Markey/Lynch ?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

Re: Markey/Lynch ?

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Lynch slams national Democratic party for backing Markey

U.S. Rep. Stephen F. Lynch, the underdog in the Democratic special Senate election, blasted national Dems for their unfair backing of his rival U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey and for blocking donations to him, but vowed that he would outwork his opponent to clinch a win.

“They haven’t been fair,” Lynch said of the national Democrats who he says have funneled donations and some union support Markey’s way. “No they haven’t been fair. I think they’ve done their best to discourage people from sending me contributions from Washington. They’ve basically said Markey’s our guy, don’t give to Lynch.”

In a wide-ranging interview with the Herald today, Lynch said he faces an uphill battle because the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee backed Markey.

“It’s considerable. It’s tough when the party’s against you. The Senate Democratic committee has $40 million in their SuperPac,” he said.

He also tweaked Markey for flip-flopping on abortion and spending much of his time in his Maryland home instead of Malden.

“I think you can be a very good and effective member of Congress or member of the Senate and live in Chevy Chase Maryland and go to Washington for 36 years and seldom come back. I’m just saying that’s not my style,” said Lynch in an hour-long sit down that covered the heated Boston mayor’s race and the upcoming University of Massachusetts Lowell Boston Herald debate on April 8.

“I’ve got three more debates, and it’s all about Election Day,” he said, pointing out that he’s won previous races when he was behind in the polls. “I think I might have to pull the goalie to win this thing.”

He promised to be aggressive when necessary, saying, “I’m not a shrinking violet,” while hitting Markey for delivering canned, “blah, blah, blah,” answers during their first debate. He also slammed the Malden Democrat for posing as the “pro choice” candidate despite the fact that Markey once supported overturning the Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion.

“He’s holding out for a loss of memory on the part of the voters,” he said, adding that complaints about his own pro-life position are “disingenuous.”

“You would think he might see the hypocrisy in some of the positions he’s taken. But I’m not sure he sees it,” he said.

Lynch said he will not run for Mayor of Boston even if he loses the April 30 primary, admitting he considered running to succeed Mayor Thomas M. Menino but never seriously.

“I’m flattered. I think I could be the most help in the U.S. Senate,” he said, admitting that the heated race has pulled attention away from the special Senate election and hurt his chances for a win.

“We’re trying to get our message out and all these folks are getting in or out,” he said. “It means all hands on deck. Everything you’ve got to do to win an election, we’ve got to do."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_politics/2013/04/lynch_slams_national_democratic_party_for_backing_markey

I'm a registered independant who has voted against alot of Dems over the last two elections, including against Obama twice.

That being said, I think Markey is a total hack, and doesn't deserve to be anything but a hack.  On the other hand, Lynch would be a better mayor, he's got such a "home-town-boy" story, he could win easily if he switched his path to running boston.

Markey is a dangerous ultra-left liberal, IMO.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Doesn't Markey have to actually live inthe state to run for Senate?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Markey is so absurdly awfully bad, he is good.... you have to hit rock bottom, Massachusetts, before you can ever get sober.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I vote none of the above..! I don't like either one of them..I don't believe in promoting anyone from the do nothing House to the Senate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I vote none of the above..! I don't like either one of them..I don't believe in promoting anyone from the do nothing House to the Senate.

Why blame either one of those two because the GOP Majority in the House wants to starve the Senate ?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Why Brown felt the seat not worth fighting for is beyond me.  Instead, he cried uncle and sold his soul to Murdoch, Ailes, and Co.  His days of relevance appear to be over.

As an unenrolled voter, I'm keeping my options open.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Why Brown felt the seat not worth fighting for is beyond me.  Instead, he cried uncle and sold his soul to Murdoch, Ailes, and Co.  His days of relevance appear to be over.

Could it be because he lost to an inexperienced, lying, idiot, that the dopes from Massachusetts fell for blindly due to the "D" after her name?  Could it be that after voting 50% of the time WITH the opposing party and still being defeated by a dolt, he simply thought that making money and taking care of his family might be more important?

Perhaps, but I seriously doubt it.

I took him at his word when he said he was in it to serve the public; then he messed up his campaign and bailed.  Now he's cashing in to the highest bidder.  What makes him different than any other ex-pol/lobbyist/media cretin...?

And he only has himself to blame for not making enough of a distinction from his opponent...who as a rookie campaigner totally smoked him.  That, and the feckless minions known as the Mass GOP. 

It's not like he's in his 70s or something.  If he had any heart at all, he would have kept up the fight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Could it be because he lost to an inexperienced, lying, idiot, that the dopes from Massachusetts fell for blindly due to the "D" after her name?  Could it be that after voting 50% of the time WITH the opposing party and still being defeated by a dolt, he simply thought that making money and taking care of his family might be more important?

Perhaps, but I seriously doubt it.

I took him at his word when he said he was in it to serve the public; then he messed up his campaign and bailed.  Now he's cashing in to the highest bidder.  What makes him different than any other ex-pol/lobbyist/media cretin...?

And he only has himself to blame for not making enough of a distinction from his opponent...who as a rookie campaigner totally smoked him.  That, and the feckless minions known as the Mass GOP. 

It's not like he's in his 70s or something.  If he had any heart at all, he would have kept up the fight.

How did he "bail"? Because he decided not to run yet again? Have you ever run a senate campaign? Back to back? I dunno....seems awfully judgemental of you. 

That would have been 3 major campaign efforts in little over 3 years. That's a lot to ask of a person. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

How did he "bail"? Because he decided not to run yet again? Have you ever run a senate campaign? Back to back? I dunno....seems awfully judgemental of you. 

That would have been 3 major campaign efforts in little over 3 years. That's a lot to ask of a person. 

I call 'em as I see 'em.  You and others may disagree, and that's fine.

Nevertheless, campaigning is part of the job.  (Increasingly, it IS the job, but I digress.) Anyone could have seen the vacancy an elevation of Kerry would leave.  

And though I disagreed with him policy-wise, I felt he showed some strength of character during his short tenure.  Working for a lobbyist law firm and water carrier for fox dispels some of that, unfortunately.  .

I would expect it of media hounds like Palin...or even Barney Frank, but not Brown.  If I expected too much, then that's on me, I guess.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I call 'em as I see 'em.  You and others may disagree, and that's fine.

Nevertheless, campaigning is part of the job.  (Increasingly, it IS the job, but I digress.) Anyone could have seen the vacancy an elevation of Kerry would leave.  

And though I disagreed with him policy-wise, I felt he showed some strength of character during his short tenure.  Working for a lobbyist law firm and water carrier for fox dispels some of that, unfortunately.  .

I would expect it of media hounds like Palin...or even Barney Frank, but not Brown.  If I expected too much, then that's on me, I guess.

Not judgemental at all. 

To each his own man...to each his own. Full disclosure...I didn't vote for Brown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

I hold hope that he will run again for some office. I hope that office is Governor of Massachusetts. I would be first in line to cast that vote.

Before, maybe I would agree.

Now, I'm not so sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Even low information Massachusetts Democrats 

Coming from an equally low-info Virginia extremist, that means so...little.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Howie Carr will never run out of material.

Nope....just listeners.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Not judgemental at all. 

To each his own man...to each his own. Full disclosure...I didn't vote for Brown.

I didn't vote for him, either...

...but it doesn't mean I wouldn't vote for him over Markey or Lynch given the opportunity.

And I think many other 'unenrolled' in Mass might agree.

But he's still relatively young, so we'll see.

(Apropos of nothing, I had similar doubts when Bill Weld - the last GOPer I voted for MA Gov - tried carpetbagging in New York.  But at least he didn't stoop to join the media fracas.)

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.