Library Dedication for W

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Library Dedication for W

In response to bigdog2's comment:

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Well, there is this:

Putin says Russia had nothing to offer on Tsarnaev brothers

MOSCOW — President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that, “to our great regret,” Russian security services lacked any operative information on the Tsarnaev brothers that they could have shared with their American counterparts.

Russian officials had raised concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev with the FBI in 2011 and later that year also with the CIA. But analysts here doubt that Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) was warning the Americans; more likely, they say, it was acting out of worry that Tsarnaev might join an underground group in the strife-torn Russian region of Dagestan during a visit there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/putin-says-russia-had-nothing-to-offeron-tsarnaev-brothers/2013/04/25/8bbc5bae-adbc-11e2-a986-eec837b1888b_story.html?hpid=z1

Hmmmmmm..................

Well there`s this:

EXCLUSIVE: Saudi Arabia 'warned the United States IN WRITING about Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012'

• Saudis developed intelligence separately from Russia, which also warned the U.S. about the accused Boston bomber
    • A letter to the Department of Homeland Security allegedly named Tsarnaev and three Pakistanis as potential jihadis worthy of U.S. investigation
    • Red flags from Saudi Arabia to have included Tsarnaev's name and information about a planned explosive attack on a major U.S. city
    • Saudi foreign minister, national security chief both met with Obama in the oval office in early 2013

Sounds eerily similar to the complaints from the left on how Bush ignored the pre-911 intelligence.

But, no worries! Obama's not to blame for this, but Bush is to blame for 911.

One must admire how progressives circle the wagon around "their guy" , no matter what.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

I

Do you watch FOX?   I do, along with lot`s of CNN and yes, even some MSNBC.  Funny I`ve never seen the things you say are on FOX, ever.  Maybe you know better than I do.  I only have it on in one of the offices here all day.  CNN in the cafe, and at night I have to watch Rachel Maddow for my daily dose of left-hate towards anyone that disagrees.

This explains...so much....

Cable news, i.e., "infotainment", is bad for you...like deep-fried butter.

Wow...that's a lot of television to watch in one day. Perhaps the poster should step away from the television once in a while. Too much cable news is bad for you.

That being said..it seems like Bigdog is someone who expect a zero sum game when it comes to the art of intelligence. I am satisfied with the way things have been handled. Sometimes in the intelligence community things go wrong..and the results are disastrous..but then you go back and evaluate..learn from the situation and adjust processes going forward. That is how logical-thinking people operate.

Keep in mind that we never hear about the successes in the intelligence community..which far outnumber the failures. Nothing is perfect..and expecting our intelligence to be 100 percent perfect is like expecting Ortiz to hit a home run every time he steps up to the plate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I

Do you watch FOX?   I do, along with lot`s of CNN and yes, even some MSNBC.  Funny I`ve never seen the things you say are on FOX, ever.  Maybe you know better than I do.  I only have it on in one of the offices here all day.  CNN in the cafe, and at night I have to watch Rachel Maddow for my daily dose of left-hate towards anyone that disagrees.

This explains...so much....

Cable news, i.e., "infotainment", is bad for you...like deep-fried butter.

Wow...that's a lot of television to watch in one day. Perhaps the poster should step away from the television once in a while. Too much cable news is bad for you.

That being said..it seems like Bigdog is someone who expect a zero sum game when it comes to the art of intelligence. I am satisfied with the way things have been handled. Sometimes in the intelligence community things go wrong..and the results are disastrous..but then you go back and evaluate..learn from the situation and adjust processes going forward. That is how logical-thinking people operate.

Keep in mind that we never hear about the successes in the intelligence community..which far outnumber the failures. Nothing is perfect..and expecting our intelligence to be 100 percent perfect is like expecting Ortiz to hit a home run every time he steps up to the plate.

At a minimum I would expect that on Sept.11th, a day that we should be on the highest alert, our intelligence should be somewhat aware of calculated, coordinated, attacks by al Queda at our embassy around the world.  9/11/2012 was an intelligence failure and 4 people died.

have US embassy's been attacked every year since 9/11?

