Monday is Veteran's Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Monday is Veteran's Day

It was an honor for me to serve in the U.S. Army and I thank all of my fellow vets for their service too. It's also the Marine Corps birthday this week and I'd like to say Semper Fi to Sistersledge!

I remember this marching cadence very well, and I also have fond *smile* memories of those stress monsters in the round, brown, smokey the bear hats! I can look back and laugh now, but I wasn't laughing then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANUg_XemLvc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Monday is Veteran's Day

Happy Veterans Day to you Alleycat. Thank you to you and to all others on this site who put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms.

I hope you get pampered this weekend!

Also...thanks for the tip :-) See you on the other side!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

No mail?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Happy Veterans Day to you Alleycat. Thank you to you and to all others on this site who put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms.

I hope you get pampered this weekend!

Also...thanks for the tip :-) See you on the other side!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you miscricket:)......

I'll be looking for ya:)....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

AlleyCat I watched the video this morning. Very Motivating !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly Parris Island, but Army basic was no cake-walk back in the day. I salute you Sis! Enjoy Veterans Day my friend!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly Parris Island, but Army basic was no cake-walk back in the day. I salute you Sis! Enjoy Veterans Day my friend!

[/QUOTE]

You too AlleyCatBruin . No boot camp is EASY . What BDC needs is a Sgt Hulka with the Big TOE !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

It was an honor for me to serve in the U.S. Army and I thank all of my fellow vets for their service too. It's also the Marine Corps birthday this week and I'd like to say Semper Fi to Sistersledge!

I remember this marching cadence very well, and I also have fond *smile* memories of those stress monsters in the round, brown, smokey the bear hats! I can look back and laugh now, but I wasn't laughing then!

[/QUOTE]

Monday?  Monday? Monday is veterans day?

Apparently the only army you served in is the army of hack holiday patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Armistice Day is tomorrow . It was changed to Veterans Day after WW2. On the 11th day , on the 11 month and at the 11th hour of that day local time there should be 2 minutes of silence . It is a National Holiday in many countries to show respect to those who served in the Armed Forces. If the 11th day of the 11th months falls on a Saturday or Sunday it will be observed on the nearest Friday or Monday.

AlleyCatBruin served so show him respect.

BTW I forgot before you can respect others skeeter you have to respect yourself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Armistice Day is tomorrow . It was changed to Veterans Day after WW2. On the 11th day , on the 11 month and at the 11th hour of that day local time there should be 2 minutes of silence . It is a National Holiday in many countries to show respect to those who served in the Armed Forces. If the 11th day of the 11th months falls on a Saturday or Sunday it will be observed on the nearest Friday or Monday.

BTW I forgot before you can respect others skeeter you have to respect yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you can google.

And Monday is the 12th.

All the events are happening on the 11th.  I know of only one that is happening on Monday.

If you were a member of the military to the extent you claim, you would be involved with the vets, and you would know that.

But, you don't.  So I'm calling you on it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Monday is the 12th.

All the events are happening on the 11th.  I know of only one that is happening on Monday.

If you were a member of the military to the extent you claim, you would be involved with the vets, and you would know that.

[/QUOTE]

I'll be in our town's Veteran' Day Parade so come on down and I'll throw you enough candy so your cheap ... can feed your family . I reconized you ........ you'll be wearing a multi colored wig and a rainbow coalition shirt with a big red circle and with a red line running threw it and holding a sign that saids John 3:16 !

Semper Fi .

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Monday is the 12th.

[/QUOTE]

I'll be in our town's Veteran' Day Parade so come on down and I'll throw you enough candy so your cheap ... can feed your family . I reconized you ........ you'll be wearing a multi colored wig and a rainbow coalition shirt with a big red circle and with a red line running threw it and holding a sign that saids John 3:16 !

Semper Fi .

[/QUOTE]

You schooled him good Sis! LOLOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Veterans Day is being celebrated as a federal holiday on Monday, because this year, it falls on a Sunday.  You didn't have the guts to serve, so you wouldn't know that. No matter what you say to insult the service of veterans, all you are doing is making yourself look bad. But you are always so good at doing that:).....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Monday is the 12th.

[/QUOTE]

Skeeter, unless you had the balls to serve, you have no right to call any veteran on anything. I realize that Veterans Day makes the wingnuts a little grouchy because most of them did not serve their country. You are a perfect example of that. The bottom line is that when Sis, me, and 12 Angry Men where younger, we took the challenge that you were unwilling or unable to take. So, the one day of the year that is set aside to honor veterans comes along and you act like the spoiled chickenhawk that you are. It's okay. Just remember that there was a time when you slept safely at night while some people on this board where standing watch for this country.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These are the cadences that stuck with me all these years.

http://youtu.be/qQwoQo4KvbA

http://youtu.be/fj7gZ06mSuE

http://youtu.be/NmV_gBCFj6A

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff! Brings back memories. Thanks for your service!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Still, no mail!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.".   

- Winston Churchill

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I hope all will participate in my poll.

How do you plan to celebrate Veterans Day ?

A) Visit a memorial.

B) Spending time with a fellow veteran.

C) Indulging in a Veteran's Day special.

D) Taking time to thank a Veteran.

E) All of the above.

BTW I wish I could take credit for this poll !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Never take your freedom for granted. On this Veterans Day, I especially salute those who signed up from behind barbed wire fences in America's internment camps to defend our nation from tyranny. They never lost faith in the promise of America.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll be in our town's Veteran' Day Parade so come on down and I'll throw you enough candy so your cheap ... can feed your family . I reconized you ........ you'll be wearing a multi colored wig and a rainbow coalition shirt with a big red circle and with a red line running threw it and holding a sign that saids John 3:16! Semper Fi

Skeetards just another wingnut chickenhawk who never had the balls to serve so he feels the need to try and denigrate those of us who stood up and proudly served our country.

It's telling that the majority of vets on these boards are from the left while the wingnuts here field a bunch of chickenhawks who's only purpose is to adhere to political ideology. It's sad that these maroons put their party before their country.

Happy Veterans Day all who served, their families and those who continue to support our men and women in uniform.

"Train for war.... but pray for peace."

[/QUOTE]

If you don't know that Veterans day was YESTERDAY, and not today, I strongly question one's claim.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll be in our town's Veteran' Day Parade so come on down and I'll throw you enough candy so your cheap ... can feed your family . I reconized you ........ you'll be wearing a multi colored wig and a rainbow coalition shirt with a big red circle and with a red line running threw it and holding a sign that saids John 3:16! Semper Fi

Skeetards just another wingnut chickenhawk who never had the balls to serve so he feels the need to try and denigrate those of us who stood up and proudly served our country.

It's telling that the majority of vets on these boards are from the left while the wingnuts here field a bunch of chickenhawks who's only purpose is to adhere to political ideology. It's sad that these maroons put their party before their country.

Happy Veterans Day all who served, their families and those who continue to support our men and women in uniform.

[/QUOTE]

If you don't know that Veterans day was YESTERDAY, and not today, I strongly question one's claim.

[/QUOTE]

STOP !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

STOP !

[/QUOTE]

Sistersledge...honestly..the only way you're going to get Skeeter to stop is to ignore him. After years of particpating in various political forums..I've learned that some people have no opinion..no consistency and no critical thinking skills. They participate in these forums for attention and they don't care whether that attention is positive or negative.

There are a couple of posters on this site that I just simply will not respond to because it is easy to see that they are just looking for attention and their primary function is to stir the pot. Skeeter has been added to that list. Trust me..ignoring the trolls works and makes the online experience much more enjoyable.