More and more wingnuts are acknowledging who is responsible for this budget fiasco and gov't shutdown.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: More and more wingnuts are acknowledging who is responsible for this budget fiasco and gov't shutdown.

Behold the next primary opponents for the tee partee cabal and freedomworks.

They won't be happy until it's "all shutdowns, all the time"....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: More and more wingnuts are acknowledging who is responsible for this budget fiasco and gov't shutdown.

"I won't negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Peter King: GOP Is Responsible For The Government Shutdown

“The fact is, it was done in the House, and the government is now closed and Obamacare is going forward. This was a strategy that never could have worked."  "We are the ones who did shut the government down," he later added. "Charles Krauthammer called it the suicide caucus. The Wall Street Journal said they were kamikazes."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/peter-king-gop-is-responsible-for-the-government-shutdown-video?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

GOP Rep Blames Cruz For Shutdown: 'He Took A Lot Of Folks Into The Ditch'

"But if I had to cast blame anywhere, I would say it was Sen. Cruz and those who insisted upon this tactic that we all knew was not going to succeed," Dent said. "What he did essentially, Sen. Cruz, basically, he took a lot of folks into the ditch. Now that we're in the ditch, you can't get out of the ditch, the senator has no plan to get out of the ditch, those of us who do have a plan to get out of the ditch and will vote to get out of the ditch will then be criticized by those who put us in the ditch in the first place."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep-blames-cruz-for-shutdown-he-took-a-lot-of-folks-into-the-ditch

Nunes calls fellow House Republicans ‘Lemmings with suicide vests’

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) had choice words for fellow House Republicans who are willing to see the government shut down over their opposition to Obamacare: "Lemmings with suicide vests," he called them.
    "They have to be more than just a lemming. Because jumping to your death is not enough," he said.
    "You have this group saying somehow if you’re not with them, you’re with Obamcare. If you’re not with their plan -- exactly what they want to do, you’re with Obamcare. It’s getting a little old," he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/09/30/nunes-calls-fellow-house-republicans-lemmings-with-suicide-vests/

Like it or not the right leaning Reps seats are safe, as they represent their districts, or they wouldn't be acting that way.  The HoR is a representaive body for the people.  If they fail to represent they'll be rolled out like the Dems where for what Pelosi did during they short lived legislative supermajority that brought us ACA.  The people didn't like how ACA was voted in.

The Senate is a body that is less reactive to the will of the people with only 1/3 up for re-electing each cyle.  The Senate represents states rights.

Now I don't agree with their tactics and but I do understand what drives them.  But that doesn't mean that I support Cruz.

In fact I'd like to see both houses of Congress (1/3 0f the Senate) completely replaced next election.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

"I won't negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

Nor should he.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Peter King: GOP Is Responsible For The Government Shutdown

“The fact is, it was done in the House, and the government is now closed and Obamacare is going forward. This was a strategy that never could have worked."  "We are the ones who did shut the government down," he later added. "Charles Krauthammer called it the suicide caucus. The Wall Street Journal said they were kamikazes."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/peter-king-gop-is-responsible-for-the-government-shutdown-video?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

GOP Rep Blames Cruz For Shutdown: 'He Took A Lot Of Folks Into The Ditch'

"But if I had to cast blame anywhere, I would say it was Sen. Cruz and those who insisted upon this tactic that we all knew was not going to succeed," Dent said. "What he did essentially, Sen. Cruz, basically, he took a lot of folks into the ditch. Now that we're in the ditch, you can't get out of the ditch, the senator has no plan to get out of the ditch, those of us who do have a plan to get out of the ditch and will vote to get out of the ditch will then be criticized by those who put us in the ditch in the first place."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep-blames-cruz-for-shutdown-he-took-a-lot-of-folks-into-the-ditch

Nunes calls fellow House Republicans ‘Lemmings with suicide vests’

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) had choice words for fellow House Republicans who are willing to see the government shut down over their opposition to Obamacare: "Lemmings with suicide vests," he called them.
    "They have to be more than just a lemming. Because jumping to your death is not enough," he said.
    "You have this group saying somehow if you’re not with them, you’re with Obamcare. If you’re not with their plan -- exactly what they want to do, you’re with Obamcare. It’s getting a little old," he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/09/30/nunes-calls-fellow-house-republicans-lemmings-with-suicide-vests/

Like it or not the right leaning Reps seats are safe, as they represent their districts, or they wouldn't be acting that way.  The HoR is a representaive body for the people.  If they fail to represent they'll be rolled out like the Dems where for what Pelosi did during they short lived legislative supermajority that brought us ACA.  The people didn't like how ACA was voted in.

The Senate is a body that is less reactive to the will of the people with only 1/3 up for re-electing each cyle.  The Senate represents states rights.

Now I don't agree with their tactics and but I do understand what drives them.  But that doesn't mean that I support Cruz.

In fact I'd like to see both houses of Congress (1/3 0f the Senate) completely replaced next election.

I think you're right that right-leaning Reps are safe, but it's the moderate Reps that are made vulnerable by stunts like this.  Charlie Dent spoke his frustration with the tea party - he's all but assured a primary challenge now.  John Boehner will almost certainly face a challenge.  But if these challenges are successful, are PA an OH voters more likely to vote for a Ted Cruz or a moderate Dem?  The Dems can't regain the House by traditional means - they need help from the Tea Party, and this is shaping up to be terrific for the Dems.  The best outcome they could hope for is a battle within the GOP leading up to the mid-terms.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

"I won't negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

Nor should he.

Right! Good leaders should pout and ignore!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Good leaders

Don't negotiate with terrorists, whether or not metaphorical.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

HECKLER: A clean resolution—if it passes, it will pass.
    SESSIONS: Look. We're not French. We don't surrender.
    HECKLER: Surrender what? You created the fight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Good leaders

A good leader would call all of the party leaders into conference and say "we are not leaving until this is settled" period!

Just putting out media comments and bumper sticker statements to try and end things through political pressure is not how a true leader settles differences regardless of who is right and who is wrong!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Good leaders

A good leader would call all of the party leaders into conference and say "we are not leaving until this is settled" period!

lol. Yeah that'd do the trick.

And how to "settle" it? Defund Obamacare? In other words, pay the ransom? That's what a good leader would do?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

"I won't negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

Heh, heh, heh ... How do you negotiate with morons that don't even know what they want?

"We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And what are the whackjobs offering in these "negotiations"?

How do you negotiate with someone that won't negotiate even when he is powerless to get his own way without negotiating?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Good leaders

lol. Yeah that'd do the trick.

And how to "settle" it? Defund Obamacare? In other words, pay the ransom? That's what a good leader would do?

He gave in to the Russians and Assad. ANd that was a wise thing to do because he shot his mouth off about attacking Syria without any support from Congress or the American people, nor even the people that are mor important to him, the UN, the Arab League and Europe.

So what is wrong with negotiating  when you are powerless to get what you what you want? Only a partisan tool would say that the only result of Obama negoatiating is to defund Obamacare. Nothing in between or are you closed minded? 

He is going to have to negotiate, especially as more and more people find out they are going to get hosed by Obamacare.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts