Markey showing his true colors

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Markey showing his true colors

Considering Markey's general stance on things, I guess the check didn't have enough zeroes on it, metaphorically speaking, of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/us_politics/2013/09/us_sen_ed_markey_votes_present_on_key_syria_resolution

Voting "present," now who doea that sound like?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Wow....so let me get this straight. A post with an article that was on Boston.com gets pulled? It can't have been BDC moderators who decided to pull it since there was their OWN article. Guess it must be someone who voted for Markey who didn't like the inconvenient truth about his/her guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Wow....so let me get this straight. A post with an article that was on Boston.com gets pulled? It can't have been BDC moderators who decided to pull it since there was their OWN article. Guess it must be someone who voted for Markey who didn't like the inconvenient truth about his/her guy.

Pinkie..the moderating on this site is pathetic...just simply pathetic. Was your OP about the fact that Markey voted "present" on the Syria thing..or something else?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Pinkie..the moderating on this site is pathetic...just simply pathetic. Was your OP about the fact that Markey voted "present" on the Syria thing..or something else?

Activist journalism is responsible. the Globe is full of these Bob Woodward wanna-bes with about one one hundreth of the talent.  They delete posts because it is easier than examining the facts and reporting the news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I posted the article that was on Boston.com about him voting present. It was their OWN article. Unreal.

Here's the article:

http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2013/09/04/senate-panel-backs-resolution-for-military-strikes-syria-markey-abstains-from-vote/awAwrnptaWib6cIqdgjuhM/story.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Activist journalism is responsible. the Globe is full of these Bob Woodward wanna-bes with about one one hundreth of the talent.  They delete posts because it is easier than examining the facts and reporting the news.

The article I posted was from the Globe. It was their OWN article

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I posted the article that was on Boston.com about him voting present. It was their OWN article. Unreal.

Ahh..okay. I couldn't tell from Skeeter's response..lol

I didn't see the article. I can't stand it when politicians vote "present". What a waste. To me, take a position. Wonder what his vote will be in the final analysis next week?

That said..I think he is in a tough position. I haven't looked it up but I would be interested to know if anyone else voted present. There are a lot of people..myself included, that don't agree that it is the US sole responsibility to enforce international law. To my mind...the UN should be held acccountable for doing it's job. From a human aspect I think what Assad did is disgusting and someone should just take him out...but I don't think it should be us alone.

According to the news this morning..it's possible Congress is not going to approve this. What a mess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I didn't see the article. I can't stand it when politicians vote "present". What a waste. To me, take a position. Wonder what his vote will be in the final analysis next week?

That said..I think he is in a tough position. I haven't looked it up but I would be interested to know if anyone else voted present. There are a lot of people..myself included, that don't agree that it is the US sole responsibility to enforce international law. To my mind...the UN should be held acccountable for doing it's job. From a human aspect I think what Assad did is disgusting and someone should just take him out...but I don't think it should be us alone.

According to the news this morning..it's possible Congress is not going to approve this. What a mess.

He was the only one to vote 'present' on the committee. Everyone else took a stand one way or the other. I posted the article in my previous post.

I agree we should not be the ones to enforce international law. We've had enough wars.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

He was the only one to vote 'present' on the committee. Everyone else took a stand one way or the other. I posted the article in my previous post.

I agree we should not be the ones to enforce international law. We've had enough wars.

Okay..thanks.

I think most people feel the same way...we've had enough wars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Well this vote confirmed one thing about Markey; he's obviously in over his head if he can't do what he was elected to do.  If he doesn't have the stones to vote against a proposposal; then it's always easy to vote with leadership.  Obviously he had trouble choosing his favorite flavor ice cream while driving his Good Humor van during his one and only private sector job.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

you couldn't tell from my response? What, do you not speak English?

No one else voted present and he can't handle the position as  voting present indicates. he should resign and let someone who is competent be our junior senator.

hey, I just realized something: we are the only state with two junior senators.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Markey wants more time to gather information and he a failure .... that's pretty special coming from  people who voted for a person who was duped by faked photos of a dead bin Laden, plus he told the media about  those photos ,  fielded calls from Kings and Queens all the time and voted anyway his party leadership told him .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Don't have enough info then you vote no till there is enough. Show some balls and take a side. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Don't have enough info then you vote no till there is enough. Show some balls and take a side. 

So in your opinion he didn't do his job .... I say he did .... to make an educated decision he needs more time to gather facts ... don't you want our elected officials to know all the facts before they vote .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

FortySixAndTwo ... I don't understand why your post was removed ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

So in your opinion he didn't do his job .... I say he did .... to make an educated decision he needs more time to gather facts ... don't you want our elected officials to know all the facts before they vote .

Fair enough...so how did everyone else have enough info? They're all wrong and Markey is the only smart one? Not buying it. I want my elected official to vote no (as in this case) if there isn't enough info. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Fair enough...so how did everyone else have enough info? They're all wrong and Markey is the only smart one? Not buying it. I want my elected official to vote no (as in this case) if there isn't enough info. 

I ain't selling ..... do you think it's possible for the 7 who voted against the resolution made a safe vote knowing that the resolution was going to pass and go to the full Senate for a vote .... now that would be a political stunt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

If he doesn't vote the he doesn't have to defend his vote. 

Once a thief always a thief.

He is Running again soon.

Chief .... is he running again .. he is almost 70

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

If he doesn't vote the he doesn't have to defend his vote. 

Once a thief always a thief.

He is Running again soon.

Chief .... is he running again .. he is almost 70

50 years feeding at the public trough just isn't enough for some people.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Or vote first and read the bill later, that seems to work well too....not!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I ain't selling ..... do you think it's possible for the 7 who voted against the resolution made a safe vote knowing that the resolution was going to pass and go to the full Senate for a vote .... now that would be a political stunt

I didn't mean to imply you were selling it.

well sure anything is possible. I don't know for sure though. I do know they at least showed some sack and voted. Anyway, lets just agree to disagree and enjoy the weekend! 

Sections
Shortcuts