Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1...

Someone sent this in an email to me. Thought it might be fun to watch some of the resident Lefties have a hissy fit....: )

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for
    Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans,
    blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want
    steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
    Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test
    recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and
    piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get
    tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
    You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
    "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be
    inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
    own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or
    you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of
    trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
    will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
    and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of
    the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before
    you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem,"
    consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for
    doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least
    attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
    rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is
    correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will
    voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t
    welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1...

By that kind of cowpie logic, anyone on social security, medicare or medicaid would be ineligible to vote...hence cancelling out all of those reliably voting seniors.

But should we be surprised this comes from texas with its dismal rates of poverty and uninsured.  Nice to know they forget their most vulnerable citizens when the state is supposedly booming economically. So they kick them when times are tough, and kick them again when times are good.  

Conservatives must be very proud of themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

And there you have it. Thanks matty....right on cue ; )

Love how somethingfrom one person (and probably a fake letter btw) gets interpreted as "they"...typical

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Though over the top to make it's point I agree with the general premise.  The writing appears to cover general welfare/housing not SS and Medicare. I'm all for ensuring that government money is spent on what it was intended for; food stamps or the equivalent program should be for basic food stuffs, not junk nor high end products, alcohol or cigarettes.  I support the idea of drug testing for people receiving aid and yes people should be held fully accountable for the condition of their public housing.

The concept of workfare or the requirement to provide some type of work for receiving public assistance is also sound; as a matter of fact I would think it would add dignity to people receiving a public assistance check because they earned it.

Receiving public assistance is not a crime so the forfeiting a vote clause is moot, but I do understand where the feeling comes from when you consider that close to 50% of the country is not paying federal income taxes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

so some clown goes off on a tangent and its worthy of a thread?

i think pinko is a bit crazy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1...:
    [QUOTE]so some clown goes off on a tangent and its worthy of a thread? i think pinko is a bit crazy
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how much you missed the point of the thread. Ironically you did play into it though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1... : It's amazing how much you missed the point of the thread. Ironically you did play into it though.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]
    ok, well continue with the crazy stereotypes mr pinko crazy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]And there you have it. Thanks matty....right on cue ; ) Love how somethingfrom one person (and probably a fake letter btw) gets interpreted as "they"...typical

As you say:

"Love how something from one person (and probably a fake letter btw) gets interpreted as "they"...typical"

Pot. Kettle. Tool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Still playing into it. Thanks for not disappointing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Still playing into it. Thanks for not disappointing!
    my head doesnt explode from ignorant rants from stupid people

if it had...my head would have exploded many, many times already

but take comfort in that your stupidity on the internet is forever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

So the writer is a fascist, then?  Lets quickly dissect this.

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for
    Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans,
    blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

So the government should be in charge of dictating nutrition to those who receive assistance?  Didn’t Sarah Palin warn of this when Michelle Obama launched her campaign against childhood obesity?   But when it comes to those lazy poors, the government should be involved with the daily decisions of what people eat?  

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
    Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test
    recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and
    piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get
    tats and piercings, then get a job.

Forced sterilization?  Not to pull a Godwin, but isn’t that what the Nazi’s did?  So its okay for the government to decide what people eat and whether or not they can have children?  So much for small government!  Oh but wait...we aren't talking about real people...just "those people" (wink wink)

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
    You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
    "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be
    inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
    own place.

Now we see full on where the author is going.  He isn't advocating reform, he is advocating fascism.  It seems this “patriot” would love nothing more than to live in a place that is distinctly not America.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or
    you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of
    trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
    will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
    and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Ah yes, dog whistling at its finest.  The author would be surprised by the demographics of those who are on public assistance.  But he is just making sure the right people understand that he isn't talking about them, he is talking about those "others". 

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of
    the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before
    you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem,"
    consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

Dear sir, you’ve not violated rights, you’ve simply taken them away.  Perhaps its time to read the constitution?  I know those filthy poors with their rims and loud stereos are lesser people than yourself, but what is being advocated here is simply a destruction of the American model, plain and simple.  For reference see the Soviet Union and Nazi era Germany. 

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least
    attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
    rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

Like how we reward the banks for tanking the economy, like how we ignore the blatant white collar cheats who defraud investors reap millions and pay no penalty for liquidating the assets of regular citizens?  The off shore bank accounts that rob the country of revenue?  We aren't talking about people who make bad choices, this is directly primarily at the poor. 

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will
    voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t
    welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Hahahaha, this guy is a gem.  So in these hard economic times, all those people who lost their jobs due to off shoring, or the recession would be disenfranchised simply because a handful greedy executives ran the companies into the ground?

Honestly this type of stupidity should be upsetting to everyone.  It’s a vast expansion of government into the lives of the individual and it imposes a system of tyranny that would make Stalin blush.  This is autocratic nonsense, the dreams of the authoritarian loving masochists who would gladly submit to a nightstick being shoved up their rear end and being paraded around as the worlds most human lollipop if they thought it would help stick it to those lazy, good for nothing, poors.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1... : As you say: "Love how something from one person (and probably a fake letter btw) gets interpreted as "they"...typical" Pot. Kettle. Tool.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

You mean how I made a point to say "some"

"Thought it might be fun to watch some of the resident Lefties have a hissy fit....: )"

Guess ya missed that eh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1... : my head doesnt explode from ignorant rants from stupid people if it had...my head would have exploded many, many times already but take comfort in that your stupidity on the internet is forever
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Oh but it has. Thanks again!

