Live Free or Move!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Live Free or Move!

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Government is the wrong tool to do these things.

Personal opinion.

Not really.  I know we have been down this path before, but show me where in the constitution the government is given the responsibility to feed people.

skeeter .... what is the difference between a P.O.W. and a homeless person ..........

under the Geneva Convention a P.O.W. is entitled to food , shelter and medical care .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Personal opinion.

Not really.  I know we have been down this path before, but show me where in the constitution the government is given the responsibility to feed people.

skeeter .... what is the difference between a P.O.W. and a homeless person ..........

under the Geneva Convention a P.O.W. is entitled to food , shelter and medical care .

To be fair when a homeless person goes to a shelter he/she is entitled to food and shelter. And at a hospital medical care.

Thankfully there are shelters for these people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Personal opinion.

Thanks to the perverse incentives of our modern welfare state, the POW has a better chance of escaping permanently from his plight...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

General welfare, as used in the constitution, is in reference to economics, i.e. commerce,

Wrong. The interestate commerce clause referes to economics, i.e. commerce.

You simply choose whatever definition for a given word you think supports your brainwashed view. This is why you claim Hitler was a liberal.

Have another beer.

No, once again you are wrong.  We have been down this road before.  The genral welfare clause is NOT an enumerated power, it does NOT apply to individuals, but to states, and is interpreted narrowly, in any case.  The words of Thomas Jefferson on the matter:

“[We] disavow and declare to be most false and unfounded, the doctrine that the compact, in authorizing its federal branch to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises to pay the debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States, has given them thereby a power to do whatever they may think or pretend would promote the general welfare, which construction would make that, of itself, a complete government, without limitation of powers; but that the plain sense and obvious meaning were, that they might levy the taxes necessary to provide for the general welfare by the various acts of power therein specified and delegated to them, and by no others.” 

So, again, I ask:  Where in the consitution is the right or responsibility to feed the people delegated or enumerated to the government?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Personal opinion.

A P.O.W. is a prisoner.  That's the difference.

Wait...you aren't suggesting citizens are prisoners, are you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Without Red States , you can have Electric cars...LOL!!!

The Left has a long history of propaganda posters worshipping the State as God.......to convince the low information gullible idiots.

God convinced a couple of religious conservatives to set off two bombs here a few weeks ago.

With religions like that, I'll take govt.  It might take a while, but at least they pick up the phone when you call.

The enemy should be extremism of all stripes; the ally: moderation in all things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

The Left has a long history of propaganda posters worshipping the State as God.......to convince the low information gullible idiots.

God convinced a couple of religious conservatives to set off two bombs here a few weeks ago.

With religions like that, I'll take govt.  It might take a while, but at least they pick up the phone when you call.

The enemy should be extremism of all stripes; the ally: moderation in all things.

Religious Conservatives LMAO!!

I think a way more accurate diescription would be religious extremist but, take a cheap shot where you can I guess.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Religious Conservatives LMAO!!

I think a way more accurate diescription would be religious extremist but, take a cheap shot where you can I guess.

Agreed they are/were extremists, i.e., extreme religious conservatives...

...as opposed to extreme political conservatives.

Difference.

And yet terrorism is largely either political or religious in nature and often both.  (There's also cultural terrorism, but a very small amount.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jon Shure, director of state fiscal studies at the center and one of the authors of the study, recently told The New York Times that tax flight from high rates "is almost entirely bogus. It's a myth. The anecdotal coverage makes it seem like people are leaving in droves because of high taxes. They're not. There are a lot of low-tax states, and you don't see millionaires flocking there."

The Washington, D.C.-based nonpartisan tax policy research group analyzed the economic performances of the nine states with no income tax on wages and nine states it identified has having high tax rates.

DING DING DING... we have another angryman "winner"...another partisan leftist thinktank categorized as "nonpartisan", by the very partisan media...

This is the fourth time, by my recollection

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/taxes/high-tax-states-beat-no-tax-ones/

ITEP is a subsidiary of Citizens for Tax Justice,  a very liberal partisan lobbying group, funded by labor unions and the usual gaggle of leftists...

The result of this report came first, followed by the shallow 'research'...