MERRY XMAS TO EAcH AND EVERYONE IN THE FORUMS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

MERRY XMAS TO EAcH AND EVERYONE IN THE FORUMS

I want to be the first to begin a thread wishing Merry Xmas to Each and Every Poster in the Forums. I know it is only Decembe 22nd, but this gives everyone who wishes to post here some extra time to do so.

May you all have the best Holidays you have ever had. And may these holidays only keep on being exceeded every year to come.

A nice tradition we have is to say outloud what we are grateful for. If the spirit moves you, please post what you are grateful for right now, at Xmas 2013.

Another tradition I lke, is to say what we wish for in the future. Again, if the spirit moves you, etc.

Among other things I am grateful for is this forum, and the people who contribute to it.

I want to name some names. They cannot be all the names since I would have to go thru so many threads not to miss a single person.  Please do not feel left out. 

I am so grateful for jed, SisterSledge, Stalking Butler, WDYWN, Matty, slomag, BilltheCat, Damian, Reuben, spidey, newman, CLC, Hansoribrother, 46&2, jmel, Bill-806, mmj,skeeter,pymus, miscricket, yogafriend, ACC, ACB, msobstinate, UserName9. DWL, ronreaganfan, Greggin and whoever else is not on this list.

What I wish for is this forum, esp. going into the 2014 election year, continues with discussions, debates...sometimes heated ones... and continues to examine the issues facing the U.S. and the world as well as evaluating our elected representaives and those who want to become our elected representatives among other topics we take on.

On a personal note, I want to thank every poster who has wished me well in the physical challege I am struggling with now. Though these are only online connections, such thoughtfulness at this time means very much to me. 

Finally, this is a link to a song that particualrly moves me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoFL1lZuDOs

It is the "Hallelujah Song".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

Re: MERRY XMAS TO EAcH AND EVERYONE IN THE FORUMS

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want to be the first to begin a thread wishing Merry Xmas to Each and Every Poster in the Forums. I know it is only Decembe 22nd, but this gives everyone who wishes to post here some extra time to do so.

May you all have the best Holidays you have ever had. And may these holidays only keep on being exceeded every year to come.

A nice tradition we have is to say outloud what we are grateful for. If the spirit moves you, please post what you are grateful for right now, at Xmas 2013.

Another tradition I lke, is to say what we wish for in the future. Again, if the spirit moves you, etc.

Among other things I am grateful for is this forum, and the people who contribute to it.

I want to name some names. They cannot be all the names since I would have to go thru so many threads not to miss a single person.  Please do not feel left out. 

I am so grateful for jed, SysterSledge, WDTWN, Matty, slomag, BilltheCat, Damian, Reuben, spidey, newman, CLC, Hansoribrother, 46&2, Bill-806, mmj,skeeter,pymus, miscricket, yogafriend, ACC, ACB, msobstinate, UserName9. ronreaganfan, Greggin and whoever else is not on this list.

What I wish for is this forum, esp. going into the 2014 election year, continues with discussions, debates...sometimes heated ones... and continues to examine the issues facing the U.S. and the world as well as evaluating our elected representaives and those who want to become our elected representatives among other topics we take on.

On a personal note, I want to thank every poster who has wished me well in the physical challege I am struggling with now. Though these are only online connections, such thoughtfulness at this time means very much to me. 

[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas Andie.  I hope 2014 delivers a resolution to your physical challenges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Merry Chistmas to everyone here. If you do not celebrate the holiday as such, enjoy the gift of having a day off with family and friends. Enjoy the Chinese food and the mai tais too. I will probably have some myself.

Andiejen, I was not aware of your physical challenge. I wish that the New Year brings you relief and recovery.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL,  and a HOPE for the New Year that AMERICA COMES TO THEIR SENSES and sends a strong MESSAGE to Washington  D C that the "TRANSFORMATION" NEEDS to be "DERAILED" and our Country RETURNED TO ITS PEOPLE !!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Rushfan2112's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am so grateful for jed, SysterSledge, WDTWN, Matty, slomag, BilltheCat, Damian, Reuben, spidey, newman, CLC, Hansoribrother, 46&2, Bill-806, mmj,skeeter,pymus, miscricket, yogafriend, ACC, ACB, msobstinate, UserName9. ronreaganfan, Greggin and whoever else is not on this list.

[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas Andie.  I hope 2014 delivers a resolution to your physical challenges.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you ,Rushfan 2012. Merry Xmas to you and yours.

I am sorry you are one of the posters not on that list. The list was just off the top of my head as I was heading to bed after a long night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Merry Chistmas to everyone here. If you do not celebrate the holiday as such, enjoy the gift of having a day off with family and friends. Enjoy the Chinese food and the mai tais too. I will probably have some myself.

