Liz Warren

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Liz Warren

In Response to Re: Liz Warren:
    [QUOTE]Happy 3-day weekend to you too you lying sack of sh!t
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Awww...don't be bitter, sweet pea.  A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste.

I'll be back to school you again on Tue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong again @hole. I took her comment right from the news article. You're just flat out lying. I figured you to be a liar now we all know

You don't know what paraphrase means?

No wonder this stuff is so hard for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Awww...don't be bitter, sweet pea.  A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste.

I'll be back to school you again on Tue.

Hahaha...typical Matty...just saying you "schooled" someone doesn't make it so. But if it helps you sleep at night by all means have at it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

You don't know what paraphrase means?

No wonder this stuff is so hard for you.

Oh I know what it means. I also know what lying means. Something you seem to struggle with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : You can shove your pedantic tone.  I won't even justify your other point.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

You said godwin's law.  Or did you mean goodwin...as in doris kearns...

Please try to make sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]You don't know what paraphrase means? No wonder this stuff is so hard for you. Oh I know what it means. I also know what lying means. Something you seem to struggle with.

Good for you.  Now look up "analysis, psycho-", cause you really need some, boyo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Good for you.  Now look up "analysis, psycho-", cause you really need some, boyo.

Awwwww...Matty's upset because he's got no argument. Boo hoo....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Good for you.  Now look up "analysis, psycho-", cause you really need some, boyo. Aww www...Matty's upset because he's got no argument. Boo hoo....

Wrong tree, doggie.

This job's for Closers.  Hit the bricks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Wrong tree, doggie.

This job's for Closers.  Hit the bricks.

Yup....you're upset. It's ok...everyone has tough days. Today was yours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't know...I think it's kind of sad that we are even talking about this in 2011. Men and women are likely going to look at this differently. I agree that his comment was probably a bit more insulting..especially since it was off the cuff..but Liz Warren started down that path. To me..if you don't want to go there all the way..then don't go there. She had no business making a moral judgment on his decision to pose nude..and he could have shown a bit more class in his response to the situation. They are both human...they both acted stupidly...now which one shall we vote for..?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know...I think it's kind of sad that we are even talking about this in 2011. Men and women are likely going to look at this differently. I agree that his comment was probably a bit more insulting..especially since it was off the cuff..but Liz Warren started down that path. To me..if you don't want to go there all the way..then don't go there. She had no business making a moral judgment on his decision to pose nude..and he could have shown a bit more class in his response to the situation. They are both human...they both acted stupidly...now which one shall we vote for..?
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

Really?  More insulting than basically insinuating he prostituted himself?

Some standard you have there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : Really?  More insulting than basically insinuating he prostituted himself? Some standard you have there.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]
    I believe I said that both behaved poorly..as far as which is worse..I again refer you to the fact that men and women are going to view this differently. No woman likes to hear someone say (or imply ) that she's ugly..and most women ( myself included) generally don't think much of men who lack the class to refrain from making comments about a woman's physical appearance. That being said..she went down that path with a moral judgement...so she should ( and is) take the comment in stride. I just feel like Brown stooped..and as the sitting Senator could have chosen to take the high road...but chose not to. You an I can argue all night about which wrong was worse..but neither of us are likely to change our view...but I think we can both agree that neither should have said what they said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : I believe I said that both behaved poorly..as far as which is worse..I again refer you to the fact that men and women are going to view this differently. No woman likes to hear someone say (or imply ) that she's ugly..and most women ( myself included) generally don't think much of men who lack the class to refrain from making comments about a woman's physical appearance. That being said..she went down that path with a moral judgement...so she should ( and is) take the comment in stride. I just feel like Brown stooped..and as the sitting Senator could have chosen to take the high road...but chose not to. You an I can argue all night about which wrong was worse..but neither of us are likely to change our view...but I think we can both agree that neither should have said what they said.

Respectfully,I disagree.  Warren's comments show a deep seated hatred of those who will do almost anything (legally) to better themselves.  Brown was making a stupid comment that most men would find ,well familiar, but won't admit it.  Both are bad, but only Warren's comment reflects on Brown's character, while Brown's comment was simply stupid.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : What makes him a judge of her appearance?  His eyeballs. But more seriously, what makes her a judge of his "ethical" decision to pose nude? Again, I think the genuinely honest way to reveal how this is flowing from political correctness and extreme feminism is simply to turn the tables. The male opponent comments negatively on a female opponent's decision to pose nude. The female opponent says thank God the male didn't do the same. I bet anything that in that situation, the female opponent's comment wins laughter and no critique; the male gets castigated for daring to question a woman's sexuality / decisions about her body. Sort of like if a male expresses a merely "ethical" judgment about how many people a woman has slept with, he's run out of town. I mean you would agree that calling a woman a "sl*t" is a bad thing, right? Sexist? Why can't it simply be characterized as an "ethical" judgment?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

But again, her comment was about herself - her choice.  His comment was about her appearance directly.  The mention about Christie is telling, because it would be very difficult for a woman of his physique to be taken as seriously.

It depends slightly on the notion that men and women have equal footing in our society, and that's just not the case even as far we've come.  And as such, it regards women who pose nude differently than men who do.  Incidentally, it also regards men who run for office differently than women who do.

And so, we've given far more attention to this than either candidate at this point.  Both were petty, and both probably should know better.  I'm disparaging neither's character or saying one is better than the other.  But they said what they said, and lacking any clarification or apology, it's up to us to parse out what they might have meant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

P.S.  Scott has since come out and said he was "joking"...mea culpa  Note if he had said that right away, he could have saved some face. 

Perhaps he realized that even 'ugly' women vote, too....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : Respectfully,I disagree.  Warren's comments show a deep seated hatred of those who will do almost anything (legally) to better themselves.  Brown was making a stupid comment that most men would find ,well familiar, but won't admit it.  Both are bad, but only Warren's comment reflects on Brown's character, while Brown's comment was simply stupid
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Skeeter...you inferred all of that from Warren's remark? She was specifically asked a question about how she paid for school. I saw her comment more as an attempt at humor. I have not read up too much on Warren yet..so I don't know what her position is on some things..but I without knowing I would not make a judgment based on that one comment. A "deep -seated hatred" is a strong accusation to make. Can you point to anything else she has said that would lead you to believe this were true?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : Skeeter...you inferred all of that from Warren's remark? She was specifically asked a question about how she paid for school. I saw her comment more as an attempt at humor. I have not read up too much on Warren yet..so I don't know what her position is on some things..but I without knowing I would not make a judgment based on that one comment. A "deep -seated hatred" is a strong accusation to make. Can you point to anything else she has said that would lead you to believe this were true?
    Hypocritical if you ask me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liz Warren : Skeeter...you inferred all of that from Warren's remark? She was specifically asked a question about how she paid for school. I saw her comment more as an attempt at humor. I have not read up too much on Warren yet..so I don't know what her position is on some things..but I without knowing I would not make a judgment based on that one comment. A "deep -seated hatred" is a strong accusation to make. Can you point to anything else she has said that would lead you to believe this were true?

Making a snide comment about Brown's posing nude says a lot about where Warren is coming from.

Afterall, I could say a similar thing about Brown's comment:  that he was just happy that she did not have to do what he did to pay for college, after all, she was rich.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]She never even mentioned brown's name. The same is not true for brown.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  that's your defense?  Lame.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]What comments?  Seriously, what do you (incorrectly) believe she said?
    Posted by movingtarget3[/QUOTE]

You are playing a silly game for unserious people.  Grow up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The posts from the left make my point.  Warren says something, fair game.  Brown says something similar, not fair!

Warren is setting up this dynamic any you are falling for it.  She is trying to kill the "want to see my tattoo" or the "Shake hands outside Fenway park, God, no" moments that are bound to emerge.