Missouri School Districts Start Training Teachers To Carry Concealed Weapons In Classroom

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Missouri School Districts Start Training Teachers To Carry Concealed Weapons In Classroom

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Missouri School Districts Start Training Teachers To Carry Concealed Weapons In Classroom

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Why don't more schools institute a School Resource Officer? I know in MA there are many schools that do so. That way you have a trained officer to handle a situation where a gunman is involved. Canada also has instituted SRO's in many of the schools there. 

That's a vastly better idea than declaring a school to be a "gun free zone" and then expecting that to be enough.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:

We have by far the most guns per capita and most gun violence per capita.

Saying that we need to allow more guns in more places to prevent gun violence sounds to me rather like saying that all we need is more cops going after drugs to end drug problems.

At any rate, wouldn't you prefer someone trained to deal with these situations to be there rather than random civilians (ie, teachers)? Cops miss all the time when returning fire. I'd expect a civilian to do even worse.

Sure, we have lots of guns, most of them in the wrong places to be useful.  And, when seconds count, running to  the opposite end of the house/school to get the key for the trigger lock is, well, not useful.

So, I say put the existing guns in more useful places, and make them more operational for emergencies.

But, I am not so sure I want members of teachers union with guns.  That's just insane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

But, I am not so sure I want members of teachers union with guns.  That's just insane.

What does the union have to do with anything, and what is "insane" about it?

If, as you and other pro-gun folks claim, that more guns in public will prevent more crimes, then why exclude one occupation over another, despite their union?  Police belong to unions, too.

Do you even listen to what you say...??

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

If, as you and other pro-gun folks claim, that more guns in public will prevent more crimes, then why exclude one occupation over another, despite their union?  Police belong to unions, too.

Your problem is:

no sense of humor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Saying that we need to allow more guns in more places to prevent gun violence sounds to me rather like saying that all we need is more cops going after drugs to end drug problems.

At any rate, wouldn't you prefer someone trained to deal with these situations to be there rather than random civilians (ie, teachers)? Cops miss all the time when returning fire. I'd expect a civilian to do even worse.

Sure, we have lots of guns, most of them in the wrong places to be useful.  And, when seconds count, running to  the opposite end of the house/school to get the key for the trigger lock is, well, not useful.

So, I say put the existing guns in more useful places, and make them more operational for emergencies.

What is a more "useful" place? And what do you consider as "more operational for emergencies"? One of the biggest issues I have with some gun owners is their inability to securely lock up their guns. Too many stories of kids finding daddies gun laying around loaded. That is beyond moronic. 

It is a double edge sword with proper gun safety.  Many idiots out there.  However, basically incapacitating my gun use because of some idiot who cannot manage their guns is problematic.  If seconds really do count, making my gun inoperable for an extended period of time while someone is attacking me, gfor example, is making it less operational for emergencies.

It makes sense to me to make guns more available at school, rather than less available, if that's where the problem is.  that's a useful place for people to have guns, in some measure.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Your problem is:

no sense of humor.

Your problem is:

no sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Your problem is:

no sense of humor.

Your problem is:

no sense.

You lack the gene of wit as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

What is a more "useful" place? And what do you consider as "more operational for emergencies"? One of the biggest issues I have with some gun owners is their inability to securely lock up their guns. Too many stories of kids finding daddies gun laying around loaded. That is beyond moronic. 

It is a double edge sword with proper gun safety.  Many idiots out there.  However, basically incapacitating my gun use because of some idiot who cannot manage their guns is problematic.  If seconds really do count, making my gun inoperable for an extended period of time while someone is attacking me, gfor example, is making it less operational for emergencies.

It makes sense to me to make guns more available at school, rather than less available, if that's where the problem is.  that's a useful place for people to have guns, in some measure.

Who said anything about making your gun "inoperable"? I'm talking about people who leave loaded weapons in the open. And by "open" I mean not locked up. Just because a gun is in a night stand doesn't mean it's in a safe place. Kids get into things....that's what kids do.

Kids will also get into things such as a teachers desk at school as well. If a teacher isn't carrying said gun on them then it would most definitely have to be locked up. Again why I say schools should have resource officers. Trained professional to handle a gunman situation. Prefer an officer over a teacher any day of the week.

