Markey showing his true colors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Markey showing his true colors

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Wow....so let me get this straight. A post with an article that was on Boston.com gets pulled? It can't have been BDC moderators who decided to pull it since there was their OWN article. Guess it must be someone who voted for Markey who didn't like the inconvenient truth about his/her guy.

Pinkie..the moderating on this site is pathetic...just simply pathetic. Was your OP about the fact that Markey voted "present" on the Syria thing..or something else?

I posted the article that was on Boston.com about him voting present. It was their OWN article. Unreal.

Ahh..okay. I couldn't tell from Skeeter's response..lol

I didn't see the article. I can't stand it when politicians vote "present". What a waste. To me, take a position. Wonder what his vote will be in the final analysis next week?

That said..I think he is in a tough position. I haven't looked it up but I would be interested to know if anyone else voted present. There are a lot of people..myself included, that don't agree that it is the US sole responsibility to enforce international law. To my mind...the UN should be held acccountable for doing it's job. From a human aspect I think what Assad did is disgusting and someone should just take him out...but I don't think it should be us alone.

According to the news this morning..it's possible Congress is not going to approve this. What a mess.

you couldn't tell from my response? What, do you not speak English?

No one else voted present and he can't handle the position as  voting present indicates. he should resign and let someone who is competent be our junior senator.

hey, I just realized something: we are the only state with two junior senators.

Well..gee Skeeter of course I speak English..but you made some reference to a check so I couldn't be quite sure what this particular issue is.

Like I stated..I don't like the "present" vote. If he needs more time then fine..but a vote of "present" will not fly in the full Senate vote.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Wow....so let me get this straight. A post with an article that was on Boston.com gets pulled? It can't have been BDC moderators who decided to pull it since there was their OWN article. Guess it must be someone who voted for Markey who didn't like the inconvenient truth about his/her guy.

I've tested it by reporting my own perfectly legitimate posts. They don't check. That's why so many perfectly TOS-compliant posts get pulled.

And there's at least one jack0ff constantly reporting posts, seemingly without rhyme or reason. One day its me, one days its yours, one day its airbornes, even chiefhowie got nabbed.

It's pathetic..and the fact that they sell ad space on these pages and still could care less speaks volumes. I've been spending less and less time here because at some point it becomes a waste of time to get involved in discussions when the comments are constantly disappearing. One day we will sign on and instead of seeing dozens of "this post has been removed"..there will be one that says "this forum has been removed"!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Pinkie..the moderating on this site is pathetic...just simply pathetic. Was your OP about the fact that Markey voted "present" on the Syria thing..or something else?

I posted the article that was on Boston.com about him voting present. It was their OWN article. Unreal.

Ahh..okay. I couldn't tell from Skeeter's response..lol

I didn't see the article. I can't stand it when politicians vote "present". What a waste. To me, take a position. Wonder what his vote will be in the final analysis next week?

That said..I think he is in a tough position. I haven't looked it up but I would be interested to know if anyone else voted present. There are a lot of people..myself included, that don't agree that it is the US sole responsibility to enforce international law. To my mind...the UN should be held acccountable for doing it's job. From a human aspect I think what Assad did is disgusting and someone should just take him out...but I don't think it should be us alone.

According to the news this morning..it's possible Congress is not going to approve this. What a mess.

you couldn't tell from my response? What, do you not speak English?

No one else voted present and he can't handle the position as  voting present indicates. he should resign and let someone who is competent be our junior senator.

hey, I just realized something: we are the only state with two junior senators.

Well..gee Skeeter of course I speak English..but you made some reference to a check so I couldn't be quite sure what this particular issue is.

Like I stated..I don't like the "present" vote. If he needs more time then fine..but a vote of "present" will not fly in the full Senate vote.

Mees toos.

i was joshing on the English.

my point was that the Globe is filled with activist journalists.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Markey decided to oppose a strike.

How convenient when it looks like the vote is cancelled due to today's emergency UN Security Council vote.

This is bad for Markey; becasue he won't have a vote on this issue next year when he's in the heat of a re-election battle.  It means one of two things; 

1) Dems see him as very weak and broom captain courageous (Vennochi called him that) away as he retires to a think tank and Marsha Chokely runs (most likely why she's delaying her Gov run decision).

2) Gabe Gomez comes back and cleans Markey's clock the second time; all he'd have to do is rerun some of his past ads and follow it up with my statement was proven true by markey's "present" vote.

Truly a present for GOP hopefuls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Markey decided to oppose a strike.

How convenient when it looks like the vote is cancelled due to today's emergency UN Security Council vote.

This is bad for Markey; becasue he won't have a vote on this issue next year when he's in the heat of a re-election battle.  It means one of two things; 

1) Dems see him as very weak and broom captain courageous (Vennochi called him that) away as he retires to a think tank and Marsha Chokely runs (most likely why she's delaying her Gov run decision).

2) Gabe Gomez comes back and cleans Markey's clock the second time; all he'd have to do is rerun some of his past ads and follow it up with my statement was proven true by markey's "present" vote.

Truly a present for GOP hopefuls.

Markey was a fool for voting Present.  He should have voted No, if thats the way he was leaning with the information at the time.

But the idea that Gomez is cleaning anyone's clock is laughable.  Especially since it won't be a special election next time around.

Sections
Shortcuts