Liar Liar Pants on fire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheWiredJournal. Show TheWiredJournal's posts

Liar Liar Pants on fire

A recent email exchange.....

Concerned Citizen

Dear Senator

I strongly urge you to approve and vote yes on the house continuing resolution 2013 bill passed by the house and is now before the senate that fully funds the government and protects the full credit of the United States but delays and de-funds the Affordable Care Act.  

You must understand that Obamacare is undermining American workers and selling out hard fought for union benefits. It is not fair for businesses to reduce workers' hours to survive. It is time to de-fund the affordable Care Act until such a time when it can be repealed and things can be straightened out and workers protected. I urge you please to delay funding for Obamacare now.

Sincerely

…..

Response from Senator Markey:

Thank you for contacting me about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and H.J. Res. 59 recently approved by the Senate. It was good to hear from you. 

In June of 2012, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that ACA is constitutional. This ruling is an historic victory for Americans across the country that will finally have much-needed healthcare security. ACA addresses our nation's growing healthcare costs, provides coverage for millions of previously uninsured Americans, and prevents insurance companies from denying coverage to those who need it most.

Under the ACA, Members of Congress and their staffs will be covered by exactly the same plans that will extend health insurance to millions of Americans next year. They will have to buy coverage in the same marketplaces that will begin enrolling new customers on October 1st. These marketplaces are expected to help 24 million uninsured Americans obtain coverage. 

If the government shuts down, hundreds of thousands of Massachusetts residents would have services and benefits shut off. 

Our seniors and the nearly 1.2 million recipients of Social Security in Massachusetts could be denied services because of the shutdown. And applications for new benefits would be delayed.

A shutdown could delay military pay and hurt military families. In Massachusetts, there are more than 3,000 active duty personnel, more than 15,000 Reserve and National Guard members and almost 7,000 civilians who would be affected by a shutdown. The Department of Defense estimates that during a shutdown nearly half of the civilian workforce would be sent home without pay, while the rest would continue to work for delayed pay. Service members would also stay on duty without pay.

For those receiving energy assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), the timing of federal funding is critical due to the upcoming winter. Any extended shutdown of the government this year could affect funding availability for the approximately 198,000 Massachusetts residents who receive this assistance. 

A government shutdown could force Head Start Centers around the country to close. During 2012, 29 Head Start programs throughout Massachusetts served approximately 16,500 children and families. Massachusetts Head Start programs were already reeling from funding reductions due to sequestration, with more than 2,000 kids estimated to have been removed from the program.

During the past 11 months, Massachusetts banks made more than 2,000 SBA loans worth more than $602 million to small businesses. A shutdown would put a stop to this critical source of small business credit until the government resumes operation.

The processing of new educational, pay, and pension benefits for the 394,000 Massachusetts veterans could be delayed. During the 1995-96 shutdowns, more than 400,000 veterans nationwide saw their disability benefits and pension claims delayed, while educational benefits were delayed for 170,000 veterans. 

Colleges could be unable to draw down and disburse to students any campus-based program awards such as work-study or the Federal Perkins Loan Program if the government shuts down on Tuesday. Last school year, 42,000 students in Massachusetts utilized work-study while Perkins impacted over 24,000 students in the Commonwealth.  

In a shutdown, the more than 400 National Park Service sites nationwide could close. This includes 18 sites in Massachusetts, including Faneuil Hall, John F. Kennedy's birthplace, the Adams National Historical Park, Salt Pond Visitor Center on Cape Cod, and Minute Man National Historical Park. 

After the Fiscal Year 1996 shutdown, a survey showed that over 20 percent federal contractors were affected and many employees of federal contractors reportedly were furloughed without pay. In Fiscal Year 2011, 5,430 Massachusetts businesses received approximately $16.7 billion in federal contracts. A shutdown similar to the one in 1996 could affect more than 1,000 Massachusetts businesses and their employees, delaying contract awards and furloughing employees.

Concerned Citizen’s response:

Senator, you claim,

"Under the ACA, Members of Congress and their staffs will be covered by exactly the same plans that will extend health insurance to millions of Americans next year. They will have to buy coverage in the same marketplaces that will begin enrolling new customers on October 1st. These marketplaces are expected to help 24 million uninsured Americans obtain coverage. "

Sir I Say Your Lying 

Because President Obama recently issued a special rule for Congress and congressional staff to get a special subsidy to purchase health insurance on the Obama care Exchange which is unavailable to every other American at similar income levels, means you will not be stung by the financial poison of this law as will the remainder of the American People

What this means is

Congress's health-care premiums will not rise, but the American people's will.

