Limbaugh says it's time to turn off Fox News

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Limbaugh says it's time to turn off Fox News

HBO is starting its second season of a show called "The Newsroom" on Sunday.

I know it is fiction, but it is based in reality. It attempts first to press the idea that media really does matter. That a well informed electorate is essential for democracy to work. That media cannot, should not be influenced by ratings, by advertisers, etc.

It takes shots at all the major outlets...Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc. Then it goes on to do the news with a different template.  A template that none of the outlets are following today.

HBO Sig is showing the 1st season this week. Also available on Infinity On Demand.

It is certainly how I would want my news done on TV if that was an available choice.

The anchor is an out of the closet registered Republican. All decisions for the rundown are made by him and the executive producer. Period.

No leaning right or left. No pandering to the sensational. 

Great cast does not hurt. Great writing. 

If you do watch TV, IMO this is worth watching. Would be great if then we could push the real life outlets to provide the news the same way. 

Most of us here read a lot more than the average American voter. So, I think a news show like that...or more than one...would help with those who are only willing to devote a small amount of time to following the news. A lot less low information, misinformed voters is a good thing for a democracy to work properly.

And let us get real. A lot of those voters do not read newspapers or Google for their news. A passive source like TV is the best bet to reach them. Then maybe we can start having more intelligent national conversations on the important issues...not the nonsense issues. That will hopefully lead to something better than we have going on now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

Highly educated, high income, informed, tax-paying, homeowners would put signs in their yards............Romney and Brown signs.  

We are all of those things and yet our ample, well-maintained front lawn was signless.

So maybe Brown/Romney voters are just bigger showoffs....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

And some people here are confusing journalists with broadcasters.  Big difference.

Therein lies the discord....

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."  - GC

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

Highly educated, high income, informed, tax-paying, homeowners would put signs in their yards............Romney and Brown signs.  

We are all of those things and yet our ample, well-maintained front lawn was signless.

So maybe Brown/Romney voters are just bigger showoffs....

"So maybe Brown/Romney voters are just bigger showoffs"

Or they knew the impending disaster if this incompetent fool was re-elected and they used their front lawns as a desperate plea.  Unfortunately, for America, we had/have the misinformed and uneducated that cannot read a lawn sign.

[/QUOTE]

More correlation without causation, i.e. faulty logic.

As if a lawn sign for any candidate ever proved anything of the sort.

Just like ratings say diddly-squat about TV news' "journalistic credibility", when 90% of their programming is comprised of opinion, not reportage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]

"(Meanwhile, has Fox ever said anything positive about Obama?"

O`Reilly!  Every day. Now you`ve proven that you don`t watch, never have, and have no business in this discussion.

Your opinion that O'Reilly says something positive about Obama every day proves that I have never watched Fox News?

Or were you just running your mouth again?

I know because I watch. 

[/QUOTE]

Another fallacy.

The nature of confirmation bias doesn't give much incentive to dispute the source even if it's your own eyes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

I know it's only a Fox "affiliate", but it's funny in a bad way.......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sat3m3cj-u8

jed,

Yes, it was funny in a bad way.

I swear at this point the defenders of Fox News have them right up there with the few journalists who deserve the kind of accolades they are giving them. Murrow, Cronkite, Huntly, Brinkly, Reasoner to name a few off the top of my head.

I have watched Fox News and it does not remotely resemble the news as reported by the above journalists.

Their defenders would have us believe they are delivering the unvarnished truth. What else can be said? It just is not so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

He gives Obama credit for good things he does every day.

As the younger generation would say: O.M.G.

You're going to get offended because I  incorporate an exaggeration in asking a rhetorical question aimed at Fox's clear bias: Meanwhile, has Fox ever said anything positive about Obama?

And then you're going to exaggerate yourself and say that O'Reilly gives Obama credit "every day?"

If you're going to enforce perfect literalness, at least apply it to yourself.

And if you're going to pretend Fox News on the whole (O'Reilly is not all of Fox News) is some neutral balanced media source, you are going to get laughed off the thread.

This is simple, really: Fox News is biased to the right, CNN and others are biased to the left, and they're all garbage anyway.

You'd inform yourself much better with a spread of print sources that are biased in different directions.

I think it is fair to say that all news outlets have a bias.  Most, if not all, do not pretend to have a balance.  I think most of the new is so far to the left that Fox News looks terribly conservative, which it is not.  It is closer to the middle than most.  Slightly right, but not much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He gives Obama credit for good things he does every day.

As the younger generation would say: O.M.G.

You're going to get offended because I  incorporate an exaggeration in asking a rhetorical question aimed at Fox's clear bias: Meanwhile, has Fox ever said anything positive about Obama?

And then you're going to exaggerate yourself and say that O'Reilly gives Obama credit "every day?"

If you're going to enforce perfect literalness, at least apply it to yourself.

And if you're going to pretend Fox News on the whole (O'Reilly is not all of Fox News) is some neutral balanced media source, you are going to get laughed off the thread.

This is simple, really: Fox News is biased to the right, CNN and others are biased to the left, and they're all garbage anyway.

You'd inform yourself much better with a spread of print sources that are biased in different directions.

"And if you're going to pretend Fox News on the whole (O'Reilly is not all of Fox News) is some neutral balanced media source, you are going to get laughed off the thread."

By WHO?  You?  Or the other dolts (like you) that admit they`ve NEVER watched, have no evidence, no examples........yet continue to whine that the most watched and most trusted is somehow making sh.....t up?

You look like a moron.  But you knew that and you`re very comfortable with it.

[/QUOTE]

Ok angryman, whatever you say.

Quick, call me a moonbat!

[/QUOTE]

If there is one thing I have noticed about liberals over the years is that they often replace logic and truth with anger.  speaking truth to power.

Sections
Shortcuts