing out that weed too can be addicting

Depends what you mean by "addicting".

Neither THC nor any of the other components in marijuana has been shown to have any chemically addictive properties.

The word "chemically" there is operative, since the term "addiction" has been broadened in recent times to include things such as video games, and the internet. I am very skeptical of that use of the term "addiction" because it simply isn't the thing in question causing the addiction. It is the person simply lacking self-control and killing too many demons in World of Warcraft.

Where as substances with chemically addictive properties alter a human being's physiology to produce craving, and then literal chemical dependence on the substance whereby its withdrawal produces physical symptoms.

Studys have shown that Quitting smoking marijuana is easier than quitting cigarettes or even quitting drinking.

Maybe so...but it's often not quit because people think it's harmless. Sure for the occassional user it is. Look, I'm all for legalizing it and could care less if people smoke enough to make them stupid. Let's just not pretend that pot is perfectly harmless. That's all I'm saying.

Who was sayin its perfectly harmless??? The point is its less harmful that both tobacco and Alcohol.I know full well what i doing when i decide to take a puff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

In reality there are pushers.

Oh, simply because you and DARE say so?

Carry on.

Where the fcvk do you live?

Do you have any clue about the real world, and I don't mean the MTV series.

What a buffoon!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Well when I was a youth I was a victim of the drug war. Caught smoking a bowl (of schwag at that. Ugh. The b@stard cops were actually laughing at how crappy it was) - oh my!

So it was one of thise CWOF-Pass a drug test-no conviction-expungement deals. Quitting smoking marijuana for the drug test was as easy as not ordering a slice of pizza. So what? There wasn't the slightest craving, just a minor annoyance at having to play their game.

I also smoked cigarettes heavily for five years. Quit cold turkey and never looked back. Now that is an addiction. Cravings, constant whispers in your mind - hey, who are they to tell you you can't smoke (when did myself become "they"?), it's only a cigarette, it's only a few years off your life, so what you'll die anyway - on and on. Of course, all you have to do is simply not tell your hand to pick up a cig. Every 1.24 seconds. But still.

The worst bit, of course, was the inability to stay asleep. Every 30 to 40 minutes I would fall asleep at night and begin dreaming. In each in every dream, I would invariably be offered a cigarette, give in, and have it. I'd wake up, throat sore, mouth salvating, and literally sucking the pillow into my mouth. Lasted 2 to 3 weeks. Good thing I picked a vacation to stop.

So yeah...if something that does that is legal, I can't see any reason why pot shouldn't be.

And I'm not even mentioning the hundreds of thousands of people who die from cigarettes every year. WWII-grade casualties. Oh oops there I go.

Good for you on quitting smoking. i wish it where that easy for me(i wish i had never started in the first place) ive tried and tried to stop smokin cigs but i keep coming back to them(i stopped for about 7 months but ended up starting back up). It really is a b!tch to stop smoking cigs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

*Rather close to harmless, but not entirely harmless.

Well sure if you consider, "distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off." to be rather close to harmless then sure.

Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory.Alcohol can produce detectable impairments in memory after only a few drinks and, as the amount of alcohol increases, so does the degree of impairment. Large quantities of alcohol, especially when consumed quickly and on an empty stomach, can produce a blackout, or an interval of time for which the intoxicated person cannot recall key details of events, or even entire events.

Gee im pretty sure id choose the adverse affects of marijuana anyday, Than not being able to remember what the hell  i did last night after a night of drinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Well when I was a youth I was a victim of the drug war. Caught smoking a bowl (of schwag at that. Ugh. The b@stard cops were actually laughing at how crappy it was) - oh my!

So it was one of thise CWOF-Pass a drug test-no conviction-expungement deals. Quitting smoking marijuana for the drug test was as easy as not ordering a slice of pizza. So what? There wasn't the slightest craving, just a minor annoyance at having to play their game.

I also smoked cigarettes heavily for five years. Quit cold turkey and never looked back. Now that is an addiction. Cravings, constant whispers in your mind - hey, who are they to tell you you can't smoke (when did myself become "they"?), it's only a cigarette, it's only a few years off your life, so what you'll die anyway - on and on. Of course, all you have to do is simply not tell your hand to pick up a cig. Every 1.24 seconds. But still.

The worst bit, of course, was the inability to stay asleep. Every 30 to 40 minutes I would fall asleep at night and begin dreaming. In each in every dream, I would invariably be offered a cigarette, give in, and have it. I'd wake up, throat sore, mouth salvating, and literally sucking the pillow into my mouth. Lasted 2 to 3 weeks. Good thing I picked a vacation to stop.

