Legalizing Medical Marijuana- Ballot Question #3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Legalizing Medical Marijuana- Ballot Question #3

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Studys have shown that Quitting smoking marijuana is easier than quitting cigarettes or even quitting drinking.

Well when I was a youth I was a victim of the drug war. Caught smoking a bowl (of schwag at that. Ugh. The b@stard cops were actually laughing at how crappy it was) - oh my!

So it was one of thise CWOF-Pass a drug test-no conviction-expungement deals. Quitting smoking marijuana for the drug test was as easy as not ordering a slice of pizza. So what? There wasn't the slightest craving, just a minor annoyance at having to play their game.

I also smoked cigarettes heavily for five years. Quit cold turkey and never looked back. Now that is an addiction. Cravings, constant whispers in your mind - hey, who are they to tell you you can't smoke (when did myself become "they"?), it's only a cigarette, it's only a few years off your life, so what you'll die anyway - on and on. Of course, all you have to do is simply not tell your hand to pick up a cig. Every 1.24 seconds. But still.

The worst bit, of course, was the inability to stay asleep. Every 30 to 40 minutes I would fall asleep at night and begin dreaming. In each in every dream, I would invariably be offered a cigarette, give in, and have it. I'd wake up, throat sore, mouth salvating, and literally sucking the pillow into my mouth. Lasted 2 to 3 weeks. Good thing I picked a vacation to stop.

So yeah...if something that does that is legal, I can't see any reason why pot shouldn't be.

And I'm not even mentioning the hundreds of thousands of people who die from cigarettes every year. WWII-grade casualties. Oh oops there I go.

[/QUOTE]

You do know that chronic, even casual weed smokers can die from emphysema. 

[/QUOTE]

I was totally unaware of that. You do realize that Chronic,even casual drinkers can die from kidney failure. Right

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

Weeellllllll....no offense but that I'm not so sure about.....

What with this being the internet, and exchanges counting as distribution even if in a weight under an ounce, post-decriminilization.    

[/QUOTE]

Who has to know? Lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How can you be objective then if you're a toker?

By focusing on published studies (as I have done)......

Your question cuts both ways: How can you be objective if you haven't at least sampled it once?

[/QUOTE]

Prove I'm wrong, get off the pot. Document it, and report back. 

[/QUOTE]

Stop being obtuse.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. I'd have no problem if alcohol were illegal.  

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, a lot of loved ones would be alive today if drugs and alcohol weren't so easily accessible. I know its a fantasy but if I can do my little part of preventing someone else from losing loved ones to either of these then I'll feel better saying ok to one of the choices, there is only one choice presently on the ballot. 

[/QUOTE]

Did these loved ones have a gun put to there head and made to do drugs and alcohol??? No. These are personal choices, Who are other people to say that something is bad for you or you cant do that its gonna kill you??? If i wanna do something thats bad for me, Its my personal choice. If i wanna do something thats gonna kill me, My personal choice. Because i smoke weed does that hurt you, No it hurts me. I dont see where people get off telling others what they can and cant smoke, can and cant drink, can and cant do. This is america ill do what i damn well please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, a lot of loved ones would be alive today if drugs and alcohol weren't so easily accessible. I know its a fantasy but if I can do my little part of preventing someone else from losing loved ones to either of these then I'll feel better saying ok to one of the choices, there is only one choice presently on the ballot. 

[/QUOTE]

Do you know anything about the prohibition era? People were still getting alcohol. How about drugs? Those are illegal yet people have no problem getting them. Making something illegal does not mean problems will go away. 

People are going to make bad choices (driving drunk, getting hooked on drugs, etc) whether drugs and alcohol are legal or illegal. You can't legislate good judgement. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Its all about what YOU decide to do after you do the drugs or have a drink.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you know anything about the prohibition era? People were still getting alcohol. How about drugs? Those are illegal yet people have no problem getting them. Making something illegal does not mean problems will go away. 

People are going to make bad choices (driving drunk, getting hooked on drugs, etc) whether drugs and alcohol are legal or illegal. You can't legislate good judgement. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but we solve that by making it even easier? 

I know where I stand, I don't expect anyone to change their mind here. Back to the OP, No on 3 for me.

[/QUOTE]

Fine with me its your right to vote no on 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but we solve that by making it even easier? 

I know where I stand, I don't expect anyone to change their mind here. Back to the OP, No on 3 for me.

[/QUOTE]

Stupid double posts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did these loved ones have a gun put to there head and made to do drugs and alcohol??? No. These are personal choices, Who are other people to say that something is bad for you or you cant do that its gonna kill you??? If i wanna do something thats bad for me, Its my personal choice. If i wanna do something thats gonna kill me, My personal choice. Because i smoke weed does that hurt you, No it hurts me. I dont see where people get off telling others what they can and cant smoke, can and cant drink, can and cant do. This is america ill do what i damn well please.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, those are all personal choices but they have an affect on the rest of society. When that stoned out drunk rams into the back of your sisters car and wipes out her family and you have to burry them...then yes the choice becomes more than just yours. I have a choice to prevent that from ever happening again. So go ahead make your by voting yes. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes personal choice. That person made a choice to get in a car( a very bad one) while under the influence. I have a personal responibility not to involve others in the choices i make.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When that stoned out drunk rams into the back of your sisters car and wipes out her family and you have to burry them...then yes the choice becomes more than just yours. I have a choice to prevent that from ever happening again.

That is the problem with prohibition. It is only an illusionof having the power to prevent it from ever happening again.

Alcohol prohibition lead to MORE drinking, MORE drinking deaths, MORE corruption, AND the establishment of organized crime in America, which has now branched into all sorts of other illegal activities.

It didn't stop it then, it wouldn't stop it now, just like drug prohibition doesn't stop drugs and the things irresponsible people do on drugs.

[/QUOTE]

Then why have any laws at all? 

[/QUOTE]

Uhhh to keep there from being Anarchy..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, those are all personal choices but they have an affect on the rest of society. When that stoned out drunk rams into the back of your sisters car and wipes out her family and you have to burry them...then yes the choice becomes more than just yours. I have a choice to prevent that from ever happening again. So go ahead make your by voting yes. 

[/QUOTE]

That's a good argument for outlawing drunk driving but not for outlawing weed.  People driving high are more likely to get lost or freak out becuase they think they're lost than to hit someone.  Trust me, people that are driving while high are so paranoid that they are totally focused on driving

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone has a right to their opinion and it should be respected. We all bring different things to the table here . I am curious though...what is your position on guns and gun control?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I had a feeling this would spark some debate. Honestly..I guess I am the last person who should have an opinion on this..having never smoked the stuff myself. Not that I am opposed to it...just a personal preference.

I have to agree with WDYWN. For the most part, I feel like legalizing marijuana allows better control because it essentially puts the illegal dealers out of business. Prohibition didn't stop people from drinking.

In any event..this is for medicinal use only. Marijuana is far less potent than many legal prescription narcotics and probably more effective.

Sections
Shortcuts