Millionaires to Obama: Tax us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Millionaires to Obama: Tax us

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20101119/t s_yblog_theticket/millionaires-to-obama-tax-us

Quote:
    More than 40 of the nation's millionaires have joined Patriotic Millionaires for Fiscal Strength to ask President Obama to discontinue the tax breaks established for them during the Bush administration, as Salon reports.

"For the fiscal health of our nation and the well-being of our fellow citizens, we ask that you allow tax cuts on incomes over $1,000,000 to expire at the end of this year as scheduled," their website states. "We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more."

They do know that it is not mandatory that they take those tax breaks right? Just don't put them down on the return.

And if you don't like those current brackets, the govt would be more than happy to take an additional tax donation over and above what you owe.

Got to love the name of that group though. After all it's only patriotic to pay more taxes. Joe Biden told us that.

So if you want to give more of your own money away to the govt that will find a way to spend it I'm sure be my guest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wraughn. Show wraughn's posts

Re: Millionaires to Obama: Tax us

It's a smart move.  The millionaires got their money over labor and consumerism of others.  But now there's no sense in building a house if it's not going to sell.  No sense in producing a product if there's no one to buy it.  This has to be hitting them hard, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Millionaires to Obama: Tax us:
    It's a smart move.  The millionaires got their money over labor and consumerism of others.  But now there's no sense in building a house if it's not going to sell.  No sense in producing a product if there's no one to buy it.  This has to be hitting them hard, too.
    Posted by wraughn

Somehow I think the millionaires are just fine.

And the OP is right. These 40 millionaire are full of shiite. If they really are ok with paying more in taxes then why do they all tax shelter the shiite out of their money? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I say they can voluntarily pay at a higher rate; just like all the trustfunders in Mass who pay the higher rate,...not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Why has there been NO DEBATE on the income cut offs?

If Repubs have a problem with 250, then why don't Dems come back with 300, or 400?  500?

At some point in time, repubs will have to agree, or there will be no excusing away their desire to block legislation.

I think 250 is too low.  I do not think many would complain about $500. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: Millionaires to Obama: Tax us:
    Why has there been NO DEBATE on the income cut offs? If Repubs have a problem with 250, then why don't Dems come back with 300, or 400?  500? At some point in time, repubs will have to agree, or there will be no excusing away their desire to block legislation. I think 250 is too low.  I do not think many would complain about $500. 
    Posted by whatnow3

A lot of people on the left have suggested raising the amount. Republicans have been saying there will be no discussion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Make them prove they are just trying to obstruct.

If Dems come back with 500, and repubs say no, they will not be able to hide.

It seems like a good move legislatively and politically for Dems.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

Why not make it so all the loonies that want to give the govt more tax $, can write it off as a deduction.  Meaning, give more = deduct more, and so on.

They can jusy keep giving more, and deducting off of their taxes, they'll make money eventually?  right? 

Contact Tim Geitner if you want this explained, he's very bright you know.....,....

Sections
Shortcuts