More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aXZinRhF5tlA

Banks With 20% Unpaid Loans at 18-Year High Amid Recovery Doubt

Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The number of U.S. lenders that can’t collect on at least 20 percent of their loans hit an 18-year high as more bank failures and losses could slow an economic recovery.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/02/news/economy/jobs_september/index.htm?postversion=2009100208

Bad news: Jobs market getting worse

More jobs were lost in September than expected and unemployment rate hits 26-year high of 9.8%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Employers cut more jobs from their payrolls in September, as the long-battered U.S. labor market took an unexpected turn for the worse, according to a government report Friday.

The Labor Department said there was a net loss of 263,000 jobs in the month, up from a revised loss of 201,000 jobs in August. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com had forecast losses would fall to 175,000 jobs.

The unemployment rate rose to 9.8% in September from 9.7% in August. That was in line with economists' forecasts, but the unemployment rate is now the highest since June 1983. The average work week also fell to a record low of 33 hours, down from 33.1 hours in August

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!!

I want to respond on behalf of all of the liberals to the above post.

First of all.  It is all George Bush's fault.  Secondly, if you think Obama isn't making a positive impact you are stupid.  If you only see his many failures and not his one or two successes, you must be a racist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!!

Must be 'fuzzy' math on Baraks part...

1. Barak was supposed to create/save millions of jobs.
    2. Whose 'expectations' are mentioned below.. Obamas?
    3. Love the bloggers that continue to quote that the economy is on the rebound
    4. I doubt ANYONE can reconcile the hundreds of BILLION in the stimulus package and relate those to jobs created/saved. I do believe the numbers are there.. we just see them when they are good
    5. No end in sight

The unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September as employers cut far more jobs than expected, evidence that the longest recession since the 1930s is still inflicting widespread pain.

The official jobless rate stopped short of topping 10 percent only because the Labor Department doesn't count people who have given up looking for work or settled for part-time jobs.

More than a half-million unemployed people gave up looking for work last month. If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

The Labor Department said Friday that the economy lost a net total of 263,000 jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised 201,000 in August. That's above Wall Street economists' expectations of 180,000 job losses, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.

The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in August, matching expectations.

All told, 15.1 million Americans are now out of work, the department said. And more than 7.1 million jobs have been eliminated since the recession began in December 2007.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

The libs must be studying on how they will deflect this from Obama or democrats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yes, national economies recover overnight, thank you and good day

tomorrow we will learn about how the universe was created in a day

and on sunday, we will learn how "god" created conservatives in his image, jealous, angry, selfish, and scared

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!!:
    [QUOTE]yes, national economies recover overnight, thank you and good day tomorrow we will learn about how the universe was created in a day and on sunday, we will learn how "god" created conservatives in his image, jealous, angry, selfish, and scared
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

words and sarcasm.. yes
    substance.. no

Steeerike threee,, you're OUT !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

No, its called reality, national economies can take years and years to recover...but then again...i guess conservatives are in need of instant gratification

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!!:
    [QUOTE]yes, national economies recover overnight, thank you and good day tomorrow we will learn about how the universe was created in a day and on sunday, we will learn how "god" created conservatives in his image, jealous, angry, selfish, and scared

Sorry but plenty of Lefties on these boards have been saying his policies have worked and that the economy is much better. Did you correct them by letting them know they are wrong because national economies don't recover overnight???
    I happen to agree that the economy isn't a light switch that can be flipped and all is better. But your side HAS been saying what he's doing has worked. Seems, according to reports and you, that it hasn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

aww don't be mad at us.

Were you the one was tauting how Obama had saved our economy and that we were in recovery because of him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]No, its called reality, national economies can take years and years to recover...but then again...i guess conservatives are in need of instant gratification

My response to that is the recession that Bush 43 inherited coupled with 9-11 corporate scandals and bankruptcies was shorten and turned around in about a year and then we had 60 months of continued growth while fighting 2 wars.

But, I guess we can't expect Obama to live up to that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]No, its called reality, national economies can take years and years to recover...but then again...i guess conservatives are in need of instant gratification

True... bend over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : Sorry but plenty of Lefties on these boards have been saying his policies have worked and that the economy is much better. Did you correct them by letting them know they are wrong because national economies don't recover overnight??? I happen to agree that the economy isn't a light switch that can be flipped and all is better. But your side HAS been saying what he's doing has worked. Seems, according to reports and you, that it hasn't.
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]
    Not to be the grammar police here...but when you use as many pro-nouns as you did here...i have zero idea what you are talking about...could you please re-phrase?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : aww don't be mad at us. Were you the one was tauting how Obama had saved our economy and that we were in recovery because of him?
    Posted by sk8ter2008[/QUOTE]
    we are in recovery...just because you dont see the effects right away doesnt mean its not happening...things are a hell of alot better RIGHT NOW than in september when W. was the helm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : True... bend over.
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]
    why? you dont have anything anyways

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : why? you dont have anything anyways

I'll drive you... home sonny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

Well, if we hadn't had the stimulus bill, unemployment would be above 20%, and not one person would still own a home.

