Liberal Hollywood Demands Clint Eastwood Give Back Oscars After His Controversial Convention Speech

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Liberal Hollywood Demands Clint Eastwood Give Back Oscars After His Controversial Convention Speech

But in trying to square the title with the content of this thread, was the controversy what DuncanOrange meant to discuss - a republican vs. democrat thing - or was it in whether Mr. Eastwood was all there, as has turned out to be the case since -- including on the republican television network?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Liberal Hollywood Demands Clint Eastwood Give Back Oscars After His Controversial Convention Speech

In response to Firewind's comment:

Again, he got 'em to the party, and he didn't outshine the host.

And thinking more about this w/r/t the DNC, as to the billed "keynote speaker", the first part of this mission will be the case, but not the second.  (Billed, as in Mr. Clinton.)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFefio's comment:

God bless Clint. How eloquent was he when he said there are conservatives in Hollywood. They just play it closer to the vest and don't HOTDOG IT like all the lefty gas bag actors and performers evwryone is sick of listening to. 

Yeah, I'm not sure anyone at the convention really understood his "Bob Newhartesque" skit. As much as I despise him, Carrot Top is a better prop comic than Eastwood. But then again, I realise a lot of old people have problems with their stool.

Saw the speech.  The word "eloquent" is not the adjective I would use.  "Muddled"... "Decrepid"... "Sad"...  They come to mind.  He's an old guy well past his prime.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

God bless Clint. How eloquent was he when he said there are conservatives in Hollywood. They just play it closer to the vest and don't HOTDOG IT like all the lefty gas bag actors and performers evwryone is sick of listening to. 

Saw the speech.  The word "eloquent" is not the adjective I would use.  "Muddled"... "Decrepid"... "Sad"...  They come to mind.  He's an old guy well past his prime.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure anyone at the convention really understood his "Bob Newhartesque" skit. As much as I despise him, Carrot Top is a better prop comic than Eastwood. But then again, I realise a lot of old people have problems with their stool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Arnold Schwarzenegger, the guy on Love Boat...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Who would actually think that a Hollywood actor's endorsement carried much weight?

It depends. Get it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

What is funny is the rights all time hero Ronny Raygun was president of these very people all you right wingers hate so much....remember the Screen Actors Guild 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Who would actually think that a Hollywood actor's endorsement carried much weight?

If Arnold can be voted in as governor of CA than that has to mean something.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You forgot, white-racist, NRA toting cretin.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

More re "liberal Hollywood":

http://curiosity.discovery.com/topic/culture-and-society/republicans-quiz.htm#mkcpgn=otbn1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Poor Clint. He couldn't have blown it worse.

Stuttering, losing his train of thought, wondering "where am I"?

Sounds like skeeter on any given night!

What was he thinkin'?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Poor Clint. He couldn't have blown it worse.

Stuttering, losing his train of thought, wondering "where am I"?

Sounds like skeeter on any given night!

What was he thinkin'?

[/QUOTE]

The nerve of Clint attacking the annointed one, no surprise at all the liberal outrage and sliming.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Where do you see the outrage here?  It may not be outrage among republicans, but most - present company apparently accepted - can't be as pleased with the outcome as democrats.  It was not a "Make my day" moment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Mr. Eastwood shot himself, in a Hollywood sort of way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

But he did get people to watch Mr. Romney, and he did not outshine him. 

Wait - strike that last part.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"...And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go."

Where was he in 2004?

Busy voting for someone who was doing the job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Mr. Eastwood shot himself, in a Hollywood sort of way.

[/QUOTE]

There is an example for you.

A lot of people thought that the talk with an empty chair aptly signifies what this President is.

As far as shooting himself in a hollywood sort of way I would say that he has harpooned his career no more than any of these idiot liberals who speak out far more than those on the right have.

Besides Clint is now a director who makes his own movies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

He is a fantastic director and actor when he directs himself and determines how many takes it will take, nowadays.

But in that moment, for that mission, we agree that he would have been better off not saying a word?  Just the empty chair.  And empty sound.  Would have gotten his point across.  Downhill from there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

He is a fantastic director and actor when he directs himself and determines how many takes it will take, nowadays.

But in that moment, for that mission, we agree that he would have been better off not saying a word?  Just the empty chair.  And empty sound.  Would have gotten his point across.  Downhill from there.

[/QUOTE]

This what I'm talking about.

The left in an attempt to dimiss Clint's message tries to portray him as out of it.

It's always the same with a critic of the left, they did pretty much the same thing to Zell Miller when he went against the liberals.

Ridiculed him on hardball, snl.

Right out of the same play book.

What Eastwood did was brilliant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

It's ok for Sean Pen to give man hugs to Hugo Chavez, or Baldwin to make all the comments he made about Bush. And the Dixie Chicks or Springsteen.

But one conservative celebrity speaks out and there is total media outrage.

He's lost his mind bla bla bla.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

If your whole point holds together, then you can't conclude that there has been outrage from the media or democrats or The Left.  How could there be?  And to my point, why would there be?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's ok for Sean Pen to give man hugs to Hugo Chavez, or Baldwin to make all the comments he made about Bush. And the Dixie Chicks or Springsteen.

But one conservative celebrity speaks out and there is total media outrage.

He's lost his mind bla bla bla.

[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the feeling you didn't see it and we're just getting a kneejerk wingnut response.