More and more evidence is coming about Boston.  This will prove (already has) to be an intelligence failure too.

If you`re "sastified" with American deaths by fanatics due to these failures, well, we disagree.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The GOP blames him, too, or didn't anyone notice the big hole in their convention last year where W. should have been...?

By any objective measure, George W. Bush directly impacted the '06 and '08 elections - and indirectly the '12 race - to the detriment of the GOP...who formerly had the White House, Senate and House locked up for 6 years.

Bush deserves credit for attempting to make some important domestic policies a priority and trying to soften the gop's harsh image, but while his heart was in it most of the time, his head was somewhere else.

That is only indicative of the lefts success in running not on their candidates accomplishment but, on the blame and character assasination of the previous POTUS.

That is shamefully the way candidates of both parties run now!

Their slogan should be  "Dont look into what I have accomplished; look at how bad I make him look"!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

9/11/2012 was an intelligence failure and 4 people died.

Because embassies were attacked on:

9/11/2011

9/11/2010

9/11/2009

9/11/2008

9/11/2007

9/11/2006

9/11/2005

9/11/2004

9/11/2003

9/11/2002

Right?

And no attacks happened under Bush's watch? And if they did, you were here blaming Bush, the GOP, and all conservatives?

Right?

hut up already....    the deliberate stupidity is odious.

Spin much? Most important element: First sitting U.S. ambassador to be killed in office since 1979.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

+1

Yah, nice try.

There was plenty of outrace.  The left, however, seems overly invested in minimizing the current state of terorism, can't even call it that.  Spend all their time air-brushing the issue, the terorists are only kids, home-grown lone wolves.  I think the left needs to get a grip and stop defending the indefensible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

+1

Yah, nice try.

There was plenty of outrace.  The left, however, seems overly invested in minimizing the current state of terorism, can't even call it that.  Spend all their time air-brushing the issue, the terorists are only kids, home-grown lone wolves.  I think the left needs to get a grip and stop defending the indefensible.

Given their crimes,  I could care less how old they are. Regardless, this is known as confusing the context & issues intentionally, or double-talk, which is done by the desperate.

Sometimes it's better to just keep quiet. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Funny. I saw this similar pic but with Obama instead of Bush

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Funny. I saw this similar pic but with Obama instead of Bush

Hey you got to have a sense of humor !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Wow, that's quite the 20 person terrorist cell you lied about.

3 college kids charged with obstruction, after the fact.

Why would these "college kids" go to the bombers room, remove his laptop, a bag with empty explosives and other items and then lie about it to authorities?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Wow, that's quite the 20 person terrorist cell you lied about. 

3 college kids charged with obstruction, after the fact.

Why would these "college kids" go to the bombers room, remove his laptop, a bag with empty explosives and other items and then lie about it to authorities?

[QUOTE]

A) Because they're stupid college kids trying to protect a friend;

B) Because they're terrists.

Let it play out.

There are many instances in which family members/spouses help cover-up what a relative has done without actually being involved in plotting the crime. It's called "accessory after the fact."

I agree with "let it play out" and Im not convicting them and will demand they get due process.

However it strikes me as unbelievable that grown adults (which is what they really are NOT "kids") would, after knowing about the attack and savage murder of innocent men, women and children try to help hide the evidence against the perpetrators just because they were "friends".

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

However it strikes me as unbelievable that grown adults (which is what they really are NOT "kids") would, after knowing about the attack and savage murder of innocent men, women and children try to help hide the evidence against the perpetrators just because they were "friends".

I agree.

But then, stranger or stupider things have happened. Per the globe, one of these kids apparently also had a license plate, "terrorista #1" and the father said it was a "joke"

(Can you even get an official license plate that long?)

The kid's father is saying it's some kind of hispanic joke( the license plate). I am going to have to ask about that at the office tomorrow.

I agree to wait to see how it plays out. I think they are just a couple of "not too bright"  college kids. What's more important news is that the FBI now has Suspect #2's laptop. I hope it's loaded with information..lol

I think one thing that might come out of all of this is taking a closer look at student visas.

25. This post has been removed.