So yeah...if something that does that is legal, I can't see any reason why pot shouldn't be.

And I'm not even mentioning the hundreds of thousands of people who die from cigarettes every year. WWII-grade casualties. Oh oops there I go.

Good for you on quitting smoking. i wish it where that easy for me(i wish i had never started in the first place) ive tried and tried to stop smokin cigs but i keep coming back to them(i stopped for about 7 months but ended up starting back up). It really is a b!tch to stop smoking cigs.

Have you tried chantix (sp?) It worked for my mother, father and brother. Yes, I was the only smart one when it came to smoking. Never even tried it. 

Idk im kinda weary as on the commercials it says one of the side affects is feeling suicidal?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Have you tried chantix (sp?) It worked for my mother, father and brother. Yes, I was the only smart one when it came to smoking. Never even tried it. 

Idk im kinda weary as on the commercials it says one of the side affects is feeling suicidal?

None of my family felt suicidal. Hell it worked so quickly for them they didn't have time to feel that way. My mother didn't even need to finish off the dose she kicked it so quickly. My father took the rest and he was off in a few weeks. My father had smoked for 50 years when he quit. 

Alright ill look into it. I was thinkin about maybe gettin one of those E-cigs.. Maybe use that to try and slowly  ween myself off nicotine.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Well sure if you consider, " distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off." to be rather close to harmless then sure

For the reasons I said, I do consider that rather close to harmless.

As with guns, its the owner who can be dangerous.

First, some context. Those chronic users from the second sentence? We're not talking about a senior VP in a big corporation who likes to take a couple hits when he comes home from work. When the government describe "chronic users", the definition is usually something in the range of 5 joints worth a day.

And yeah, those people are usually (though not always) slow. They're also a very small minority of regular users.

The next-day memory effects just aren't present in moderate smokers. Just like you don't get hung over and slow the next day from two glasses of wine (a moderate drinker)

Second, as for impaired judgment and all that, it's only harmful if the person is reckless and puts themselve in a position where they need judgment.

Moreover, all of the negative side effects (anxiety, distorted perception, etc.) are significantly lessened in experienced smokers, and of course.....     in moderate smokers. For an experienced smoker, a couple of hits will produce a very mild relaxing euphoria, a little more randomness in thoughts, and slight short-term memory impairment. But it doesn't stop them from reading and fully understanding a chapter of Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

If you roll up a joint of well-grown blueberry, sure, even an experienced smoker is going to be impaired. But if they're also intelligent and therefore do nothing more serious than watch T.V. or go for a walk outside, their impaired judgment isn't "harm" in my book.

No more than if I down a couple of manhattans and then watch a play

Where do you get this "Blueberry" you talk about. The stuff i get around here is pretty good but, This "Blueberry" sounds delicious. Lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

None of my family felt suicidal. Hell it worked so quickly for them they didn't have time to feel that way. My mother didn't even need to finish off the dose she kicked it so quickly. My father took the rest and he was off in a few weeks. My father had smoked for 50 years when he quit. 

Alright ill look into it. I was thinkin about maybe gettin one of those E-cigs.. Maybe use that to try and slowly  ween myself off nicotine.

My brother tried that and it didn't work. Not to say it can't work for you. But with chantix it makes you not desire cigarettes anymore. That is the key. My dad enjoyed smoking. He actually really like it. For him to be able to quit was HUGE to say the least. 

Thats good you'll get to have your mom and dad and your brother for the forseeable future. Im pretty much willing to try anything thats suggested that people have had good results with. Thank you for your suggestion

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Where do you get this "Blueberry" you talk about. The stuff i get around here is pretty good but, This "Blueberry" sounds delicious.

The wife and I recently took a trip to Amsterdam.  :)

It is very tasty, literally like blueberries. It's energetic but downright trippy. Very strong, too. I had some interesting daydreams while strolling in their botantical garden.

It's a shame we don't have coffee shops here. Virtually the only way to get actual specific strains consistently is if you know one of these high-end delivery services, typically in NYC.

Maybe we can make an exchange sometime. I can get this stuff around here that tastes like your eating a bowl of fruity pebbles but ive gotten kind of saturated with it. The Blueberry sounds delicious and something i would love to try.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

This is how I quit smoking. The Mad Russian. Even after I went to see him, it was tough.   The big moment was when I realized that smoking just wasn't an option.  That helped me turn the corner.

I quit smoking because a cowoker's son contracted a very aggressive form of bone cancer.  The kid was fighting for his life because of an illness he did nothing to contract, and there I was engaging in behavior that could cause cancer.  Seemed extremely selfish.

Sections
Shortcuts