Members of Congress will be able to afford to keep their health-insurance plan, but the American people may be kicked off theirs.

Members of Congress will be able to afford to keep their doctors, but the American people will have to find a new one.

You sir are DESPICABLE

DEFUND THIS OBAMA MESS NOW OR START TYPING YOUR RESUME

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Liar Liar Pants on fire

What is amazing is how many knee-jerk liberals will run to defend this toad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

More BS

Congress is not exempt, and Congress will use the exchanges alongside the uninsured and small businesses, just as it required.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheWiredJournal. Show TheWiredJournal's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

More BS

Congress is not exempt, and Congress will use the exchanges alongside the uninsured and small businesses, just as it required.

Did I use the word Exempt? ...

Get A clue

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

More BS

What you ONCE AGAIN have left out is that they get $7,500 to $10,000 of it paid for by the taxpayers.

Private sector employess have no such coverage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

More BS

What you ONCE AGAIN have left out is that they get $7,500 to $10,000 of it paid for by the taxpayers.

I work in the private sector and most of my premium is covered by my employer.  Its called a benefit, and its part of my compensation package. 

Congress is getting an employment benefit, just like I do but it comes from taxpayers, who are their employer.

Did I really need to point this out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

More BS

I work in the private sector and most of my premium is covered by my employer.  Its called a benefit, and its part of my compensation package. 

Congress is getting an employment benefit, just like I do but it comes from taxpayers, who are their employer.

[/QUOTE]

The people beingthrown into the exchanges are reciieving no such benefit.

Try to follow the conversation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

More BS

The people being "thrown into the exchanges" is as statistically close to zero as you can get. 

Try to stay in reality.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

More BS

[/QUOTE]

We again have a point of agreement in as much as we seem to agree that elected officials should not have anything special regarding benefits. Furthermore, they should not be deciding their own pay or benefits.

I would add and wonder if you agree - congress (Senators and House members) should be the FIRST to lose pay and benefits if there is a shut down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

More BS

The people being "thrown into the exchanges" is as statistically close to zero as you can get. 

Try to stay in reality.

[/QUOTE]

is reality on your bucket list?

Here is a list of over 300 companies throwing their employees into the exchanges:

http://news.investors.com/politics-obamacare/093013-669013-obamacare-employer-mandate-a-list-of-cuts-to-work-hours-jobs.htm

add to that the tens of thousands of small companies that are throwing their employees onto the exchanges, it is far from insignificant.  Not close to zero at all.

but, if it was, then why do we need Obamacare?

can you liberals get on one side of the issue or the other?  If someone tells you a problem, you say no one is impacted. If someone points out a benefit, you say all will win from this.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

[QUOTE]

is reality on your bucket list?

Here is a list of over 300 companies throwing their employees into the exchanges:

http://news.investors.com/politics-obamacare/093013-669013-obamacare-employer-mandate-a-list-of-cuts-to-work-hours-jobs.htm

add to that the tens of thousands of small companies that are throwing their employees onto the exchanges, it is far from insignificant.  Not close to zero at all.

but, if it was, then why do we need Obamacare?

can you liberals get on one side of the issue or the other?  If someone tells you a problem, you say no one is impacted. If someone points out a benefit, you say all will win from this.

Geepers, not this again.

Why do you insist on reposting bullcrappe that not only is irrelevent but also supports the opposing argument?

There are 13 million firms or establishments all of sizes in the US with some form of a payroll.

That echo chamber you linked to, in their extensive research, have found 300 employers that say they are cutting hours because of ACA. And fully one half on that list are in the dreaded gov't sector.

So to summarize:

303 / 13 million equals 0.0023%

Ya, statistically ZERO!!!

[/QUOTE]

Facts aren't your strong suit, is it?

You left out the tens of thousands of small companies, maybe more, who are throwing people into the exchanges.

You also need to consider the millions being sent into the exhanges by virtue of being cut back to part time.

California expects to sign up a bit more than 5 million into the exhchanges.  Granted, that California is a big state, but do you think 50 million for the country is a reasonable estimate?  where do they come from?

50 million is not statistically insignificant.

But, again, if no one is going into the exchanges, why do we need them?  You fail the logic test on your own claim.

14. This post has been removed.