LET THE REPUBLICANS TAKE THE US ECONOMY OVER THE FISCAL CLIFF!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: LET THE REPUBLICANS TAKE THE US ECONOMY OVER THE FISCAL CLIFF!

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I can't afford paying anymore taxes... I don't want some short term fix that will only push it onto the next generation to bear.

The entitlement cuts will soon be ours...

[/QUOTE]

I am going with the assumption that I will not have social security available to me, and likely far more limited medicare (assuming I need it).

But I don't blame Obama. I blame the last several decades of baby boomer, and before that, Great Generation, rule. In short, I blame WWII.

[/QUOTE]

We cannot afford the societal problems that would arise with eliminating social security.  Its the only thing keeping millions from eating out of dumpsters.

The solution to Social Security has always been a simple one.....Raise the silly wage cap from $110,000 and make the high wage earners pay it on all of their income, including their capital gains, dividends and 'carried interest exemption' income.  No more problem.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UserName99's comment:

We cannot afford the societal problems that would arise with eliminating social security.  Its the only thing keeping millions from eating out of dumpsters. The solution to Social Security has always been a simple one.....Raise the silly wage cap from $110,000 and make the high wage earners pay it on all of their income, including their capital gains, dividends and 'carried interest exemption' income.  No more problem.

I would flip the 'wage cap' over.

No one pays payroll taxes on the first $10K or $20K and there would be no top cap.

That way everyone gets the same exemption and no one can say it's not fair.

[/QUOTE]

even better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Compromising is not saying ok we agree to only tax the rich!

The republicans wants no tax-cuts for anyone BECAUSE revenue is not the fvckiing problem!! why is that so hard for dems to get in their head???

you could tax all the money the millionaires and billionaires make and we would still be in this same mess only with no millionaires and billionaires in a few years!!

The govt is spending way too much is the problem!!

I think conservatives would agree to tax increases for the top 5-10% if the dems came up with some entitlement program and wasteful spending cuts. Not reductions in spending starting in a few years; actual cuts through reform or eliminating waste and overlapping programs!!

Everytime the republicans try to make some hard decisions the dems start talking about starving grandma or orphaning children as ploys to create more division and the cowards back down!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

you could tax all the money the millionaires and billionaires make and we would still be in this same mess only with no millionaires and billionaires in a few years!!

Therefoer they should pay a lower rate than me? That doesn't make any sense. 

And guess what. You could seize all my income and it wouldn't make a dent. So I shouldn't pay any taxes. That is how f**king stupid your position is.

[/QUOTE]

Actually you prove my point and exhibit in your own words how more revenue without real and immediate draconian spending cuts will do NOTHING to help the current economic problems we face!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

Actually you prove my point and exhibit in your own words how more revenue without real and immediate draconian spending cuts will do NOTHING to help the current economic problems we face!

Nothing proves your point.

Your basic argument is "If X tax increase doesn't completely fix everything, taxes should never go up."

That is a non-argument.

A combination of revenue increases and spending cuts is what we need. Not just one or just the other.

Where are the dems compromise on "real" govt spending cuts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

@#%!!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelldog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@#%!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

EBT bounce dawgie ?

[/QUOTE]

TOUCHE.... I SNORTED MY RAMEN ALL OVER  MY KEYBOARD!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Capital gains are only paid on profits so your initial investment isn't double taxed

It's not a straight-up double tax, but it functions rather like one. The profits would be much higher if the income used to make them weren't taxed, because the investment would be bigger. At least in my case.... 

[/QUOTE]

Correct.  What some folks don't get is you are taxing different "things".  income is realtively assured, and paid as such.  Capital gains involve putting money at risk, and not collecting until a year later.  Your "income" might exceed your original investment, or exceed it.  In my book, this is not "income" as the average person thinks of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

THE RESULTING ECONOMIC RECESSION, HARDSHIP FOR THE MASSES, ETC.... WILL ENSURE THAT THESE IDIOT, "GOP OBSTRUCTIONISTS", CHAMPIONS OF THE 1%, WILL GOVERN NO MORE!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I thought Obama won.  Isn't it he who is taking us over the cliff?  After all, he's driving the bus.

I think that was your reasoning with Bush on economic matters...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought Obama won.  Isn't it he who is taking us over the cliff?  After all, he's driving the bus.

I think that was your reasoning with Bush on economic matters...

[/QUOTE]

One BIG problem is accountability; the dems/libs/progressives will always blame the others even when they are in charge!

It's" the world owes me a good life" mentality

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

THE RESULTING ECONOMIC RECESSION, HARDSHIP FOR THE MASSES, ETC.... WILL ENSURE THAT THESE IDIOT, "GOP OBSTRUCTIONISTS", CHAMPIONS OF THE 1%, WILL GOVERN NO MORE!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ignoramous.

The deficit spending is the problem.

Has your Messiah put any spending cuts on the table?

4 straight years of deficit spending has increased the national debt 5 trillion, Obama has increased the national debt in 4 years more than all of the previous administrations and Presidents combined.

Back to what Obama does best, class warfare.