Mitt's trouble with picking a vp choice.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Mitt's trouble with picking a vp choice.

In response to jackbu's comment:

I have said all along that Mitt will pick a boring white guy as a vp choice.  Now even Brian Williams is agreeing with me.

Now here is the real problem.  If Mitt still holds fast and does not release any additional tax returns, how is he going to pick a running mate who has.  The new short lists of runnng mates for Mitt cannot include people who have released years of tax returns in the past.  How would it look if Mitt picks a person who has advocated that releasing years of returns, is the way to run for office?

So Mitt will probably pick someone who has not held public office, or someone else who likes to hide their tax returns......enter Donald Trump.....

Even Brian Williams?

The Brian Williams who left college to intern in the Carter administration?

The Brian Williams who interviewed Obama last week and didn't ask about Libya?

You people are blind.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

you were wrong.

Just on the point about not holding public office.

Mitt did pick another boring white guy who is a clone of himself. 

[/QUOTE]

Brian Williams.

BWHHHHAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAA

Nice source.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with citing brian williams.  He's one of the best and brightest.

Just kidding.  Communists.  all of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Brian Williams is very well respected. I wonder who 'ms'obstinate finds an acceptable example of upstanding journalism.

Course the OP is a little outdated. Slow week last week? Or just like regurgitating months old discussion? You all must be very bored.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

I have said all along that Mitt will pick a boring white guy as a vp choice.  Now even Brian Williams is agreeing with me.

Now here is the real problem.  If Mitt still holds fast and does not release any additional tax returns, how is he going to pick a running mate who has.  The new short lists of runnng mates for Mitt cannot include people who have released years of tax returns in the past.  How would it look if Mitt picks a person who has advocated that releasing years of returns, is the way to run for office?

So Mitt will probably pick someone who has not held public office, or someone else who likes to hide their tax returns......enter Donald Trump.....

The problem was that Mittens didn't connect with the middle class and chose a right-wing wacko to be his running mate. Now he's reduced to having Trump call for a revolution. LOL, you republicans are so pathetic!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

The problem was that Mittens didn't connect with the middle class and chose a right-wing wacko to be his running mate

Are you flipping kidding me? Didn't connect with the middle class? Gee glad to know my friends, family and half my town got bumped from middle class to upper class? Our town was split down the middle. You can't tell me Mitt didn't connect with the middle class. That is bullchit.

[/QUOTE]

In your little world, perhaps. But in the  big wide world out there, Obama won all but one of the swing states. All heavily blue collar and/or middle class.

Romney won all the red states, ya know, that ones that take the most in govt. services?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

<:-P<:-P<:-P<:-P happy day

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

And Wisconsin- Ryan's home state. Romney lost the moderate vote when he picked Ryan as VP. Last night proved it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And Wisconsin- Ryan's home state. Romney lost the moderate vote when he picked Ryan as VP. Last night proved it.

[/QUOTE]

wow, that was a real disaster last night for the gop. 

[/QUOTE]

Instead of getting into a whole back and fourth with you and your multiple identities you can have the last word. 

[/QUOTE]

Ah, an admission that you lost the argument. Nice playin with you. Come again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

I only have the one name. If you think differently then get in touch with Boston.com.  I am sure the reason you 1409 posts in less then three months is, boston.com knows how to now stop posters from  using multiple names.

[/QUOTE]

1409 posts in 3 months? Methinks someone doesn't get out much. Really Obs, you should step away from the computer once in a while.

I agree. Get in touch with Boston.com. You will be proven wrong - again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

The problem was that Mittens didn't connect with the middle class and chose a right-wing wacko to be his running mate

Are you flipping kidding me? Didn't connect with the middle class? Gee glad to know my friends, family and half my town got bumped from middle class to upper class? Our town was split down the middle. You can't tell me Mitt didn't connect with the middle class. That is bullchit.

[/QUOTE]

Deal with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Mitt's VP choice had nothing to do with his loss.  He lost because:

The Dems where successful in the war on women theme resulting in 60/40 split to Obama, If it ws 56/44 Mit would have won.

The GOP totally blew off the fastest rising demographic in the country, Hipanics/Latinos who are traditionally conservative, due to an outdated and unrealistic immigration position resulting in a 80/20 split to Obama on close to 20% of the votes.  If it was 70/30 mitt would have won.

The GOP needs to evolve and give up its conservative social issue mantra and focus on small government and pro-private sector business.

The train has left the station:

*  accept/embrace marriage equality take the issue away from the Dem advantage

*  Let a national leader like Rubio develop an immigration policy and make it a winning agenda issue

These two alone would rebuild the GOP's constituents and remove the hot button advantage to the Dems.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts