Look who wants out of ObambiCare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

Look who wants out of ObambiCare

The NTEU (National Treasury Employees Union) are demanding a waiver from ACA mandated exchanges.  This of course, includes the IRS, who is in charge of said enforcement.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

Re: Look who wants out of ObambiCare

Well, what's it tell you when the agency in charge of enforcing a law, wants an exemption from that law?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I also heard that the senate and house staff are also going to get exempted.

BTW, do buy the line that it is just a negotiating posture from the unions. they know this hurts them.  they have finally woken up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The ACA is imploding!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

There aren't "many sure things" in life, but one of them is that Obamacare would be repealed almost instantaneously if the bigwigs in Washington actually had to live under the law designed for peasants like you and me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

There aren't "many sure things" in life, but one of them is that Obamacare would be repealed almost instantaneously if the bigwigs in Washington actually had to live under the law designed for peasants like you and me.

If you are referring to Congress, the are not exempted from Obamacare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Confused? I never mentioned any one group. I would read it again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sure.  keep telling yourself that.  Google "congressional careve out" if you want to get a sense of what is going on behind the scenes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

The ACA is imploding!

No it's not.  The Republicans are just trying to wound it, so Dems get thrown out, then the Republicans will start to implement it their way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

sure.  keep telling yourself that.  Google "congressional careve out" if you want to get a sense of what is going on behind the scenes.

During the ACA negotiations, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) proposed an amendment forcing all members of Congress and all of their staffs to enter the exchanges. The purpose of the amendment was to embarrass the Democrats.

Rather than be embarrassed, Democrats instead embraced the amendment and added it to the law

Here are the exact words in the ACA:

The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Support in the dem party moving away from Obamacare!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

The ACA is imploding!

No it's not.  The Republicans are just trying to wound it, so Dems get thrown out, then the Republicans will start to implement it their way.

[/QUOTE]

It won't work and will probably backfire on the gopers as more people gain coverage where none was previously available.

Why on earth would they "implement" something they want to destroy...?

Remember, this is the same group that flat-out refuses to govern simply out of spite toward the president.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

So..basically the people who want the NTEU to participate in the insurance exchanges are advocating a move away from employer sponsored health insurance?

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The NTEU (National Treasury Employees Union) are demanding a waiver from ACA mandated exchanges.  This of course, includes the IRS, who is in charge of said enforcement.

Am I the only one here that thinks that this is hilarious?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Have you also noticed that the establishment GOP seems to have a lot more in common with the left than they do with their own base?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

It won't work and will probably backfire on the gopers as more people gain coverage where none was previously available.

Health insurance rates in Florida will rise by 5 to 20 percent in the small-group market, and 30 to 40 percent in the individual market, as the Affordable Care Act’s guaranteed coverage rule takes effect next year, Florida’s insurance commissioner said Monday.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/individual-health-insurance-rates-to-rise-30-40-ne/nY7Rg/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

The IRS is 10 times the size of Congress

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

The wingnuts have used the canard that no workers would be able to get insurance through their employer due to ACA. Of course that is patently false.

------------------------------------

What's patently false is your claim

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

And to prove it, they are going to write a special law out of spite, FORCING the NTEU to drop their current insurance.

---------------------------------

Just like the other thread Mr Crystal Ball.  Give me a call when they do.  Oh, and this mythical law singles out Treasury and no one else?  Really now.  When the phone don't ring, I'll know its you.

Sections
Shortcuts