Libyan Embassy Attack: Obama Administration ignored warnings 48 hours before the attack

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Libyan Embassy Attack: Obama Administration ignored warnings 48 hours before the attack

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

msobstinate only understands picturebooks?

[/QUOTE]

People like you on the left laugh, and Americans are dying.  You don't even care enough to investigate whether or not Obama knew something and didn't act.  Sick pup.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Libyan Embassy Attack: Obama Administration ignored warnings 48 hours before the attack

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

msobstinate only understands picturebooks?

[/QUOTE]

People like you on the left laugh, and Americans are dying.  You don't even care enough to investigate whether or not Obama knew something and didn't act.  Sick pup.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, the best way to 'investigate' is on an anonymous board,  posting spurious charges from trolling wingnut websites while ignoring the statements your elected representatives on the HoR Intelligence Committee.

Sicker pup.

[/QUOTE]

"According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

I'm finding the brits are doing the reporting that the U.S. liberal media won't do.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What you're finding are one sentence blurbs that align with your ignorant ideology, no matter the veracity of the source.

What you're missing are the statements by elected officials from your own party stating, on the record, that those blurbs are lies.

What is obvious is that your ideological ignorance, rather than substantive facts, fuels your opinions.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-MI)

BLITZER: Was there any chatter as they say or any indication that something like this was about to happen at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi?

ROGERS: You know, we didn't get the warning you would hope to get in an event like this, so we could have prevented the loss of life, and you know, with a horrible tragedy for losing a U.S. ambassador Mr. Stevens. We think that we'll be able to go back and take a look. Again, we're going to rescrub all of that.

That's what unfortunately we'll need to do to make sure that we didn't miss anything. But I don't believe so. I don't believe there was some smoking gun that was missed leading up to this. And there wasn't that kind of chatter that would lead you to believe that this event was happening on this day with this specific target.

I didn't see anything like that. I don't think our intelligence services have.

[/QUOTE]

Yah, right.

Face it, Angry, once again you are on the wrong side of the facts, and on the wrong side of history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

skeeter20, do you stand on the side of the OP?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I guess we've come a long way since 9/11. American citizens were killed and instead of looking to the murders to cast blame..we are casting blame on our President, our military, and our defense. The fringe on this site miss no opportunity to politize even the saddest of tragedies...talk about a blatant lack of respect. Even the mainstream conservatives understand how these things work.

As far as Newtster's source..The Independent has a long history of criticizing US foreign policy and US foreign relations..and well ..the US in general. They were doing it long before the Obama administration..and in fact were highly critical of Bush on a near daily basis. Simply put..they just aren't fans of our policies. They strongly opposed the war in Iraq.

I doubt you'll see our friend Newtster referring to any of the anti- Bush headlines issued by The Independent..but like I said..any opportunity by those fringe wingers to take a shot.

Have to love the Monday morning quarterbacking by people who know next to nothing about foreign relations.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

really - they had 48 hours notice?  I would have thought they had 11 years notice.

Isn't every 9/11 a cause for concern?  Particularly in the same year when we got Osama and the number 2 guy in Al Qaeda.

I guess Bush's approach to Al Qaeda was the safe approach - and the one obviously preferred by the righties - Leave Al Qaeda alone and hope they leave us alone.  No wonder W went after Iraq instead of going after the people responsible for 9/11.

Should have known for all their tough talk, the righties want to tuck tail and ran when the opposition fights back - just like Ronald Reagan did when he let those Marines get killed the terrorists backed by the Iranians, the same guys he was making secret deals with.

4 Foreign service workers are killed by Al Qaeda and the righties show 10 times the outrage at Obama than they ever did at Bush for 9/11.  I guess this is just another instance where the bar for Obama is set so much higher than for Bush.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

skeeter20, do you stand on the side of the OP?

[/QUOTE]

Who be the OP?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

really - they had 48 hours notice?  I would have thought they had 11 years notice.

Isn't every 9/11 a cause for concern?  Particularly in the same year when we got Osama and the number 2 guy in Al Qaeda.

I guess Bush's approach to Al Qaeda was the safe approach - and the one obviously preferred by the righties - Leave Al Qaeda alone and hope they leave us alone.  No wonder W went after Iraq instead of going after the people responsible for 9/11.

Should have known for all their tough talk, the righties want to tuck tail and ran when the opposition fights back - just like Ronald Reagan did when he let those Marines get killed the terrorists backed by the Iranians, the same guys he was making secret deals with.

4 Foreign service workers are killed by Al Qaeda and the righties show 10 times the outrage at Obama than they ever did at Bush for 9/11.  I guess this is just another instance where the bar for Obama is set so much higher than for Bush.

