In response to newman09's comment:
In response to UserName9's comment:
In response to StalkingButler's comment:
He means, "how are you liking that hopey changy stuff now?"
Think for yourself, question authority.
Then I'm pleased with foreign policy (ending wars, killing Bin Laden, etc.)
I'm upset that the President has been unable to undo our Republican economy. What I mean by that is: Total government spending are at levels not seen since the Korean War, corporate and individual tax rates are at levels not seen since the Great Depression and financial regulation has been demolished.
Really? Let's face it, we are almost five years into Obama's run and you're still calling it the republican economy. Please tell me at what point does it become Obama's economy? When he's out of office. We will go from Bush to whomever that next president is in 2017, right? You just can't bring yourself to except any blame from this administration, Obama can do no wrong, can he....pathetic!
Lets be honest... too many people want it their way regardless of the facts.
So what are the facts:
1. Like the great depression the great recession does not go away as quickly as a run of the mill low in the economy.
2. WHile I do not like either party it is clear that the Republican party tried to do the very thing they did in Europe - austerity. And so their efforts greatly limited what anyone else could do. Austerity at the juncture it has been being pushed makes things worse. It is not the first time this has been tried and shown to make things worse. And the EU (European Union) has also proven it again as well.
3. What would have been a longer, harder climb out of this has been made worse by the above... And then by the repetative, do nothing, obstructions of the Republican party on almost every issue that is dealt with (or not as the case may be) by COngress.
4. What is needed is sober, intelligent, educated (meaning learned in areas that are of significance) and UNIFIED partnership ocross voters, across parties, across the country. Instead we get hot headed, knee jerk reactions from voters and so we end up with elected officials who either think that they must follow suit or actually do not think at all but act equally emotionally. Since many of these people are men we might all wonder whether men are too emotional to act rationally in times of need!
5. It would be nice to see voters of BOTH parties and independents take back our government by stopping the buying of our government. This would help in many ways.