Lord Obama orders military confiscation of all weapons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Lord Obama orders military confiscation of all weapons

The President and the Vice President have done a nice job.   They included over 200 groups for input, and the panel has included many reasonable recommendations.

The President is beginning what will be a long campaign and a three part approach with executive orders, a push for Congressional legislation and the public to become involved in local communities.

We can see with the television commercials from the NRA that the opposition is immediately arming with heavy lobbying and divisive innuendos, even involving the President's children.  Not a good day for grown men who are obsessed with deadly toys.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

The President and the Vice President have done a nice job.   They included over 200 groups for input, and the panel has included many reasonable recommendations.

The President is beginning what will be a long campaign and a three part approach with executive orders, a push for Congressional legislation and the public to become involved in local communities.

We can see with the television commercials from the NRA that the opposition is immediately arming with heavy lobbying and divisive innuendos, even involving the President's children.  Not a good day for grown men who are obsessed with deadly toys.

If Barry can act this swiftly on this non important issue.. why can't he tell us what happened when 4 Americans were killed in a terrorist attack, it's only been 4 months...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We already know.  They were killed in a terrorist attack.  But fringe people want to manufacture a conspiracy and they will never be happy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Oh you mean the people they paraded in ?

All for show. The emperor has no clothes.

Twenty three actions and a proposed bill for Congress and he has "no clothes".  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

what if i refuse to tell my doctor that i have guns in my house???

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."
    The Affordable Care Act, ObamaCare,  is full of thousands of pages of provisions buying off interest groups. Fact is, the NRA was sidelined, bought off so to speak, during the health care debate with a specific provision preventing doctors from asking about guns.
    Does "clarify" mean Lord Obama can ignore provisions of the law he signed ? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

Reprogramming at Barrys gilag

Your retorts on this issue has the same effectiveness as throwing marshmallows at a tiger. Sometimes you need to know when to keep quiet, and not just criticize the Commander In Chief you disapprove of just for the sake of criticizing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Oh you mean the people they paraded in ?

All for show. The emperor has no clothes.

Twenty three actions and a proposed bill for Congress and he has "no clothes".  

On the surface, most of the executive auctions seem innocuous.  However, it only addresses people who are lawful. Why? Seems to me that Obama is afraid of lawful citizens, and completely uninterested in illegal gun actions.  I think Obama knows that criminals are no threat to him, but law abiding citizens are.

second point: devil is in the details. So, do a background check on everyone.  Big deal.  the real question is what information in the back ground check constitutes an inability to exercise your 2nd amendment rights, and who gets to make that call?  Seems to me that's the issue, and as far as I can tell, Obama doesn't address it.

third point: none of this protects a single child, Obama's purported goal, but it certainly increases the possibility that a child will be in harms way given that there will be parents that will effectively be tied up in red tape trying to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

I'm not saying this to be controversial, this is simply the proper analysis of what is going on: legal gun owners will be more restricted, illegal gun users skate, and children will be at greater at greater risk of violence as a result.

liberals just can't be trusted to deliver the goods when it comes to protecting our children and protecting our rights.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Your retorts on this issue has the same effectiveness as throwing marshmallows at a tiger. Sometimes you need to know when to keep quiet, and not just criticize the Commander In Chief you disapprove of just for the sake of criticizing.

And your argument seems to be "eww...guns are gross"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

No.  Guns are dangerous.  That is what is being said.  "Gross" things make you wretch they don't kill you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No, not really. However, there's little reason not to do background checks, & banning these semi or full automatic weapons with large clips for civilians. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The following language did, indeed, become a part of the nation’s controversial health care reform law:

(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—

‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.— A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—

‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully- possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or

‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
‘

(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any in- formation relating to—

‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;

‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

Lord Obama has decided to ignore this provision, please bow like Brian Williams did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

No.  Guns are dangerous.  That is what is being said.  "Gross" things make you wretch they don't kill you.

Hammers are dangerous.

Cars are dangerous.

Buckets are dangerous.

Something being "dangerous", which I assume you are using as a negative, is no reason to curtail my right to defend myself.  I actually expect those who woudl try to rob or attack me to understand that guns are dangerous.  I see that as a positive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

His 23 executive orders are mostly political theater and do not ban any guns, clips or ammo. I like the orders on training although I would think states, counties, cities would already do some form of that. I also like the provisions to try and eliviate some state and doctor concerns on releasing information on mental illness to the federal back ground check system.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

They included over 200 groups for input

Are there really that many liberal groups out there?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

In 2011 323 people were murdered by a rifle, all rifles including semi-automatics.  The Gun Owner's Action League of MA estimates there are between 5 and 10 million semi-automatic rifles in the hands of legal gun owners in the whole country.  If every one of those 357 people were murdered by a different semi-automatic rifle, that would mean, at the absolute most,  .007% of the legal rifles were used to murder someone.  That's obviously the high end.  I've said it before, rifles, "Assault" or not, aren't the problem.  Potentially, they COULD be used but they haven't been.  A 12 gauge shotgun at 10 feet does more damage than a AR 15.  My opinion is the real problem is mental health.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.