Just ask Joe Biden.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from angelo83mm. Show angelo83mm's posts

[QUOTE]I want to respond on behalf of all of the liberals to the above post. First of all.  It is all George Bush's fault.  Secondly, if you think Obama isn't making a positive impact you are stupid.  If you only see his many failures and not his one or two successes, you must be a racist.  
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

I agree.  How can you blame Obama for the mess that was started well before he was in office.  Hold off judging him at least until he's been in office a year.  What Obama has done is bring to a halt a crashing economy...of course there will be some whip-lash, but you can't blame Obama for that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

The Bush admin. bailed out Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac.  AIG and their bunch were next.  They started this train wreck with unsubstantiated wars and an economic debt in the gazillions.  The situation will get worse.  YOU are the one who thinks Obama is Superman.  I'm sure he's very flattered by that, but train wrecks, heart attacks and world economic collapse can't be changed overnight.  Glad to hear that you regard Obama as a "superhero", though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedilicious. Show tedilicious's posts

Barney Frank stole my baby!!!!!!

Its amazing how quickly stupidity travels.  Wonder why no one ever complained about Frank before Beck?  That's because almost everyone else in media knows something about politics, government, or financial services.  Otherwise they wouldn't be commenting on the topic.  But along comes the crying Beck guy and suddenly the guy who pretty much saved the world financial system is an ogre.  Frank isn't just revered because he's the smartest guy in government, he is universally respected by all politicos for knowing the most about the industry and knowing how to protect it from its own inner demons.  Republican congressmen might not appreciate his social positions, but they all respect and admire his pro-business philospophy regarding his committee.

Giraffe, you left out one key failure of Bush.  The Iraq war and the debt financing done to support it (as well as his other ill-advised spending initiatives) inflated interest rates at a time when the economy was on life support and resulted in a stunted recovery from the first Bush recession which retarded investment in the private sector.  This forced fiscal policy to overreach by trying to force rates so low and for such an extended duration (longest easing cycle in history) that it created what is today called the "housing bubble".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : Not to be the grammar police here...but when you use as many pro-nouns as you did here...i have zero idea what you are talking about...could you please re-phrase?

Nice dodge a55hole.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]The Bush admin. bailed out Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac.  AIG and their bunch were next.  They started this train wreck with unsubstantiated wars and an economic debt in the gazillions.  The situation will get worse.  YOU are the one who thinks Obama is Superman.  I'm sure he's very flattered by that, but train wrecks, heart attacks and world economic collapse can't be changed overnight.  Glad to hear that you regard Obama as a "superhero", though.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

"They started this train wreck with unsubstantiated wars"

Psst....Bush didn't start the war in Afghanistan. That one was brought on by 9/11. Or do you feel that we deserved the 9/11 attack???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : Nice dodge a55hole.

No offense.. you have a typo there. CAPS might apply as well.

Kind regards

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Bank failures coming, 9.8% unemployment and rising! I thought Obama was fixing the economy, he's making it worse!! : " They started this train wreck with unsubstantiated wars " Psst....Bush didn't start the war in Afghanistan. That one was brought on by 9/11. Or do you feel that we deserved the 9/11 attack???

Bush started it, but it was substantiated.  If only we had actually made an effort to do something there.  The last thing we needed was to not support the righteous war and take resources away to fight an unsubstantiated war that we now can't remove oursleves from.

Oh yeah, and sending in mostly reservists really helped the economy out of its funk.  Not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[ Giraffe, you left out one key failure of Bush.  The Iraq war and the debt financing done to support it (as well as his other ill-advised spending initiatives) inflated interest rates at a time when the economy was on life support and resulted in a stunted recovery from the first Bush recession which retarded investment in the private sector.  This forced fiscal policy to overreach by trying to force rates so low and for such an extended duration (longest easing cycle in history) that it created what is today called the "housing bubble".
    Posted by tedilicious[/QUOTE]

Thanks for filling in some of the gaps.  None of us has 10 pages to tell the whole story.  In January, they said "Gee! we just did the math and realized we've been in a recession since last June."  Probably by December, they'll do the math and say "Gollee, we've been in a depression since last January."  The lines outside of the food banks where I live in Denver go around full city blocks.  The lines  are almost as long as the ones you have to wait in to vote.