Mosque arsonist tells court: 'I only know what I hear on Fox News'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Mosque arsonist tells court: 'I only know what I hear on Fox News'

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that "most Muslims are terrorists."

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40. Linn explained to the court that he had gotten "riled up" after watching Fox News.

"And I was more sad when Judge (Jack) Zouhary asked him that, 'Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?'" one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. "And he said, 'No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.'" "Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ."

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/20/mosque-arsonist-tells-court-i-only-know-what-i-hear-on-fox-news/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Mosque arsonist tells court: 'I only know what I hear on Fox News'

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that "most Muslims are terrorists."

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40. Linn explained to the court that he had gotten "riled up" after watching Fox News.

[/QUOTE]

And you believe him.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Spend some time on conservative blogs and you may change your mind.  There are a lot of demented folks out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

45 beers in the 6 hours

Th..... 

Ah.....     hrm....

Well, Slash claimed to drink up to a gallon of vodka a day at his very worst (though I somehow doubt how that's possible)......

But how does that even fit?

45 beers = 540 ounces = 4.2 gallons = 34ish pounds.....     

[/QUOTE]

I had a forensic guy testify on one of my cases.  Each beer is worth .02 in blood alcohol content for the average sized guy.  You also lose .02 every hour.  So 45 beers in six hours would be a .78 blood alcohol content.  You are supposed to be in a coma at .35 and dead at .40 or so.  Highest I saw was a .44 and he was alive and driving.  So it is somewhat flexible.  But there is no way you are functional based on this story.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you believe him.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Spend some time on conservative blogs and you may change your mind.  There are a lot of demented folks out there.

[/QUOTE]

Gee, never thought of that

[/QUOTE]

It's a wake up call. My brother is a Tea Party type and I get all this crap through him on Facebook.  Naturally, I cannot resist reading and sometimes I make the mistake of engaging them too.  Not a healthy place.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In my day I could juggle live cats on a tightrope at .35.

[/QUOTE]

Did you practice this often?  I feel for the cats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]  

[/QUOTE]

Liberal blogs can be pretty frightening too, those which practice intolerance in the name of tolerance!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]  

[/QUOTE]

Liberal blogs can be pretty frightening too, those which practice intolerance in the name of tolerance!

[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that is near the problem of that on the right.  There is a violent minded fringe on the conservative wing that the liberals lack.  The extreme of the gun culture crowd are a nasty bunch and they carry weapons....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

'I only know what I hear on Fox News'

. . .and that is why the loyal opposition was so flabbergasted the night of November 6.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you believe him.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gee, never thought of that

[/QUOTE]

It's a wake up call. My brother is a Tea Party type and I get all this crap through him on Facebook.  Naturally, I cannot resist reading and sometimes I make the mistake of engaging them too.  Not a healthy place.

[/QUOTE]

Liberals are so sane and peacefilled, and respectful of people.  Evidence:  Occupy movement. 

Conservatives are so violent and disrespectful of people.  Evidence: TEA party.

You see, your thought on the matter are completely the opposite of reality.  I know you want the TEA party to be violent, god knows Janet Napolitano wants that, but it is just not so.

The peaceniks of the left turn out to be disrespectful of rights, violent, and angry.

That's the summation of the left and the right over the last couple of years.