Mon mows down 23 middle school students with car; another stabs 23 elementary school students! Do we blame cars and knives?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Mon mows down 23 middle school students with car; another stabs 23 elementary school students! Do we blame cars and knives?

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The question is "why shouldn't we ban assault rifles and high capacity magazines"? 

[/QUOTE]

Because millions of Americans use them lawfully for entertainment and sporting events and they do not deserve to be punished because someone else used them unlawfully and to commit murder.

Just like a law abiding citizen shouldn't lose their car because some one else used one to commit murder!!

Your lame argument and corrolation between assault RIFLES and RPG's, tanks etc is just assinine!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Mon mows down 23 middle school students with car; another stabs 23 elementary school students! Do we blame cars and knives?

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

Only by luck was no one killed!! It's about the intent and the fact that PEOPLE who want to murder in mass will do so regardless of how many rights we take away from innocent people or blame the tools!!

These wingnut arguments are just getting idiotic. 

So when a nut tries to use a car for something other than it's intended purpose, and fails miserably, it's 'luck'.

Of course it couldn't be the fact that a car is not designed to kill so it fails miserably when used for things other than it's intended purpose. Of course this is the exact opposite of what an assault weapon was designed to do....

Wow, next thing ya know these whacko wingnuts will try and compare a military assault weapon with a steak knife or a baseball bat.

[/QUOTE]

What is refferred to as an Assault weapon" is nothing more than a 223 deer rifle with modified stock and barrel top make it look more lethal and be more light weight.

A 1911 45 acp is much more lethal in the 0-40 yard range (classrom or hallway) stock clips hold 9 rounds and be changed in about 1-2 seconds. clip belts can hold 4 to 16 clips!

All the standard mods such as a two piece guide rod, group gripper link, beavertail safety, target sights, Commander hammer, extended slide release and Hogue grips was not really essential, but it looked cool and reduced recoil by about 20%.  The gun was a tack driver. When the other guys on the range would shoot water filled milk jugs on the 50 yard range, I would shoot the coat hangers they were attached to!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

The absurdity of the whacko wingnut argument that a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines wouldn't immediately eradicate mass murder so we shouldn't do it.

[/QUOTE]

The Leftnutz are so excited about taking guns away they dont even realize that when they start blaming guns; Guns sellers inventories are depleted!

You can't even find assualt weapons in many big name stores and outlets since the dems started this nonsense because sales skyrocketed!!

There are tens of thousands more in the public now than 2 weeks ago!

You can forget govt confiscation or buy back programs handling just those numbers!!

Good job idiots!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The absurdity of the whacko wingnut argument that a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines wouldn't immediately eradicate mass murder so we shouldn't do it.

[/QUOTE]

The Leftnutz are so excited about taking guns away they dont even realize that when they start blaming guns; Guns sellers inventories are depleted!

You can't even find assualt weapons in many big name stores and outlets since the dems started this nonsense because sales skyrocketed!!

There are tens of thousands more in the public now than 2 weeks ago!

You can forget govt confiscation or buy back programs handling just those numbers!!

Good job idiots!!!

[/QUOTE]

Dn't exaggerate.  The only issue on the table is that some guns designed for military prposes should be denied to civilians.  They have no real benefit to civilians (entertainment...)and there is a rather obvious drawback as they are eing used to kill people.  Two incidents have taken place now whre people got ahold of these weaons an killed a bunch of people.  Your inability to see the obvious logic behind restrcting these weapons is sad.  Your overall pssivity to this issue is sadder still.  Now go run off and play with your RPG and the fake ammunition and see how the police and courts address your logic...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

The AR-15 and it's variants were never designed for deer hunting, unless you believe that is why we have a standing army... to protect us from a deer revolt.

So if the .45 is so deadly, then why do you need the assault weapon?

It's seems that your argument is that a .45 would be perfectly adequate as a self-defense weapon.

[/QUOTE]

The AR-15/M-16 fire a .223 caliber round. The remington 223 is also a semi-automatic deer rifle FIRES THE SAME EXACT ROUND. The reason most deer hunters do not use the Remington 223 is because it does not have the knock down power.

Standard calibers for deer rifles range from .243 Winchester to .280 Remington, and suitable magnum calibers range from .24 to .270. The 7mm and larger bore magnum calibers while they will certainly kill deer, they are more appropriate for larger game.

No look at a 45 caliber semi automatic!

The round is about as big around as you thumb and you can get hollow points that increase destruction subdtantially.

The whole point is to pick any weapon just because it has "assault" in front of it and think that if, we take it out people are safer is just lunacy or ignorance!

Limiting magazine size is equally riduculous! It just cosmetics in fight against mass killings!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I blame the OP for intentionally trying to lower his IQ.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Limiting magazine size is equally riduculous! It just cosmetics in fight against mass killings!!

