Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion

In Response to Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion:
    [QUOTE]LONDON — A group of four Islamic militants, all British citizens, admitted involvement on Wednesday in a conspiracy inspired by Al Qaeda to place a bomb in the toilets of the London Stock Exchange , part of a plot that, http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/world/europe/militants-admit-plan-to-bomb-london-stock-exchange.html?hp Oh. I guess we need to change our delusion. Next whine: Liberal media refuses to print the word Islam In giant, red, bolded, 72 point font. Might as well underline it too. Just to prove we really know they're muslims.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

You are such a putz, for every article like this one, there are fifty other instances both print and "on-air" where the Media avoids using the "I" word, or the "M" word.

Grow up and face the reality, m'kay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

I have to be honest, I really don't know what point the OP's trying to make. Are you offended the article mentions the word Islam or that the article didn't highlight it enough for your liking? Not ashamed to admit I'm utterly confused by the post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion:
    [QUOTE]Why do you think certain reports on Islamic terrorists  do not actually mention their religion. We all know that the terrorists are acting out of religious motives. Of course that does not mean that all people of that segment are terrorists. But why do some reposrts fail to mention their religion?
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You may have answered your own question.

In a story about terrorism, it may be more relevant to the perp's motivation and the known facts...

...than in a story, say, of a man killing/abusing his wife or children.

Indiscriminately assigning religious motives after-the-fact is a (dubious) matter of opinion and commentary, not reporting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : You may have answered your own question. In a story about terrorism, it may be more relevant to the perp's motivation and the known facts... ...than in a story, say, of a man killing/abusing his wife or children. Indiscriminately assigning religious motives after-the-fact is a (dubious) matter of opinion and commentary, not reporting.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Because Islam is the religion of peace, it just has trouble convincing its own followers of that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : You may have answered your own question. In a story about terrorism, it may be more relevant to the perp's motivation and the known facts... ...than in a story, say, of a man killing/abusing his wife or children. Indiscriminately assigning religious motives after-the-fact is a (dubious) matter of opinion and commentary, not reporting.

Sorry, I totally disagree, we have become so PC, especially since this President took over and refused to use the word terrorist until he was forced by his own advisors.

Stop avoiding the obvious, please.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : Because Islam is the religion of peace, it just has trouble convincing its own followers of that.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

There is no 'religion of peace.'

Many religions use the image of a guy nailed to a cross ....nice peaceful image, ain't it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : There is no 'religion of peace.' Many religions use the image of a guy nailed to a cross ....nice peaceful image, ain't it?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

So, is it or is it not a religion of peace?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : Sorry, I totally disagree, we have become so PC, especially since this President took over and refused to use the word terrorist until he was forced by his own advisors. Stop avoiding the obvious, please.......
    Posted by zippit[/QUOTE]

And what is "the obvious"...?   Other than another broadside against the craven media, I mean....

How much domestic violence happens in this country without the explicit mention of the perp's religion...?

Political correctness has been around for decades...well before Obama was elected.  And terrorists were "terrorists" long before they were called as such.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Better yet, does anyone care to post a faith-blind story about terrorism...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

How much domestic violence happens in this country without the explicit mention of the perp's religion...?

How many times in this country has anyone said "In the name of Allah I beat my wife"?

The terrorists who attacked the US and those terrorists who have vowed to kill all American's HAVE invoked their religion.

And political correctness today is light-years different than in the past. Not even close. It's at a whole new obnoxious level today

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]How much domestic violence happens in this country without the explicit mention of the perp's religion...? How many times in this country has anyone said "In the name of Allah I beat my wife"? The terrorists who attacked the US and those terrorists who have vowed to kill all American's HAVE invoked their religion. And political correctness today is light-years different than in the past. Not even close. It's at a whole new obnoxious level today
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

That's my point.  The so-called "honor killings" are themselves tropes used against muslims for discriminatory purposes.

I would argue that most domestic violence is a response against modernity and the increased role of women in society than of any religious dogma.  It's an act of dominance, not piety.

But then, I view ALL violence (and sexism) in the guise of ideology as abhorrent. 

And if it's more "obnoxious", then it's only because the offenders have kept apace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Better yet, does anyone care to post a faith-blind story about terrorism...?

Got any?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Better yet, does anyone care to post a faith-blind story about terrorism...?

Here's one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"The so-called "honor killings" are themselves tropes used against muslims for discriminatory purposes."

