Mr. Vice President... I presonally apologize

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Mr. Vice President... I presonally apologize

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Are we angry that he didn't gaffe or something?

All the noise is over the fact that Biden has just become embarassing, his good ol boy I shop at Home Depot routine is really tiresome.  Does anyone really think he owns a shot gun or that this supposed conversation ever took place with his wife concerning a couple of shot gun blasts off of the balcony to scare away a threat?  

Unless its a nice tactical/home pump action shotgun with a 5-7 round capacity; unloading two rounds from your traditional double barrel shotgun means you've just emptied your load and now you just have a pipe in your hands.  The simple sound of the pump load action lets an intruder know that you are serious.

Come on, this little stroy didn't happen when he was a Senator and it sure hasn't happened since he's been under Secret Service protection.

This criticism comes from someone who looked at Biden during the 2008 cycle as a legitimate option due to his foreign policy knowledge.  Well luckily he didn't get the #1 spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

That's the point, when a society allows it's citizens their right to protect themselves by the most effective means possible (meaning any firearm including shotguns) it automatically creates a deterrent for criminals by taking away an advantage that they might otherwise have.

It's not a coincedence that mass murder events most often take place in "gun-free" zones.

Compare the rate of such attacks in Britain and America: Britain is no where close to our rate.  Britain is much more of a "gun free zone" than America. Now let's see if you can make the logical connection between these facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The scariest sound You can hear if your an uninvited guest Is the cocking of a gun. And you simply cant do that with a Shotgun. Lets let Kiefer Sutherland explain.  

"Now, doesn't that just torque your jaws? I love that. You know, just like in the movies, when the good guy is about to kill the bad guy, he cocks his gun. Now, why didn't he have it cocked? Because, that sound is scary. It's cool, isn't it?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Plus Gun control isnt about safety, its about control.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

That's the point, when a society allows it's citizens their right to protect themselves by the most effective means possible (meaning any firearm including shotguns) it automatically creates a deterrent for criminals by taking away an advantage that they might otherwise have.

It's not a coincedence that mass murder events most often take place in "gun-free" zones.

Compare the rate of such attacks in Britain and America: Britain is no where close to our rate.  Britain is much more of a "gun free zone" than America. Now let's see if you can make the logical connection between these facts.

Britian has the worst Violent Crime Rate of any Rich nation. I wonder why that is??? Oops im sry am i being inconveinant to the agenda your trying to push rueben?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

a shotgun is the most lethal weapon available for close contact engagements, it's lethality is second to none.....when the americans used shotguns in the trenches during world war 1 the germans actually complained to the Hague and declared that any prisoner found with a shotgun would be executed....

all guns are lethal...

people are the problem..our country is in a rapid decline and people want to blame guns instead of people because of political correctness....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

The scariest sound You can hear if your an uninvited guest Is the cocking of a gun.

A flintlock pistol?

Lol. Yea if you have 5 minutes to sit and reload the thing if you need to fire at someone. No. Im taking about guns with a slide or bolt action. But im guessing you already knew that huh. smart a55.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Lol. Yea if you have 5 minutes to sit and reload the thing if you need to fire at someone. No. Im taking about guns with a slide or bolt action. But im guessing you already knew that huh. smart a55.

Eh, just pointing out that the most commonly used weapons for self defense don't need to be cocked manually. Hell, most are semi-automatic handguns. So perhaps the sound would be the clip locking in.

Actually they do. A good gun owner always checks and makes sure his gun is Loaded and cocked before using.The exception though is if the gun was already cocked and still has a bullet(s) Left in the chamber. in that case you can just put in another mag and keep shooting. Even with New weapons your still required to manually advance the first bullet into the chamber and ready for firing.