Andiejen, I was not aware of your physical challenge. I wish that the New Year brings you relief and recovery.

[/QUOTE]

Merry merry Xmas Hansoribrother. Chinese food and mai tais sound wonderful.

Thank you for your good wishes. Much appreciated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

[/QUOTE]

And a Merry Xmas to you, 46&2!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Tried posting this as a new discssion, found it posted elsewhere. Here it is again, Merry X-Mas to all..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIV8QHaK2c

jed,

I saw you had changed the headline in the other thread. 

Until now, I did not know you had wanted it to be a new thread.

I am sorry the BDC software messed up your intentions.

The thought is still just as wonderful.

Below I posted the lyrics to that very beautiful and poignant song.

The Closing of the Year Music Lyrics Wendy And Lisa

If I cannot bring you comfort
    Then at least I bring you hope
    For nothing is more precious
    Than the time we have and so
    We all must learn from small misfortune
    Count the blessings that are real
    Let the bells ring out for Christmas
    At the closing of the year
    Let the bells ring out for Christmas
    At the closing of the year.

If I cannot bring you comfort
    Then at least I bring you hope.

Now all the winter bells are ringing
    Hear them echo through the snow
    And the children's voices singing
    on the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
    And the truth is somewhere here
    Within our love of people
    At the closing of the year.

May the bells ring out for Xmas, jed, at the closing of this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy Holiday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

**Merry Christmas and Happy New Year**

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Merry Christmas everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Merry Christmas Y'all!

Here's a lovely rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from a self proclaimed "unhyphenated American."

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_videos/700364?sel_video_id=12275573&autoplay=true

Who says conservatives can't sing? ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]

I am so grateful for jed, SisterSledge, Stalking Butler, WDYWN, Matty, slomag, BilltheCat, Damian, Reuben, spidey, newman, CLC, Hansoribrother, 46&2, jmel, Bill-806, mmj,skeeter,pymus, miscricket, yogafriend, ACC, ACB, msobstinate, UserName9. DWL, ronreaganfan, Greggin and whoever else is not on this list.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Andie, and Merry Christmas to you as well. Continued wishes with physical challanges.

Merry Christmas to everyone here at BDC Politics Forum. Looking forward to 2014, there should be lots to debate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

A happy and joyous holiday season* to one and all.

*Holiday Season as defined by but not limited too…Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Joyous Winter Solstice celebrated by many, Joyous Kwanza, a Festive Festivus, Happy Boxing Day and Happy New Year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Breathe deeply if the holidays (or anyone you have to see, such as a relative you don't care for ...) "get" to you.  Relax.   (a glass of wine may help, too ...).   :)

Namaste.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Breathe deeply if the holidays (or anyone you have to see, such as a relative you don't care for ...) "get" to you.  Relax.   (a glass of wine may help, too ...).   :)

Namaste.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm so lucky in that I don't have any relatives that get to me. And I'm one that gets my shopping done early so I don't have to deal with the crazy lines. Got all my wrapping done too...now it's relaxation time. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

A VERY Merry Christmas and healthy, happy, and properous New Year to ALL of you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Season's Greetings.

Peace On Earth.

Goodwill To All.

and finally...

Cheers!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID32319/images/Bad_Santa.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Seasonal Santas are "verifiably alcoholics". 

The next gaffe that will come from one of the FOX dyed blonde "journalists". 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Namaste.  

[/QUOTE]

yogafriend,

Though I would post something about namaste for those who are aware of its meaning.

"The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. Nama means bow, as means I, and te means you. Therefore,namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you."

To perform Namaste, we place the hands together at the heart charka, close the eyes, and bow the head. It can also be done by placing the hands together in front of the third eye, bowing the head, and then bringing the hands down to the heart. This is an especially deep form of respect. Although in the West the word "namaste" is usually spoken in conjunction with the gesture, in India, it is understood that the gesture itself signifies Namaste, and therefore, it is unnecessary to say the word while bowing.

We bring the hands together at the heart chakra to increase the flow of Divine love. Bowing the head and closing the eyes helps the mind surrender to the Divine in the heart. One can do Namaste to oneself as a meditation technique to go deeper inside the heart chakra; when done with someone else, it is also a beautiful, albeit quick, meditation.

For a teacher and student, Namaste allows two individuals to come together energetically to a place of connection and timelessness, free from the bonds of ego-connection. If it is done with deep feeling in the heart and with the mind surrendered, a deep union of spirits can blossom.

Ideally, Namaste should be done both at the beginning and at the end of class. Usually, it is done at the end of class because the mind is less active and the energy in the room is more peaceful. The teacher initiates Namaste as a symbol of gratitude and respect toward her students and her own teachers and in return invites the students to connect with their lineage, thereby allowing the truth to flow—the truth that we are all one when we live from the heart."