Mainstream media attacks Texas Sen. Ted Cruz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Mainstream media attacks Texas Sen. Ted Cruz

Too bad Senator Ted Cruz doesnt fit the liberal template of a 'dumb white conservative'...

Princeton and Harvard Law graduate. Solicitor General of Texas who argued successfully before the Supreme Court. Young, Brilliant, outspoken, Latino....

No matter. By being a conservative, and by doing his job as Senator and actually asking real questions to the pathetic Obama nominee for Defense Secretary, the liberal media attack dogs are out. Good thing Cruz didnt sip any water when he dared ask questions...

An outspoken conservative will get no quarter in the liberal media...Google "Ted Cruz" in News, and look at the list: Washington Post, NY Times, Politico, HuffPost...

"Nasty Newcomer" "McCarthy tactics" ..."attack dog"

Compare to the gushing coverage given another new Senator, liberal Liz Warren, who cheaply played to the cameras and asked rash accusatory rhetorical questions to bankers at a hearing.... the liberal media loved it.

Laughingly, after two "partisan push" hit pieces on Ted Cruz appeared in the NY Times in 2 days, quoting liberally from anonymous sources and his political opponents, the NY Times puts out a piece defending Democrat Senator Menendez, saying mean political opponents raised accusations...though grudgingly admitting that the accusations may have merit, and the Times was pulled kicking and screaming, but did investigate...

"Inquiry of Senator Started With a Partisan Push"

Ya cant make this stuff up.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Mainstream media attacks Texas Sen. Ted Cruz

Latinos can't be white?  Since when?  Or is Cracked up showing his racist tendencies when he assumes Cruz isn't white because he's hispanic?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Or is Cracked up showing his racist tendencies when he assumes Cruz isn't white because he's hispanic?

Typical incoherent babble...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

Awwww, another persecution complex thread. What a surprise.

Poor baby, everyone is just being soooo mean to the pieceofshit freshman.

Typical wingnut cowards, they dish it out but cry like little girls if someone calls them on it.

Awwww, another name-calling fact-free response post full of bad words .....what a surprise.

Crying like a little girl if someone points out how biased the media is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Cruz is an interesting guy.  born in Canada.  His Cuban born father fought along side Castro to oust Batista.  His mother is from PA and is of Irish-Italian descent.  

Good thing he's a Republican because if he were a democrat the wing nuts would have a field day.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The mainstream media attack Cruz for only one reason ....... he is "NUT" with a mean streak !

Semper Fi !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

It's funny that Lizzy Warren come out swinging and she's a hero but Mr. Cruz does the same thing and he's "mean."

And does anyone get that Lizzy is bashing an administration of her own party? The cynical among us might think that hwat she's doing is grandstanding with very little substance behind it. Nevertheless, I applaud Lizzy as she is revealing to some small degree the unbelievable hypocrisy of this administration.

I'm thinking that she won't be invited to the White House anytime soon.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

It's funny that Lizzy Warren come out swinging and she's a hero but Mr. Cruz does the same thing and he's "mean."

And does anyone get that Lizzy is bashing an administration of her own party? The cynical among us might think that hwat she's doing is grandstanding with very little substance behind it. Nevertheless, I applaud Lizzy as she is revealing to some small degree the unbelievable hypocrisy of this administration.

I'm thinking that she won't be invited to the White House anytime soon.

You're right Warren was helping all of us ....... Cruz thought he was only helping himself out when he was calling Hagel, a Bronze Star winner, a traitor.

I don't see Cruz wearing a Combat Infantryman Badge !

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

South Carolina also saw an evolution in McCain: the admiral's son and Naval aviator who began, as a presidential candidate, to identify more closely with the enlisted rank ground troops who accounted for the vast majority of those killed in the Vietnam War.

Having come home from Hanoi's prisons in 1973, McCain candidly admitted later that he and his fellow POWs - mostly career officers - received a warmer welcome than ordinary soldiers. "It's the average soldier who loves that wall," he said in 1985 of the Vietnam Memorial. "Not the officers. Not the POWs."

But this changed in 2000, as seen in a small McCain rally held after a January Republican debate with Bush in Columbia, S.C.

"The important thing is to stand up for what you believe in, remember those who have served and sacrificed before you," McCain said, his voice quavering with emotion. "My lasting ambition is the approval of those whose names are engraved on the wall down at the Mall on the Vietnam monument."

The great emotional catch now is that Hagel so fits the profile of those names.

Among the more than 58,000 Americans killed in the war, 84 percent were enlisted men and all but a sliver of these were without a college degree. Hagel himself had just a few college semesters to his credit. His teenage brother Tom was fresh out of high school when they enlisted in 1967.

More than race or income, it was this education divide - promoted by draft deferments in the 1960s - that most explains those who were in combat in Vietnam and those who were not. That history, which McCain knows well, was what made it so striking last week when Cruz, a sophisticated Princeton and Harvard Law graduate, seemed to question Hagel's patriotism by his line of questioning before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

"I just want to make it clear," McCain interceded. "Sen. Hagel is an honorable man. He served his country. And no one on this committee, at any time, should impugn his character or his integrity."

"We all agree with that," added Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.). "I hope."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/why-john-mccain-turned-on-chuck-hagel-87746_Page2.html#ixzz2LHAbhjNv

Did he question his service, or SEEM to question his service?

I find you liberals are often enganged in speculation on these issues, just like the attack on Scott Browns time in Afghanistan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

You're right Warren was helping all of us ....... Cruz thought he was only helping himself out when he was calling Hagel, a Bronze Star winner, a traitor.

He's treating Hagel just like the Obama campaign treated Romney. Is that wrong to do?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

He's treating Hagel just like the Obama campaign treated Romney. Is that wrong to do?

Actually, he is treating him better.  He started his comments with thanking Hagel for his service to his country.  I din't hear him say anything after that which calls into acocunt his service, i.e. his time in the military.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Obama treated Romney the same way Romney treated Obama ....... you must have forgotten during one of their debates when Romney said to Obama " I'm talking and you will get your chance to speak when I 'm done",  those might not be the exact words but the meaning of the words and the tone used by Romney were obvious ..... he was showing no respect to the Office of the Presidency and to the President of the United States.

BTW don't forget how the GOP members of congress treated Obama i.e. McConnell stating that the goal of the GOP was to make Obama a one term president .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"BTW don't forget how the GOP members of congress treated Obama i.e. McConnell stating that the goal of the GOP was to make Obama a one term president "

The Big Lie by the left, thoroughly debunked, but that never prevents liberals from continuing the whining ... poor Obama actually has an opposition party to deal with!

McDonnel also said he didnt want the President to fail, he wanted him to change.

The Facts

McConnell made his remarks in an interview that appeared in the National Journal on Oct. 23, 2010 — nearly two years after Obama was elected president! (So the first two years, nothing was said about the goal being to make him a one term President!) The interview took place on the eve the of the midterm elections. 

McConnell: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”
    NJ: What’s the job?
    McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
    NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?
    McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him.
    NJ: What are the big issues?
    McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I imagine, find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

(So the first two years, nothing was said about the goal being to make him a one term President!) 

LOL.

The papers published the memo that circulated amongst the GOP before the inauguration instructing them to oppose everything to make him a one term President.

Focussing solely on McConnell has to be the lamest attempt at deception I've seen.

So, back to the topic of the thread:

Another liberal media hit piece, saying Cruz "seemed" to question Hagel's military service.  he did nothign of the sort.  go listen to the testimony, I did.  he actually praised Hagel for his service.

But, why let the facts stand in the way of the left's persecution complex?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

To Liberalcrackup I love to cut and paste political photos and jokes  but I'll take you to Mendy's for a bowl of soup if you just once use your own words to convey your own thoughts instead of  just cutting and pasting somebody's elses .

BTW I think they call that practice of yours plagiarism !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

All of a sudden, the ivy league is held as a reputable bastion of conservatism, not of the "pointy-headed liberal elite brainwashers" the far right would have had us believe...

...that somehow "Harvard Law Review Editor" (and law professor) on the resume is a plaudit for Cruz, but a subject of scorn for POTUS.

Sections
Shortcuts