Reloading doesn't slow a shooter down? I wasn't aware. 

Look, Reuben summarized it very well in the other thread:

Do we really have to think this out?  The benefit of these guns is entertainment. The detriment is mass killings.  Apparently some conservatives can't get see this basic dichotomy.  Fun or First graders...

[/QUOTE]

Explain how restricting the sale of smaller magazines helps the fight against mass killings.

A clip can be changed in about 2.1 seconds. Clips can be banded together and cut that time in half!

It' IS cosmetics and NOT a serious solution for anything excpept restricting honest law abiding people from having them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Explain how restricting the sale of smaller magazines helps the fight against mass killings.

I have explained many times how banning high capacity magazines along with the assault rifles that use them would likely reduce the body count in mass shootings.

But you knew that.

[/QUOTE]

You "explained" nothing other than "he would have to stop and reload". Which I have "EXPLAINED" takes 2 seconds or less.

That it would save any lives is speculation at best!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Explain how restricting the sale of smaller magazines helps the fight against mass killings. A clip can be changed in about 2.1 seconds. Clips can be banded together and cut that time in half! It' IS cosmetics and NOT a serious solution for anything excpept restricting honest law abiding people from having them!

2.1 seconds is by an experienced gunman.

And even if we take that time frame... 2.1 seconds is enough time to rush across the average size class room.

And no, you can't just band together ten round clips because they don't slide far enough the magazine well to allow alternating clips to be seated. Thiry round clips can be banded together because of the length of the clip relative to the magazine well.

[/QUOTE]

So a child or teacher is going to run across the classroom and bering a gunman down in 2 seconds? you're an idiot!

Dont be a troll and an idiot to boot.I can absolutlely band 10 round clips together on an AR-15 and even a more powerful weapons clip. I expends about 3/4 of inch below the stock; which is plenty of room and even if it didnt you can attach them end to end with adhesive; eject flip and slam it back!! 1.5 seconds for anyone who knows how to eject the clip.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah but we all know that the government started mass exterminations of white citizens when the assault weapons ban was active.

[/QUOTE]

Pusssy.

Now it's a race issue?

geez fvcking sam...

Saying "they are not needed for defense so, ban them for everyone because there is a remote chance that someday some thing might happen where it turns out to be a good thing"??

Uh NO!

Regulation and federal bans are not the answer when they are ambiguous at best and dont even address the issue of how to stop PEOPLE from killing others in mass!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Pusssy. Now it's a race issue?

I don't know, don't ask me. Newtster's the one who said he wants people like himself to be able to own AR-15s to prevent genocide.

[/QUOTE]

You responded to my post with a race implication.

I dont know newsters race, gender or anything and dont really care for this forum

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

It's got nothing to do with newt's race but his declaration that we need assault weapons to stave off a coming genocide in this country, which by definition involves a race component.

Since the vast majority of the assault weapons massacres were carried out by white males, it's a pretty dang good assumption that those are the ones most worried about some looming racial wars. 

[/QUOTE]

The vast majority of people killed in gun related crime is black males.

The vast number of people killing black males is other black males.

Have you been privy to these killers geneaology or are you just going by the way they looked to you?

Obama looks black but, is in fact only half black and half white!

Does that mean he has half a potential to be a mass murderer??

Fokop!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[/QUOTE]

My response was to 1angryman

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

If I was a shooter, I would certainly go with a high powered rifle with large magazines rather than a weapon I've got to keep reloading.

[/QUOTE]

Sure you would be, the point is; if some one is determined to kill people in mass he is not likely to say "oh dang I'll have to reload twice so, forget it"!

I'm for laws that protect people but, not laws that just look good (and politicians gets points for supporting or opposing) to those that do not understand the real situation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

If I was a shooter, I would certainly go with a high powered rifle with large magazines rather than a weapon I've got to keep reloading.

[/QUOTE]

Sure you would be, the point is; if some one is determined to kill people in mass he is not likely to say "oh dang I'll have to reload twice so, forget it"!

I'm for laws that protect people but, not laws that just look good (and politicians gets points for supporting or opposing) to those that do not understand the real situation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

That's the point. None of this can be certain.

Again: I see no point to allowing the military-style weapons, and I see potential benefit to banning them.

It's just a balancing.

[/QUOTE]

Balancing what?

tens of thousands of people own AR-15's etc and are just collectors and law abiding gun enthusianst.

I do not support taking this right away from them just because some idiot may use one of these guns someday for evil.

1. there are too many toher way to accomplish the evil without using these guns.

2. It does nothing to address the problem of identifying and getting proepr care for the mentally ill along with keeping people safe from the violent ones.

btw many serial killers have been captured:

that nut in Norway!

The guy who shot the congress woman griffin and others etc etc!