Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero?

http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/bios/story/conceal-and-carry-stabbing-salt-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx

A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero?

In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero?:
    [QUOTE]Well that settles it. Clearly we all need to walk around with ten handguns and play hero any time we think something is wrong.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Yea maybe he was just "thinking" something was wrong and "playing hero" by not shooting but, using his weapon as a successful deterent and saving more people from being stabbed!

geez!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Did you hear the one about the guy with a gun who went into a movie theatre and randomly killed 12 people and injured 50 + more?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Sure, I think the gentleman deserves credit for putting a stop to an obviously disturned person.  Reminds me of the security guard in Boston a year or two ago who actually shot a guy who was attacking a woman downtown outside of her building.  The shooting was deemed justified given the woman was in danger of being killed and the guard was appropriately regarded as a hero. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

For the last couple of days, the news has had the video of the grandma driving the robber with a gun out of the convenience store with............... mangoes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Then there's the story of the guy who broke into the Dollar General Store in Oklahoma City.  The Manager of the store took him out with an aluminum baseball bat.  On the 911 recording, the sound of the bat making contact with the dude's head is clearly audible - tink, tink, tink.

I want to find a story of a little kid breaking up a crime with lawn darts.  then they'll have to dring them back to market.

If anything can be used as a weapon, then don't we have a right to own everything? 

In any event, if I owned a movie theater, store or anything used by the public, I would prohibit guns from being brought into it.  You may have a right to have a gun, but I have a right to not let you bring into my place of business.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

What about shotguns at a gay polygamists 3rd wedding being catered by Chik Fil A?

Shoot mor guns.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]Then there's the story of the guy who broke into the Dollar General Store in Oklahoma City.  The Manager of the store took him out with an aluminum baseball bat.  On the 911 recording, the sound of the bat making contact with the dude's head is clearly audible - tink, tink, tink. I want to find a story of a little kid breaking up a crime with lawn darts.  then they'll have to dring them back to market. If anything can be used as a weapon, then don't we have a right to own everything?  In any event, if I owned a movie theater, store or anything used by the public, I would prohibit guns from being brought into it.  You may have a right to have a gun, but I have a right to not let you bring into my place of business.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I agree with the business owners rights to refuse almost anything in his establishment. However, if, it is a state, city, community that embraces CHL's and you tell people "you cannot bring it in here", you may be liable if, they are attacked while at your establishment and the article you banned could have prevented it since you were unable to provide proper security.

Would you support their right to sue you?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero? : the article you banned could have prevented it But guns don't kill people.... (I assume that holds for all inanimate objects.)
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

"prevention" doesn't in any way mean killing!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero? : It does imply some sort of action.

The guy in the story used his gun as a deterent and did not need to use violence to stop the violence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero? : The guy in the story used his gun as a deterent and did not need to use violence to stop the violence.
    Posted by tvoter[/QUOTE]

Unlike George Zimmerman

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero? : Unlike George Zimmerman
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

wow! what a dooshe!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Uh, DWL, you can make any rule you want about what is allowed or isn't in your store, but enforcing this is another matter. In the case of firearms, it only works for guns that can't be concealed, and the bad guys don't need a permit to conceal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero? : I agree with the business owners rights to refuse almost anything in his establishment. However, if, it is a state, city, community that embraces CHL's and you tell people "you cannot bring it in here", you may be liable if, they are attacked while at your establishment and the article you banned could have prevented it since you were unable to provide proper security. Would you support their right to sue you?
    Posted by tvoter[/QUOTE]

Would I be liable if I allowed guns and someone in my store was accidently shot? 

In areas that allow people to carry weapons, Bank's, Government buildings (how Ironic is that), and bars don't allow guns. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero? : Wow, that certainly would require some omniscient ability to know what the outcomes would be for each article that was possibly banned. Also taking into account the randomness of which customers enter the store and what weapons they have. Would the lawsuit stipulate that a customer with a weapon should've been in the store at any given time? Then you'd have to sue the customer for not being there with a weapon when he should have. Or you would have to compel every store owner to purchase a hand gun, ala the 'mandate'.

Mandate??? what are you talking about?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

This is an honest to God true story.

I was about 9 years old.  A kid I was hanging with got a hold of a box of .22 bullets.  Maybe from his dad's stash or maybe stole them, I don't know.  He brought them to school.  During recess, we were throwing rocks on the bullets in order to make them fire.  We would set one on a smooth rock and drop bigger rocks on them.  Never got one to fire - thank God.  I think a teacher eventually came over and took them away.  My parents were never told.

And then there was the time someone had a bag of gun powder and a fuse.  We thought it would be cool to put the powder in a glass jar, insert the fuse, put the top on the the jar and light the fuse.  We climbed a tree to protect ourselves from the flying glass.  It didn't go off so we poured the gun powder on the ground and tossed a match on it.  It was pretty cool.

I grew up in a very red state.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]This is an honest to God true story. I was about 9 years old.  A kid I was hanging with got a hold of a box of .22 bullets.  Maybe from his dad's stash or maybe stole them, I don't know.  He brought them to school.  During recess, we were throwing rocks on the bullets in order to make them fire.  We would set one on a smooth rock and drop bigger rocks on them.  Never got one to fire - thank God.  I think a teacher eventually came over and took them away.  My parents were never told. And then there was the time someone had a bag of gun powder and a fuse.  We thought it would be cool to put the powder in a glass jar, insert the fuse, put the top on the the jar and light the fuse.  We climbed a tree to protect ourselves from the flying glass.  It didn't go off so we poured the gun powder on the ground and tossed a match on it.  It was pretty cool. I grew up in a very red state.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I was once in a ....oh look something shiney..have you seen my puppy??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to "Re: Man with gun stops knife carnage in store! Hero?": [QUOTE]Then there's the story of the guy who broke into the Dollar General Store in Oklahoma City.  The Manager of the store took him out with an aluminum baseball bat.  On the 911 recording, the sound of the bat making contact with the dude's head is clearly audible - tink, tink, tink. I want to find a story of a little kid breaking up a crime with lawn darts.  then they'll have to dring them back to market. If anything can be used as a weapon, then don't we have a right to own everything?  In any event, if I owned a movie theater, store or anything used by the public, I would prohibit guns from being brought into it.  You may have a right to have a gun, but I have a right to not let you bring into my place of business. Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE] Yeaaaah... Just for the record the theatre in Aurora was an official "gun free zone" which pretty much guaranteed that no law abiding citizen had a weapon. Draw your own conclusions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

Explosives and fire were used more than guns in mass murders during the 20th century.  Explosives used during mass murders killed an average of 21 people, fire 7 and guns 5.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

LOOK, YOU SECOND AMENDMENT FREAKS, GUN-RIGHTS, NRA, WINGNUTS, .....YOU ARE JUST AS DELUSIONAL AS THESE MASS KILLERS.

LOOK GUNS ARE A TOOL.

THEY ARE FOR SELF PROTECTION, SPORT, IE HUNTING, TARGET SHOOTING ETC. NOT FOR MASS KILLING...EXCEPT MAYBE ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

ANYWAY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SLACK-JAWED CIVILIANS WITH A RAMBO FETISH, NEED TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE AR 15 ASSAULT RIFLES WITH UPGRADED 100 ROUND MAGAZINES?

IT'S NOT ABOUT FREEDOM....IT'S ABOUT F'N COMMON SENSE!

Sections
Shortcuts