Psst....wasn't meant to be a serious thread. It was meant to show how some on the Left take threads like this WAY too serious!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1... : Oh but it has. Thanks again! Psst....wasn't meant to be a serious thread. It was meant to show how some on the Left take threads like this WAY too serious!
    because i find blatent stupidity to be an unbecoming trait

and the more its accepted

the more we all lose

congrats...let me guess you think teacher's unions have too many demands

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Hahaha....jimmy taking himself way to serious...sad...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Hahaha....jimmy taking himself way to serious...sad...
    glad you got your giggles

but you are still stupid

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

You're the one who keeps playing into my point so....seems like you're the stupid one. Almost too easy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

So the government should be in charge of dictating nutrition to those who receive assistance?  Didn’t Sarah Palin warn of this when Michelle Obama launched her campaign against childhood obesity?   But when it comes to those lazy poors, the government should be involved with the daily decisions of what people eat?  

- So who do you agree with, Michelle Obama or Sarah Palin?

Forced sterilization?  Not to pull a Godwin, but isn’t that what the Nazi’s did?  So its okay for the government to decide what people eat and whether or not they can have children?  So much for small government!  Oh but wait...we aren't talking about real people...just "those people" (wink wink

Actually Margaret Sanger advocated for forced sterilization as did many other liberals from the Progressive Movement of the early 1900's. Actually I think that temporary birth control (Norplant lasts about 5 years) is a good thing, but if your thing is to produce more single teenage moms....

Like how we reward the banks for tanking the economy, like how we ignore the blatant white collar cheats who defraud investors reap millions and pay no penalty for liquidating the assets of regular citizens?  The off shore bank accounts that rob the country of revenue?  We aren't talking about people who make bad choices, this is directly primarily at the poor. 

White collar crime doesn't get prosecuted? News to me....and anyone else who follows the news from time to time.  

Hahahaha, this guy is a gem.  So in these hard economic times, all those people who lost their jobs due to off shoring, or the recession would be disenfranchised simply because a handful greedy executives ran the companies into the ground?

I agree with you on this one. No legal citizen should have their voting rights taken away if they are on welfare.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1... : Oh but it has. Thanks again! Psst....wasn't meant to be a serious thread. It was meant to show how some on the Left take threads like this WAY too serious!

"threads like this"? maybe.

you, otoh? never.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liberals heads explode in 3...2...1... : You mean how I made a point to say "some" "Thought it might be fun to watch some of the resident Lefties have a hissy fit....: )" Guess ya missed that eh?

Wait...you made a point?

I thought you were just posting garbage in an attempt to distract from your lack of originality.

My mistake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

My point was that there would be some Lefties who would have a fit over this thread. And I was right. It's an over-the-top email that I posted.
    Obviously it shouldn't be taken serious. But ya did....just as I suspected. Thanks!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

- So who do you agree with, Michelle Obama or Sarah Palin?

This isn’t an issue of who I agree with, but rather the role of government.  On one hand a program that creates awareness by advising kids to make better food choices is fine, our kids are fat.  But that is a far stones throw away from mandating what people can eat.  The argument the author is making is essentially “give the gruel and nothing else”

Actually Margaret Sanger advocated for forced sterilization as did many other liberals from the Progressive Movement of the early 1900's. Actually I think that temporary birth control (Norplant lasts about 5 years) is a good thing, but if your thing is to produce more single teenage moms....

What relevance does early 1900’s social thought have to do with now? That period wasn’t exactly the peak of rational thinking.  For example, back then doctors still used hand cranked dildos to treat women with hysteria.  That’s right, medically sanctioned sexual abuse.  At any rate, like the above question, this is one of government responsibility and forcibly sterilizing people is not something the government should be involved with.  We'd have to tear up our most sacred founding documents to do that. 

White collar crime doesn't get prosecuted? News to me....and anyone else who follows the news from time to time.  

How many CEO’s have been prosecuted for fraud as a result of the 2008 financial crisis?  Goldman got a 500 million dollar fine for selling investors an opportunity that they knew was designed to fail, they did not disclose that fact to the investors, nor did they disclose they had side bets against the same investment so that they made money no matter what happened.  JP Morgan did the same and got a 150 million dollar fine.  Magenatar, the hedge fund out of Illinois, practically fueled the housing bubble by creating investments out of crap mortgages, and then bet against them, while not disclosing any of this to clients because of a legal loophole.  Where are those prosecutions?  Unprecedented levels of fraud were perpetrated and the best we can show for it is going after some low level doche named “Fabulous Fab”When do the real heads roll?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

gotta say pink you do have a point there....

Conehead Wig

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]My point was that there would be some Lefties who would have a fit over this thread. And I was right. It's an over-the-top email that I posted. Obviously it shouldn't be taken serious. But ya did....just as I suspected. Thanks!

Its a real letter that was submitted to a local paper in Waco Texas.  The author is a retired military vet.  That said, clearly his ideas are absurd.  But its still an interesting piece for discussion, not because "heads will explode" but there is a certain pathology in terms of how the author has clearly defined perceptions of who is good and who is not.  And this is true for most of the "common sense" and telling it like is" types of emails that get forwarded around where the overriding aim is to punish "those people" and in this case subjugate them to a lower caste by the force of the government. 

Sections
Shortcuts