[/QUOTE]

Twisted logic.  And, yes, Bush went after alqueda.  Where do you think the inteligence to get bin laden came from?  Joe Biden, the foriegn policy expert?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Yes, yes, yes.  We know that the Bush Admin liked to water board people they said were terrorists, but how many al Qaeda leaders did they kill or capture?

And Skeeter, are you saying that Bush had information about Osama's where abouts and didn't act?  Well, we know he failed to do anything to capture Osama at Tora Bora.

Bush had 2 opportunities to get Bin Laden and failed.  Obama got him on the first attempt.

More leaders of al Qaeda have been killed in the 3 years Obama has been President than in the 8 years of the Bush Presidency and many times fewer Americans have been killed by AlQaeda.

I guess we know who is more effective in the war on terror.

Yes, yes, yes, Bush isn't running for President.  Romney is. But Mittens is using a lot of the same advisors on foreign policy as Bush - as evidenced by the ham fisted way Mitt dealt with Egypt and Libya.

One new name on the list of foreign policy advisors - Keary Healy.  She ought to bring a lot of experience to the table.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]OK, Newtster, we can try this again:  Do you stand by this title and post?

And to others who might be inclined to answer the OP: Look closely at what he says first.[/QUOTE]

skeeter20, the OP was Newtster, and this is why I asked.  Again, do you hold with the OP?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

OP = Original Poster and/or Post

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes.  We know that the Bush Admin liked to water board people they said were terrorists, but how many al Qaeda leaders did they kill or capture?

And Skeeter, are you saying that Bush had information about Osama's where abouts and didn't act?  Well, we know he failed to do anything to capture Osama at Tora Bora.

Bush had 2 opportunities to get Bin Laden and failed.  Obama got him on the first attempt.

More leaders of al Qaeda have been killed in the 3 years Obama has been President than in the 8 years of the Bush Presidency and many times fewer Americans have been killed by AlQaeda.

Yes, yes, yes, Bush isn't running for President.  Romney is. But Mittens is using a lot of the same advisors on foreign policy as Bush - as evidenced by the ham fisted way Mitt dealt with Egypt and Libya.

One new name on the list of foreign policy advisors - Keary Healy.  She ought to bring a lot of experience to the table.

[/QUOTE]

"And Skeeter, are you saying that Bush had information about Osama's where abouts and didn't act?"

That was Clinton.

"Bush had 2 opportunities to get Bin Laden and failed."

Really?  When.

"Obama got him on the first attempt."

Really?  How do you know that?  You do know that he knew of Osama's location for over six months, and refused to act.  You do know that, don't you?

The only reason Obama has a good record on alqueda is that his continued Bush's policies.

As far as Romney's statement, it was good, and presdential. but, that's not the issue:

OUR EMBASSIES WERE BURNING, OUR FLAG DESTROYED, OUR PEOPLE KILLED, AND OBAMA WENT TO VEGAS TO ATTEND A FUND RAISER.

Yah, he cares.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Bin Laden had been in his compound in Pakistan for six years.  Obama inherited a cold trail.  Anyboday who gives any credit to the Bush administration has his head up his Romney.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess we've come a long way since 9/11. American citizens were killed and instead of looking to the murders to cast blame..we are casting blame on our President, our military, and our defense. The fringe on this site miss no opportunity to politize even the saddest of tragedies...talk about a blatant lack of respect. Even the mainstream conservatives understand how these things work.

As far as Newtster's source..The Independent has a long history of criticizing US foreign policy and US foreign relations..and well ..the US in general. They were doing it long before the Obama administration..and in fact were highly critical of Bush on a near daily basis. Simply put..they just aren't fans of our policies. They strongly opposed the war in Iraq.

I doubt you'll see our friend Newtster referring to any of the anti- Bush headlines issued by The Independent..but like I said..any opportunity by those fringe wingers to take a shot.

Have to love the Monday morning quarterbacking by people who know next to nothing about foreign relations.

[/QUOTE]

"I doubt you'll see our friend Newtster referring to any of the anti- Bush headlines issued by The Independent.."

It's always about Bush wit hyou liberal wackos.  Newsflash:  Bush isn't President, isn't runnign for president, and has zero impact on Obama's Arab Spring foriegn policy.

I know it is tough to stay in the present when the perosn responsible, Obama, is proving to be a dissapointment, but this constantly going back to Bush on everyhting has got to stop.  give your guy some credit and responsibility.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bin Laden had been in his compound in Pakistan for six years.  Obama inherited a cold trail.  Anyboday who gives any credit to the Bush administration has his head up his Romney.

[/QUOTE]

Cold trail?  I think you are ignoring the evidence.  That "cold trail" was an effort started under the Bush administration, continued by Obama.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is hillarious to hear the left talk about this in body counts.  Simply hillarious.

Healy has a significant amount fo foreign policy experience, particularly in the 'stans.

But, then again, you think Hillary had a significant amount of foriegn policy experience.

Sections
Shortcuts