There is the answer. Progressives in the media view their role  from the prism of progressivism. They do not care  to provide the relevant facts, but deliberately spin the story to fit their progressive world view.
    Mentioning the Muslim word will incite the ignorant American public to discriminate, in their parochical view.
    They view their audience, the American public, with barely concealed disdain.
    Which is why their ratings are tanking.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : That's my point.  The so-called "honor killings" are themselves tropes used against muslims for discriminatory purposes. I would argue that most domestic violence is a response against modernity and the increased role of women in society than of any religious dogma.  It's an act of dominance, not piety. But then, I view ALL violence (and sexism) in the guise of ideology as abhorrent.  And if it's more "obnoxious", then it's only because the offenders have kept apace.

"It's an act of dominance, not piety"

It's an act of cowardice. Nothing more

"And if it's more "obnoxious", then it's only because the offenders have kept apace."

Haha...yeah...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : "It's an act of dominance, not piety" It's an act of cowardice. Nothing more "And if it's more "obnoxious", then it's only because the offenders have kept apace." Haha...yeah...
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Cowardice, too.

And yet the perp doesn't see it that way, because they're delusional...just like jihadists and 'honor killers' and other ideologically-bent blockheads.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]"The so-called "honor killings" are themselves tropes used against muslims for discriminatory purposes." There is the answer. Progressives in the media view their role  from the prism of progressivism. They do not care  to provide the relevant facts, but deliberately spin the story to fit their progressive world view. Mentioning the Muslim word will incite the ignorant American public to discriminate, in their parochical view. They view their audience, the American public, with barely concealed disdain. Which is why their ratings are tanking.
    Posted by BetheKoolaid[/QUOTE]

Maybe the issue of being Muslim was tangential to the honor killing.  Honor killings predate the main religous belief systems of our time.  They are rooted in a tribal need to control women.  These killings happen in the Mideast in Muslim societies, but also in India in Hindu societies. Lots of people adapt their religious beliefs to support other social norms. Religious texts are flexible and can be used as instruments of good and evil.  But such a nuanced view is beyond the understanding of most ideologues. Too much "gray".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : Maybe the issue of being Muslim was tangential to the honor killing.  Honor killings predate the main religous belief systems of our time.  They are rooted in a tribal need to control women.  These killings happen in the Mideast in Muslim societies, but also in India in Hindu societies. Lots of people adapt their religious beliefs to support other social norms. Religious texts are flexible and can be used as instruments of good and evil.  But such a nuanced view is beyond the understanding of most ideologues. Too much "gray".
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is because the religion, Islam, dictates the law in many muslim countries, sharia, and sharia law is not particularly strong in the honor killing area.

Just saying that when you have a religion dictate the legal system, and the legal system gives honor killing a pass, it says something about the religion.  Has to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : From the end of the reign of Constantine on, with the exception of Julian, the Christians mercilessly persecuted the Pagans (who of course had done the same to the Christians before). Christians have used their religion to lay waste to the Middle East (Crusades), Africa (mass murder in the name of conversion), South America (disease/conquest authorized by God), North America (disease/conquest authorized by God). Really, just about anywhere Christians have gone, blood has followed. It only stopped flowing over the last couple hundred years. Though I suppose there was that whole "Manifest Destiny" and slaughter-the-remaining-Indian business going on until the early 20th Century. Christianity gave all that a pass. Tens, nay, Hundreds of Millions slaughtered in the name of God. So on your own logic, the Christian religion is utterly evil. Almost infinitely more death and destruction was wrought in its name, then by the relatively recent uprising of fundamentalist jihad. I wonder whether skeeter will (1) admit that this reductio ad absurdum demonstrates the complete idiocy of his reasoning, or (2) say he was "joking" and run, (3) try to shift the goal posts.

Really off topic, are we not?  Christians in the past committed atrocities against groups of people, so it is OK that muslims kill their wives and daughters to preserve the family honor TODAY?  Show me how you make that connection.

Let's get back on track:

Show me the law in Christian dominated societies that approves of honor killings.  We already know that sharia law accepts/tolerates honor killing, so any
    Islam country under sharia law tolerates honor killing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : From the end of the reign of Constantine on, with the exception of Julian, the Christians mercilessly persecuted the Pagans (who of course had done the same to the Christians before). Christians have used their religion to lay waste to the Middle East (Crusades), Africa (mass murder in the name of conversion), South America (disease/conquest authorized by God), North America (disease/conquest authorized by God). Really, just about anywhere Christians have gone, blood has followed. It only stopped flowing over the last couple hundred years. Though I suppose there was that whole "Manifest Destiny" and slaughter-the-remaining-Indian business going on until the early 20th Century. Christianity gave all that a pass. Tens, nay, Hundreds of Millions slaughtered in the name of God. So on your own logic, the Christian religion is utterly evil. Almost infinitely more death and destruction was wrought in its name, then by the relatively recent uprising of fundamentalist jihad. I wonder whether skeeter will (1) admit that this reductio ad absurdum demonstrates the complete idiocy of his reasoning, or (2) say he was "joking" and run, (3) try to shift the goal posts.

To your last comments:

No, I will, however, reject your moving of the goals posts.  This thread is about honor killing, not the entire history of death and struggle.

As to the number killed:  funny how you claim that Christians killed the entire population of the world at the time.  This table might help you sort out fact from your unhinged anger:

TABLE 3.1
    Selected Pre-20th Century Democide and Totals1

CasesYears2Democide3Religious?

China221 B.C.-19 C.33,519,0004No
    Mongols14 C-15 C29,927,000No
    Slavery of Africans1451-187017,267,000No
    Amer-Indians16 C-19 C13,778,000No
    Thirty Years War1618-16485,750,000No
    In India13 C-1 9 C4,511,0005No
    In Iran5 C-19 C2,000,0004,5No
    Ottoman Empire12 C-19 C2,000,0005No
    In Japan1570-19 C1,500,0005No
    In Russia10 C-19 C1,007,0005No
    Christian Crusades1095-12721,000,000Yes
    AztecsCenturies1,000,0006Yes
    Spanish Inquisition16 C-18 C350,000Yes
    French Revolution1793-1794263,000No
    Albigensian Crusade1208-1249200,000Yes
    Witch Hunts15 C-17 C100,000Yes

Total For All Casespre-20 C133,147,0002,650,000
    Hypothetical Total30 C B.C.-19 C A.D.625,716,0007 

International war-related dead30 C B.C.-19 C A.D.40,457,0008 
    Plague dead (Black Death)541 A.D.-1912102,070,0009 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : As predicted, the miserable twit tried to change the goalposts. Try again twit: From the end of the reign of Constantine on, with the exception of Julian, the Christians mercilessly persecuted the Pagans (who of course had done the same to the Christians before). Christians have used their religion to lay waste to the Middle East (Crusades), Africa (mass murder in the name of conversion), South America (disease/conquest authorized by God), North America (disease/conquest authorized by God). Really, just about anywhere Christians have gone, blood has followed. It only stopped flowing over the last couple hundred years. Though I suppose there was that whole "Manifest Destiny" and slaughter-the-remaining-Indian business going on until the early 20th Century. Christianity gave all that a pass. Tens, nay, Hundreds of Millions slaughtered in the name of God. So on your own logic, the Christian religion is utterly evil. Almost infinitely more death and destruction was wrought in its name, then by the relatively recent uprising of fundamentalist jihad. I wonder whether skeeter will (1) admit that this reductio ad absurdum demonstrates the complete idiocy of his reasoning, or (2) say he was "joking" and run, (3) try to shift the goal posts.

What are you ADHD or something?

Funny how you change the goal posts, and I drive it back to  honor killing and sharia.  Yet you claim I changed the goal posts.

You are a Democrat, no doubt about that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : Really off topic, are we not?  Christians in the past committed atrocities against groups of people, so it is OK that muslims kill their wives and daughters to preserve the family honor TODAY?  Show me how you make that connection. Let's get back on track: Show me the law in Christian dominated societies that approves of honor killings.  We already know that sharia law accepts/tolerates honor killing, so any Islam country under sharia law tolerates honor killing.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Do you have an actual citation that connects Sharia law specifically to honor killing?  And please do not use as a resource someone who feverishly thinks America is being "Islamicized".    

There are a lot of scripture in all faiths that can be misused to cause harm. There is some in your own Bible: the message on witches was responsible for the death of thousands. Does that make Christianity responsible?  Only if you ignore the central message of the faith. Same with Islam on this issue.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberal Media Never Mentions Terrorist's Religion : Exactly. Changing the goal posts. If a religion excuses killing, it says somethign about the religion. Christianity excused the massacring of hundreds of millions because they were heretics or heathens. And you want to pretend that Islam is the only religion that has been invoked to excuse killling? And you actually wonder why everyone thinks your are a contempible liar?

Funny, I don't see any mention of Christian killing in the article, but please, continue with your fantasy that the two issues are equivalent:  One done by people dead by centuries, the other done to his own family, and he lives among us today.

What's this game you are playing?  Who ever complains about moving the goal posts is right?  You are moving the goal posts, I'm on point.  grow up.