Yah, I though I addressed that with the plenty of idiots out there comment. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

So, make schools gun free zones.  It is like chumming for crazies.  

When another school attack happens, don't flip out and further restrict the rights of lawful gun owners that had nothing to do with the shooting because you refused to address the real issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Your problem is:

no sense of humor.

Your problem is:

no sense.

You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

Good news is you make every other poster look exceptional by comparison.  Kudos for lowering the bar.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Your problem is:

no sense of humor.

Your problem is:

no sense.

You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

Good news is you make every other poster look exceptional by comparison.  Kudos for lowering the bar.

Wow. Just wow.

Once again, you are at the train station when your ship comes in.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Who said anything about making your gun "inoperable"? I'm talking about people who leave loaded weapons in the open. And by "open" I mean not locked up. Just because a gun is in a night stand doesn't mean it's in a safe place. Kids get into things....that's what kids do.

Kids will also get into things such as a teachers desk at school as well. If a teacher isn't carrying said gun on them then it would most definitely have to be locked up. Again why I say schools should have resource officers. Trained professional to handle a gunman situation. Prefer an officer over a teacher any day of the week.

Yah, I though I addressed that with the plenty of idiots out there comment. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

When another school attack happens, don't flip out and further restrict the rights of lawful gun owners that had nothing to do with the shooting because you refused to address the real issue.

What part of me being in favor of a School Resource Officer (which is a cop) did you not get?

And where did I advocate restricting rights of lawful gun owners? It would be helpful if you didn't have imaginary conversations going on in your head and stuck with what I'm ACTUALLY posting. Just sayin.....

No, I get it.  No need to attack me.  It is your positions on these things that allow others to call for restricting guns.  No need for you to do it, others will gladly comply.

Every time there is an incident involving a gun at a school, the progressive crazies want to take all the guns and outlaw them.  That is not hyperbole, that is what happened in Connecticut.

Also, You are conflating two separate issues: idiots with guns, and allowing guns at schools, your version being something called a school resource officer.  

but, back to the school safety officer: sub optimal solution, better than nothing, but one or two armed officers wandering around a school is not as effective as the uncertainty of several armed teachers/administrators. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

What part of me being in favor of a School Resource Officer (which is a cop) did you not get?

And where did I advocate restricting rights of lawful gun owners? It would be helpful if you didn't have imaginary conversations going on in your head and stuck with what I'm ACTUALLY posting. Just sayin.....

No, I get it.  No need to attack me.  It is your positions on these things that allow others to call for restricting guns.  No need for you to do it, others will gladly comply.

Every time there is an incident involving a gun at a school, the progressive crazies want to take all the guns and outlaw them.  That is not hyperbole, that is what happened in Connecticut.

Also, You are conflating two separate issues: idiots with guns, and allowing guns at schools, your version being something called a school resource officer.  

but, back to the school safety officer: sub optimal solution, better than nothing, but one or two armed officers wandering around a school is not as effective as the uncertainty of several armed teachers/administrators. 

My position of wanting more schools to have a RSO allows for progressives to take your guns away? Um....hahaha....ok....

I've seen my fair share of people who think they're a good shot only to see how horrendous a shot they really are. Now add in being scared with adrenaline coursing through their body....what a disaster. I'm pretty sure one highly trained police officer is more than enough to take care of a lone gunman. 

It's odd that Skeeter would consider teachers to be union hacks, but at the same time think they should be armed. 

Am I skeeter? Let me check.... Nope. Still not skeeter.

what don't you think teachers can handle guns? Or are they yeller?

but, here's the bigger points:

creating yet another government position, one that is sort of a police officer in the school, with a gun, just creates another stomach in the big government scheme that needs to be fed and needs to grow.  Example: how did the Patriot act turn out for the American people? How did the EPA turn out?  These things start off as good ideas and quickly become entrenched government/union interests that are impossible to back out.

second point: if the left would stop their demo missing crusade against guns, things would return closer to normal.  That's what John Lott's research show, and it is worth a read.

as far as schools: if you have a society where some number of  law abiding people are armed, crazies and crooks are less likely to have a go at whatever they have in mind.  When guns show up to these crazy shootings, that's when the perp usually turns the gun on themselves.  How much better to hasten that action.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts